I've got a Q10 and love it EXCEPT my email accounts constantly disconnect and I have to go in an re-enter the passwords. I have 2 yahoo's and a Gmail. It's a daily occurrence. Was wondering if anybody has this issue on their Z10 because if not I will swap to a Z10...

Posted via Verizon Q10 from Philly...
    10-08-13 07:53 PM
    What os version are you using? Some people have reported this problem on both the Z and Q.

I also had it when I ran certain leaks.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 07:57 PM
    I have the same problem and I don't have a leaked version of the OS. It happens to my godaddy and yahoo emails for sure. I don't think it's ever happened to me with my Gmail account. I'm with T-Mobile on an STL100-3 running version 10.1.0.4200.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 08:20 PM
    It happened to my z10 today!

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 08:25 PM
    I have the update 10.1 version via my carrier AT&T

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 08:26 PM
    10.2 solved that Gmail thing for me. It said couldn't find authentication screen blah blah.. Eventually went away , can't remember when

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 08:31 PM
    Thanks...after 2.5 hours w/ Verizon and the BlackBerry support they told me that the issue is when you connect and disconnect from WiFi to Cellular and account should re-connect themselves within a minute or two. Weird if you ask me, but that does seem to happen most often when it's happening to me. I think I want the Z10 anyway...

10-08-13 10:15 PM
    It shouldn't be. For reference, it's not supposed to happen.
    But I have had Yahoo disconnect once or twice over 5 months.
    10-08-13 11:03 PM
    It's not a Q10 problem. My Z does the same thing. It seems as though it has to do with the sync intervals. Change it to over ten mins and you'll be fine.

As for switching to the Z, honestly if you care about speed and efficiency I would tell you to keep the Q or try out the Z first before you buy. Compared to my old 9700, using the calendar sucks, finding contacts sucks, dialing on the fly sucks, the keyboard albeit the best keyboard in the touch market still sucks. And the battery life sucks (although some will tell you their Z10 lasts fourteen days on one charge but mine will only last 8 hours of moderate use even less if high use).

Don't get me wrong it's still a great phone
    The screen size is perfect, the phone is light years ahead of the competition in terms of the UX, flow and the hub. But the 9700 was so good at getting stuff done that it makes this phone feel like crap. There are a ton of things that drive me insane. For example, I'm always pocket dialing people, accidentally clicking on call notes, accidentally calling folks when recently getting off a call, etc.

Again I love BlackBerry and I'm anxiously awaiting for 10.2 MR and beyond hoping they turn the Z into a power users wet dream. But in the meantime I'm suffering lol. If I could put OS 10 on my old 9700 I'd still be rocking that puppy. I'm still hopeful they bring back the track pad on the next Q line and I'm getting one for sure. Otherwise I might have to go to the Q to try that. The Z10 is nice but it leaves a lot to be desired on the productivity side.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 11:53 PM
    My yahoo has been disconnecting lately.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 12:23 AM
    I can say, my Z10 does not like going in and out of elevators everyday..

2 out of 3 trips I need to go into airplane mode and back just to get my services.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 08:08 AM
    @thewzard,

I'm with GoDaddy and came across your post.

As @CrackedRosco stated, it may be an issue with the device switching from Wi-Fi and Cellular connections, especially as it's happening with more than one email service.

However I would like to make sure you are using the correct email settings. Feel free to reply or private message me with the settings you are using.
    10-09-13 04:25 PM
    Have the same problem on my Q10. Running 10.1.0.2030. Happens maybe once or twice a month. Seven e-mail accounts, only happens on my imap or pop accounts. They all don't go at once or anything, but I do have about one or two per month. Does not happen on my exchange account. An annoyance to be sure, but I can type a password.
    10-09-13 05:46 PM
    @thewzard,

I'm with GoDaddy and came across your post.

As @CrackedRosco stated, it may be an issue with the device switching from Wi-Fi and Cellular connections, especially as it's happening with more than one email service.

However I would like to make sure you are using the correct email settings. Feel free to reply or private message me with the settings you are using.
    So after going all the way to BlackBerry Tier 2 support I was instructed for email accounts like mine which are Gmail and Yahoo, to use the normal add accounts setup. I was instructed to absolutely not used the advanced setup. We went to some test website, blackberry.com/eatvs or something like that where you enter your email address and then go through a validation process to determine if it's the email or BlackBerry issue. It was inconclusive. Basically, I was given an incident number and a way to go through the HELP settings on the phone and send the log files referencing the incident next time it disconnects. Go figure, hasn't disconnected since...

rdcanuck likes this.
    10-09-13 05:50 PM
    It happens to me every now and then. Quite annoying.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 07:18 PM
    So after going all the way to BlackBerry Tier 2 support I was instructed for email accounts like mine which are Gmail and Yahoo, to use the normal add accounts setup. I was instructed to absolutely not used the advanced setup. We went to some test website, blackberry.com/eatvs or something like that where you enter your email address and then go through a validation process to determine if it's the email or BlackBerry issue. It was inconclusive. Basically, I was given an incident number and a way to go through the HELP settings on the phone and send the log files referencing the incident next time it disconnects. Go figure, hasn't disconnected since...

I was having the same issue with Gmail on my Z10 rarely. It happened twice in the past month including today and only since I we installed 10.2.

I did a delete and re-add of my Gmail account and I notice that now I don't have to generate a application specific password for 2 factor authentication. The Gmail wizard supports it natively on the Z10 so I suspect that this will correct the problem.
    Thanks for sharing the info!

Posted via CB10 via Z10
    10-10-13 01:37 PM
    It happens to me at work where I have little to no reception. I turn on the Wi-fi calling for that reason but since it also is spotty to non existent it will bounce from cellular to Wi-fi looking for a signal and eventually disconnecting my accounts...only happens at work...a little annoying but i usually get any texts or emails after I leave the building for lunch or something or go out to the hall and establish a connection for a few minutes.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 02:35 PM
    I had same exact problem on my 10.1 Z10, but on 10.2 i don't see any email accounts disconnecting.
    Now Facebook keeps getting disconnected all the time. I read it somewhere that it has something to do with changing your "internet source", like when you changing from wifi to GSM, or to another wifi.
    10-11-13 02:10 PM
    Same here with yahoo email connecting issues. Was working today and this evening disconnected. Now telling me my password or id is incorrect and I know it is correct because I am still connected to yahoo IM. Seems like a yahoo issue with BB10

Posted via CB10
    Earl Sargent likes this.
    10-29-13 10:50 PM
    I've got a Q10 and love it EXCEPT my email accounts constantly disconnect and I have to go in an re-enter the passwords. I have 2 yahoo's and a Gmail. It's a daily occurrence. Was wondering if anybody has this issue on their Z10 because if not I will swap to a Z10...

I did have this problem on my Z10 with both yahoo and Gmail but primarily with yahoo. It recently stopped after I changed my yahoo password and is working Ok again

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 02:08 PM