And now in one of the biggest about faces I've encountered: turns out that BBY has decided to cut corners and eliminate their hallmark push email function from the OS of BBY10...so, now emails are delayed extensively from being delivered from the many IMAP email providers that don't support push (such as GoDaddy)...sometimes 5-15+ minutes.

This takes the cake...talk about abandoning/disenfranchising your core/roots -- push email has been one of BBY's central attributes and advantages since inception. What a product impairment.
    rai187 likes this.
    10-08-13 09:54 AM
    If you were on BIS there always was a delay getting mail, though once mail started arriving it would get pushed immediately. With Bis it would check every fifteen or twenty minutes until it found mail to send to your phone then it would keep checking at short intervals until there was no new mail to push to your phone.

If you are on a service that does not offer active sync, you might want to look at moving your email to another service. I had my own domain serviced by a private provider which closed shop last month. It was relatively easy to move these email account to outlook.com and retain the domain. You might want to look into this as outlook.com works very well with the OS10 phones.

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/o...crosoftaccount
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    10-08-13 10:04 AM
    I dont think thats entirely true about bis. Ive had bis thru bell for 5yrs and i can assure you if someone sent me an email standing next to me i got it on my phone within 5secs everytime. But that said you can adjust how often the bb10 checks down to 5min and even refresh manually if you need to. Its not the end of the world

Posted via Blackberry Q10
    10-08-13 10:08 AM
    try more time reading...less time spewing and maybe you will be able to keep up. try getting an iphone. it takes 15 minutes to get gmail.... GMAIL! what are the other "many" IMAP providers that don't support push?

And now in one of the biggest about faces I've encountered: turns out that BBY has decided to cut corners and eliminate their hallmark push email function from the OS of BBY10...so, now emails are delayed extensively from being delivered from the many IMAP email providers that don't support push (such as GoDaddy)...sometimes 5-15+ minutes.

This takes the cake...talk about abandoning/disenfranchising your core/roots -- push email has been one of BBY's central attributes and advantages since inception. What a product impairment.
    tempered likes this.
    10-08-13 10:10 AM
    I dont think thats entirely true about bis. Ive had bis thru bell for 5yrs and i can assure you if someone sent me an email standing next to me i got it on my phone within 5secs everytime. But that said you can adjust how often the bb10 checks down to 5min and even refresh manually if you need to. Its not the end of the world

Posted via Blackberry Q10
    Was the email sent to a third party email account or to the bis email account Bell provided? If it was the BIS email, it would be instant because the BlackBerry server does not have to poll the third party account. It worked more like BES, ie, where the email account/server is on the same network as the BlackBerry server.
    10-08-13 10:12 AM
    It's BBY themselves that told me that: (1) they made a change to not support push with BB10 devices; (2) push was a previous feature of BIS and and they dropped it with BB10; (3) that's why emails were delivered so quickly with previous BBY devices and are now delayed using BB10 devices; and (4) IMAP providers like GoDaddy, do not support push, which has been subsequently confirmed by GoDaddy.
    10-08-13 10:23 AM
    have you been living under a rock? old news. again, what other providers (of the many) do not support push?

It's BBY themselves that told me that: (1) they made a change to not support push with BB10 devices; (2) push was a previous feature of BIS and and they dropped it with BB10; (3) that's why emails were delivered so quickly with previous BBY devices and are now delayed using BB10 devices; and (4) IMAP providers like GoDaddy, do not support push, which has been subsequently confirmed by GoDaddy.
    rthonpm, Barljo and tempered like this.
    10-08-13 10:35 AM
    How did it take you this long to notice? [rhetorical]

Before you claimed you received hundreds of emails a day, and you were a power user, and blackberries core customer. Now you're saying you didn't notice a feature (that as you say is a core feature) was eliminated MONTHS after you've had the phone? hrm.
    10-08-13 10:51 AM
    Don't know whats wrong with your phone, but since I've switched to the Q10, push mail works much better than it did back with my Bold 9900 and BIS.
    As of now I've never had a single mail missed or delayed in any ways.

My accounts are 2x webhosted, 1x Outlook.com and 1x Yahoo (prv. Nokia Mail)

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    10-08-13 10:53 AM
    How did it take you this long to notice? [rhetorical]

Before you claimed you received hundreds of emails a day, and you were a power user, and blackberries core customer. Now you're saying you didn't notice a feature (that as you say is a core feature) was eliminated MONTHS after you've had the phone? hrm.
    I noticed in stages. I first noticed right away that my emails didn't seem to be delivered as responsively, but never understood what was actually occurring. To confound matters, I have many email accounts: some ore with GoDaddy, some are with Gmail, and some are with other providers, so over the course of a day and hundreds of emails, it's difficult to pinpoint a delay as it relates to individual emails or accounts (as Gmail does support push and those are being received promptly -- but certain central email accounts of mine are with GoDaddy).

Separately, I've been trying to identify ways to minimize the data usage drain which is so burdensome on the device and my account, so after extensive calls with both AT&T and Blackberry, a Blackberry Tier 2 tech support representative inquired about my email settings and I said that I had had set the emails to check with the servers every 5 minutes. He said that was part of my data usage problem because previous Blackberries didn't have to go check the servers for emails, emails were pushed to the device. He went on to say that they made a change in this OS to require the opposite, and that frequent regular checks by the device across multiple accounts would translate into high data usage (in addition to still experiencing delayed email receipt).

