Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Real and Warranted Responses

30 34.88%
  • Real and Unwarranted Responses

15 17.44%
  • Fake

41 47.67%
    Obviously we have all read the supposed emails from Alec Saunders today. I would like to take this moment to get some actual numbers on how the community feels about it. Please vote on this pole. This is not for discussion directly surrounding the event. For direct discussion please use the main thread. This is really about our personal opinions of him based on the character we have seen - combined with the contents of the emails. Does it jive?
    10-08-13 02:51 PM
    Having met Alec in person, I'm positive this is fake. It's just not his style.
    10-08-13 03:04 PM
    As of now, I don't know what to think of the email's themselves. It is fishy that BGR was CCed in them, and it is just poor journalism entirely. (Saying that he handles big name apps, are you not supposed to research a bit before you write something like this?)
    Now to Alec's response - I personally, would've said much more than he did. But we aren't talking about me, it was a bit unprofessional, and it could have been handled a bit better. (If it turns out to be true.)
    I, however, know Alec is truly a nice guy and I couldn't see him doing this type of thing.

What we don't know if this was the first time this message was sent, or one of many?
    This article is sloppy, and if I was going to accept it as a real "scandal", I would need way more proof than what BGR showed.
    I guess you can expect it from them, though...
    10-08-13 03:05 PM
    I can't vote in this poll because I have no Earthly idea what you are talking about.

A link for those of us not up on this one...?
    10-08-13 03:19 PM
    I can't vote in this poll because I have no Earthly idea what you are talking about.

A link for those of us not up on this one...?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...alysts-858403/

On the trending now list.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    10-08-13 03:21 PM
    Got it. Thanks! Didn't see it there as I almost always have that thing collapsed.
    10-08-13 03:35 PM
    I'm on my Z10.
    What are the poll choices?
    10-08-13 08:12 PM
    I'm on my Z10.
    What are the poll choices?
    Real and Warranted Responses - 8 Votes - 29.63%
    Real and Unwarranted Responses - 6 Votes - 22.22%
    Fake - 13 Votes - 48.15%
    pmccartney and jafrul like this.
    10-08-13 08:14 PM
    I don't see a problem??

Also, how do I see the poll?
    10-08-13 08:27 PM
    I don't see a problem??

Also, how do I see the poll?
    You'll need to sign in to CB via the browser.
    10-08-13 08:33 PM
    As of right now its looking like most of us believe the emails are fake
    10-08-13 08:52 PM
    Having met Alec in person, I'm positive this is fake. It's just not his style.
    You say this with such confidence it makes me think that perhaps you are right - but - and I do not know Alec at ALL, this seems perfectly in-line with my perception of that group....juvenile, and over-their-heads. Fake or not, that is telling - I see Alec spewing out the same insulting spin he's been doing the entire time - a misread and misfire in my opinion....other than a tiny fraction of CB, that kind of spin is simply seen as an insult and a shot to one's own credibility at this point. Clewley's shot at somebody who was trying to be helpful (and who was correct), and subsequent failure to acknowledge that and/or apologize.......the vapid music videos (yeah...a joke...but a stupid one....20 second clip....ok, waste of resources, but sure...as a one off......two entire vids? Ugh)....it gives me the impression of overgrown nerds who have yet to gain the perspective, maturity, and taste necessary for their positions. Being an overgrown nerd isn't bad...I am myself proudly one - to some degree, but it is NOT necessarily a good trait for their positions, and if not carefully managed it is prone, to go off on wild tangents - is this why BB management has sometime. s gone so very wrong? Don't know.

As to the validity of the emails? Unknown. The response? COMPLETELY INAPPROPRIATE - those who don't see that....well....you shouldn't be in a position of authority at BB either. Put it this way, going to twitter, email to an untrusted source, or otherwise say something you wouldn't want BGR publishing? Don't do it. That isn't rocket science.

That is the most disturbing part about the CB response...there is no way for any of us to be sure (well completely) whether it's fake or not....but those who say there was no problem with the response, or even that it was good/commendable? I don't think your judgment on the matter is good.
    10-08-13 08:54 PM
    What kinda polling are you looking for? SMH
    Alec was a gentleman IMO. Lol!

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 08:56 PM
    You say this with such confidence it makes me think that perhaps you are right - but - and I do not know Alec at ALL, this seems perfectly in-line with my perception of that group....juvenile, and over-their-heads. Fake or not, that is telling - I see Alec spewing out the same insulting spin he's been doing the entire time - a misread and misfire in my opinion....other than a tiny fraction of CB, that kind of spin is simply seen as an insult and a shot to one's own credibility at this point. Clewley's shot at somebody who was trying to be helpful (and who was correct), and subsequent failure to acknowledge that and/or apologize.......the vapid music videos (yeah...a joke...but a stupid one....20 second clip....ok, waste of resources, but sure...as a one off......two entire vids? Ugh)....it gives me the impression of overgrown nerds who have yet to gain the perspective, maturity, and taste necessary for their positions. Being an overgrown nerd isn't bad...I am myself proudly one - to some degree, but it is NOT necessarily a good trait for their positions, and if not carefully managed it is prone, to go off on wild tangents - is this why BB management has sometime. s gone so very wrong? Don't know.

