So just saw on mobile syrup that Windows Phone is getting Vine. They have announced it but no specific timeline, but it will come.

Where is our BB10 Vine app? Why develop it for WP and not BlackBerry?

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/10/09/vi...ed-by-twitter/

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 01:22 PM
    They get Vine... we get Whine!

Early preview of Whine app shows off Vine on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    10-09-13 01:32 PM
    Something else for us to vine about
    10-09-13 01:43 PM
    i knew this was coming -.-
    10-09-13 01:48 PM
    Why develop it for WP and not BlackBerry?

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/10/09/vi...ed-by-twitter/

Posted via CB10
    Because WP is backed by an endless stream of cash.
    10-09-13 02:29 PM
    Well hopefully we'll have Whine soon enough.

Don't see why Vine can't develop for Blackberry but I guess that's a topic that could get lengthy.
    10-09-13 02:36 PM
    Also BlackBerry is a weird state atm, lots of people think its all downhill from here on. Well only time will tell i guess
    10-09-13 02:54 PM
    10-09-13 03:30 PM

Windows Phone already has an awesome vine client since June made by the same guy who made 6tag, the app is named 6sec:

Unofficial Vine client 6Sec gets updated; now supports multiple accounts | Windows Phone Central
    Vine client 6sec updated with beautiful new Live tiles | Windows Phone Central
    10-09-13 06:48 PM
    Would be a valid point if BlackBerry and crackberry users didn't keep banging on about the billions in the bank BlackBerry have.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 09:22 PM
    Would be a valid point if BlackBerry and crackberry users didn't keep banging on about the billions in the bank BlackBerry have.

Posted via CB10
    There is a lot of difference between endless stream of cash (MSFT) and a small drying pond of cash (BBRY)
    10-09-13 09:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Billions to float on not to spend. That's the difference.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 09:50 PM
    Billions to float on not to spend. That's the difference.

Posted via CB10
    What's the point of having that money if you don't spend it on getting the apps that will potentially induce sales. Maybe if they had the apps which people complain they don't have, then they'd have more sales then they'd have some more cash.

Saving money doesn't make you more money, you have to spend sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    mcmolineux likes this.
    10-10-13 07:16 AM
    Ugh....yes. Also, fact is...sigh....MS (*spit* "woolerton!") is the absolute #3 now, and they've gotten some growth. BB10 isn't going to be #4...it's going to be extinct - regardless of whether any remnant of BB carries on. The user base is negligible and it's likely - even in the short term - going to get smaller from here.

Where is our BB10 Vine app? Why develop it for WP and not BlackBerry?
    Also BlackBerry is a weird state atm, lots of people think its all downhill from here on. Well only time will tell i guess
    Don't see why Vine can't develop for Blackberry but I guess that's a topic that could get lengthy.
    This is just weird....like we're in an alternate reality. Guys, BB10 has essentially no user base.....WP has a MUCH larger user base and marketshare now. The userbase for BB10 is so tiny..... it is quite possible there are less BB10 users in total than winphone sold in Q1 alone.

Still, even they don't have enough to be sure of app support, but as others mention, I don't think they've been stingy in "encouraging" development. That's saying something - that even MS understands this very basic idea - since MS...over decades has shown failure the majority of the time in their products - as I remember I told a poster here in the midst of a heated MS Surface argument: "never underestimate MS management's ability to screw up!" The difference with BB is, MS can afford to fail....they've failed SO many times, in SO many areas (arguably every area outside of windows....perhaps xbox (red ring anyone) excepted - and that took A LOT of money before they got that going). I said that too before launch....MS doesn't have the leeway they had before....for the first time since the 80's, I can imagine a time when BB will be in huge trouble - not even that distant potentially...but they can still definitely afford to completely fail (and wp8 is a marginal win) for at least 2 to 3 more iterations in smartphones. BB had ONE chance.

As to the future of BB....well let's just say, best case scenario: the future is highly uncertain with strong suggestion that a break up will occur - and I wouldn't bet on that best case.

Not sure why you're wondering these things.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    10-10-13 07:56 AM
    Ugh....yes. Also, fact is...sigh....MS (*spit* "woolerton!") is the absolute #3 now, and they've gotten some growth. BB10 isn't going to be #4...it's going to be extinct - regardless of whether any remnant of BB carries on. The user base is negligible and it's likely - even in the short term - going to get smaller from here.

This is just weird....like we're in an alternate reality. Guys, BB10 has essentially no user base.....WP has a MUCH larger user base and marketshare now. The userbase for BB10 is so tiny..... it is quite possible there are less BB10 users in total than winphone sold in Q1 alone.