So there you have it. Probably one of the most glaring examples of abandoning one of the company's hallmark attributes.
    10-08-13 11:04 AM
    have you been living under a rock? old news. again, what other providers (of the many) do not support push?
    I don't have a list of providers that do and don't support push. GoDaddy is one of the largest in the country, so that's pretty major.
    10-08-13 11:05 AM
    I do miss the push email feature from my 9900 and older legacy devices but the Q10 performs so much better at everything else that i'm missing it less and less the more I use it. Emails still get to my Q10 very quickly just not as instant as they were on the 9900 sometimes.
    10-08-13 11:12 AM

Please sell your BlackBerry and go to an iPhone or Android phone so that those folks can hear you complain. BBRY has said from the beginning with OS10 that they're going a different direction, where you not paying attention?? Is that our fault? NO! If you don't like the direction they are going in sell your device or trade it in for an iPhone, Apple or Windows device...unless you want to go back to the old blackberry technology. Or live and love what you have!
    10-08-13 11:16 AM
    How did I know this thread would be started by SoxFan before I opened it?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 11:18 AM
    you are the first person i have ever heard of that uses godaddy. i use yahoo, aol and gmail...and get my ermail on my phone before if i get it on my pc. sounds like a problem with godaddy.

I don't have a list of providers that do and don't support push. GoDaddy is one of the largest in the country, so that's pretty major.
    AngryEdmontonian and tempered like this.
    10-08-13 11:18 AM
    What's this then?

No push mail is creating Extensive Delays to Recieve Emails for me-img_00000010.png

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 11:21 AM
    Again with the inflammatory titles. You don't learn, do you?

Would it have been so hard to post "Why did BlackBerry change push email on BB10" instead? For that matter, what do you expect us to do about this? We don't make the decisions, BlackBerry does. Go engage them on Twitter if you want to call them out publicly.

One of these days I'll just go Alec Saunders on you.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    10-08-13 11:22 AM
    Push or not but I'm getting email pretty much instantaneously, at most it's 2 minutes. I'm often getting emails quicker than I do on my laptop. We ran emails tests just recently and nothing seems to be amiss.
    10-08-13 11:24 AM
    All of you on this thread, just ignore SoxFan. He seems to create at least three threads a day nearly identical in nature to this one, just so he can vent and rage at BlackBerry and BB10 users and to create firestorm arguments.

Posted via CB10
    knownastron and tempered like this.
    10-08-13 11:24 AM
    GoDaddy is the biggest piece of garbage domain registrar/email service provider that I have ever encountered. They can't even get DNS right...

And I agree with BravoZuluDelta, stop posting with inflammatory titles. Go cry wolf elsewhere if you're looking to make a scene rather than an appropriate discussion.
    BerryWizard and tempered like this.
    10-08-13 11:25 AM
    http://www.sent.com/?STKI=11515337

sent.com works fantastic for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 11:28 AM
    I noticed in stages. I first noticed right away that my emails didn't seem to be delivered as responsively, but never understood what was actually occurring. To confound matters, I have many email accounts: some ore with GoDaddy, some are with Gmail, and some are with other providers, so over the course of a day and hundreds of emails, it's difficult to pinpoint a delay as it relates to individual emails or accounts (as Gmail does support push and those are being received promptly -- but certain central email accounts of mine are with GoDaddy).

Separately, I've been trying to identify ways to minimize the data usage drain which is so burdensome on the device and my account, so after extensive calls with both AT&T and Blackberry, a Blackberry Tier 2 tech support representative inquired about my email settings and I said that I had had set the emails to check with the servers every 5 minutes. He said that was part of my data usage problem because previous Blackberries didn't have to go check the servers for emails, emails were pushed to the device. He went on to say that they made a change in this OS to require the opposite, and that frequent regular checks by the device across multiple accounts would translate into high data usage (in addition to still experiencing delayed email receipt).

So there you have it. Probably one of the most glaring examples of abandoning one of the company's hallmark attributes.
    How nice it must be to live in a fantasy world. Where you can consider something a core feature, but not notice it's missing for months on end.

Also, notice you never replied to my comment on http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...61/index5.html

You start thread after thread after thread, "discovering" new issues every few days, but refuse to adapt or change. We aren't psychologists, we can't help you.
    knownastron likes this.
    10-08-13 11:29 AM
    All of my email accounts on BB10 are received much quicker than on legacy bbos with bis.
    tempered likes this.
    10-08-13 11:38 AM
    All of my email accounts on BB10 are received much quicker than on legacy bbos with bis.
    Ditto.
    Including with my non-push POP account.
    waterfrontmgmt likes this.
    10-08-13 11:52 AM
    i personally did had some issues in the starting, but with some changes in advance setting now i am having not more than 1 min delay with my gmail,yahoo accounts.
    Still i say bb has an advantage over other phones.
    tempered likes this.
    10-08-13 12:58 PM
225 123 ...