As to the validity of the emails? Unknown. The response? COMPLETELY INAPPROPRIATE - those who don't see that....well....you shouldn't be in a position of authority at BB either. Put it this way, going to twitter, email to an untrusted source, or otherwise say something you wouldn't want BGR publishing? Don't do it. That isn't rocket science.
    So many words...for the record I think his reply was more than appropriate and refreshing.
    10-08-13 09:03 PM
    Seems like more crapola to me .

Posted via CB10
    richardat likes this.
    10-08-13 09:04 PM
    even if the emails were real - this is exactly the kind of behavior we need to encourage in our executives! It's about time someone in a position of authority 'grew a pair' and told it like it is. No more political posturing or politically correct B.S. I'm tired of being spoken down to/lied to or treated like a moron. Give me the truth and do it in 60 seconds or less
    dbiv5445 likes this.
    10-08-13 09:09 PM
    I've has a lot of long talks and support from Alec,

And I'm a nobody in the blackberry world.

I haven't read the posts - but I hold him with high esteem. If he wrote a nasty email or two, I'd be likely to stand behind it just based on it being him .

Not to mention most of that article is wrong. Alec isn't hired to round up major development houses, he is supposed to be engaging the indie home brew developer. He did a beautiful job of this (port a thons, LEs, dev a/b/c's). We would be missing tens of thousands of decent developers on bb10 without him.

Also, the punctuation and grammer is something terrible. Alec is immaculate in his email and twitter quality, especially at work. This is clearly fake.

Viva La Alec

Posted via CB from my LE
    10-08-13 09:18 PM
    Obviously we have all read the supposed emails from Alec Saunders today. I would like to take this moment to get some actual numbers on how the community feels about it. Please vote on this pole. This is not for discussion directly surrounding the event. For direct discussion please use the main thread. This is really about our personal opinions of him based on the character we have seen - combined with the contents of the emails. Does it jive?
    What emails??
    10-08-13 09:38 PM

That is the most disturbing part about the CB response...there is no way for any of us to be sure (well completely) whether it's fake or not....but those who say there was no problem with the response, or even that it was good/commendable? I don't think your judgment on the matter is good.
    Whether the reply is fake or not, that's bad form and totally uncalled for.
    richardat likes this.
    10-08-13 09:43 PM
    What kinda polling are you looking for? SMH
    Alec was a gentleman IMO. Lol!

Posted via CB10
    What kind of polling am I looking for? Well the original post says, "This is really about our personal opinions of him based on the character we have seen - combined with the contents of the emails. "

Does that answer the question?
    10-08-13 10:02 PM
    What kind of polling am I looking for? Well the original post says, "This is really about our personal opinions of him based on the character we have seen - combined with the contents of the emails. "

Does that answer the question?
    That's the problem with this entire thread. As we don't know whether the e-mails are real or fake, it's blowing something up that needn't be. Best to find out the truth first before accusing a person.
    10-08-13 10:14 PM
    I think there might be some confusion about what Alec actually wrote. The emails with the bad grammar were from someone else. Alec just responded that the parasite troll spammer should F-Off and take him off the mailing list. If someone is offended by Alec's response than they are way too sensitive to be living on planet Earth.

Posted via CB10
    RazrRob likes this.
    10-08-13 10:14 PM
    That's the problem with this entire thread. As we don't know whether the e-mails are real or fake, it's blowing something up that needn't be. Best to find out the truth first before accusing a person.
    This poll is purely speculation based on what we think of him. Its not scientific at all and I'm not claiming it to be. I just want to know what most people think of the guy . Most aren't "accusing" as you state, that is why users have the option to choose "fake".
    Mister-E likes this.
    10-08-13 10:23 PM
    This poll is purely speculation based on what we think of him. Its not scientific at all and I'm not claiming it to be. I just want to know what most people think of the guy . Most aren't "accusing" as you state, that is why users have the option to choose "fake".
    You have been an active member of CB for quite a while now. Tell me you don't already have a pretty good idea what most people think of the guy, here on CB.
    10-08-13 10:30 PM
    He was being CCed as part of a spam email list.

Trash talking to trash. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Heck, it's like one of those telemarketer phone calls where you just want to scream S T F U!!! and then hang up.
    10-08-13 10:38 PM
37 12