Still, even they don't have enough to be sure of app support, but as others mention, I don't think they've been stingy in "encouraging" development.

As to the future of BB....well let's just say, best case scenario: the future is highly uncertain with strong suggestion that a break up will occur - and I wouldn't bet on that best case.

Not sure why you're wondering these things.
    Except most of them are low-end 520s. I'd be curious to see how well Vine runs on that.
    richardat likes this.
    10-10-13 08:01 AM
    Except most of them are low-end 520s. I'd be curious to see how well Vine runs on that.
    I hope they friggen blow up!!!! ....errr....with no harm done to users.... ;-)
    10-10-13 08:03 AM
    And what is becoming a vicious pattern for BlackBerry users continues. Few users--few apps--fewer users--fewer apps......
    10-10-13 08:43 AM
    Windows Phone 8 has multiples times the numbers of users as BB10 as well. Due to the write down and revenue recognition change, BBRY likely sold <2.7 million BB10 devices since launch. WP8 moves multiple times that handsets in a quarter.

(BB10 is to WP the size that WP is to iOS. Maybe smaller.)
    richardat, Berry_Pink and Etios like this.
    10-10-13 09:41 AM
    And what is becoming a vicious pattern for BlackBerry users continues. Few users--few apps--fewer users--fewer apps......
    Yep. Talked about it even last year in regard to bb10 - it's why I thought 2 things key:
    1. Major apps ready to go at launch... Which they said they were goin to... And I'm pretty sure I even said on here that I thought they would - thought for sure they'd know that basic lesson and realize the ship is sumk - doa without it - but they didn't
    2. Big early uptake - convince developers that this was
    Going to be a serious platform...they needed numbers and to release them ASAP... But obviously that wasn't possible

It sucks but it is what it is. To me, the single biggest barrier to competitive entry. As soon as I realized they didn't have it - they had both feet in grave, once I suspected they didn't have the big uptake, it was apparent they couldn't climb out of
    The grave either.

It wasn't even close - if that makes you feel better... Or worse. You need to do one of
    Two things I believe:
    1. Ideally - outsell iOS/android actually show you are gaining ground... Even if there is a huge user base you won't get Anytime soon... At least you're on you way. Consider that in any other situation iOS/android are pulling farther Ahead every day even if you are selling

2. #1 is probably too much I ask these days, so you need to at least show you're on your way o establishing a significant base and will be a serious player with enough market to justify development. Even of you are relatively tiny at first- if you're growing fast - people are optimistic and want to get in early.

Anyways bb wasn't anywhere close even #2. Really wish they had,
    As I said before, blown as big a chunk of
    That cash as necessary to get every one of the top 20 apps... Or all except 1 or
    2 of them. That would have been good enough right there to make the issue a minimal one. I said before launch it was "hail Mary" time... But they decisive to just kill the clock and fall on the ball. Let
    The game end with no chance of a win.
    10-10-13 10:39 AM
    It'll run fine. They're nothing but short videos and YouTube ran fine on the original iPhone which ran at 400Mhz. Things that require high end specs are mostly games.
    Berry_Pink and Etios like this.
    10-10-13 10:41 AM
    It'll run fine. They're nothing but short videos and YouTube ran fine on the original iPhone which ran at 400Mhz. Things that require high end specs are mostly games.
    Again with the negativity roo Zilla! Banning!!! Banning I say!! Roo Zilla is a witch!! I swear I saw roo Zilla talking to balmer behind the great barn!!!

Sigh.... Ill have to accept win phone in 3rd... As long as it remains a distant third ill live with it. ;-)
    10-10-13 11:07 AM
    What's the point of having that money if you don't spend it on getting the apps that will potentially induce sales. Maybe if they had the apps which people complain they don't have, then they'd have more sales then they'd have some more cash.

Saving money doesn't make you more money, you have to spend sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    That basic question has been asked here repeatedly for a good two and a half years. I believe it started in earnest in early 2011, after Netflix came out with an app for Android but none was forthcoming for the 9800.
    10-10-13 11:46 AM
    There is a lot of difference between endless stream of cash (MSFT) and a small drying pond of cash (BBRY)
    That is a US$60 billion difference.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 11:56 AM
    This is bad for us.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 02:18 PM
    Even the low-end Lumia 520 comes with the same Dual core Snapdragon S4 processor as Z10, why should Vine have a problem when even the Halo:Spartan Assault works fine on 520.
    10-11-13 03:28 AM
28 12