So after filling out the complaint form on the Rogers website using contact me link and leaving a message for a manager I actually got a phone call!

I explained my disappointment in their decision not to carry the Z30 and explained they were literally blocking my Rogers upgrade path leaving me with the choices of not getting a Z30, buying an unlocked Z30 or switching carriers.

I have been with Rogers for 26 years, Have 7 devices on my account, 5 of which are Blackberry 10 phones ( 4 Z10”s and 1 Q10)

I also explained that for a Canadian carrier not to support Blackberry at a time when they need carrier support the most was also an issue with me.

She listened to everything I said and told me they are responding to all customers who have sent in a complaint in regards to the Z30 and although she couldn’t promise anything she wanted to reassure me they are listening.

If you want a Rogers Z30…leave a message for a manager on the Rogers contact page under complaints and then manager.
    Last edited by Coach101; 10-07-13 at 07:53 PM.
    10-07-13 07:28 PM
    Awesome work. Your arguments were both logical and patriotic.

Tapped out on Halle (Black)Berry aka Z10 running 10.2.0.1443
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    10-07-13 07:46 PM
    I will do this, too. Thanks for sharing this.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 09:32 PM
    I actually hope they decide not to carry it, forcing BlackBerry to sell them unlocked through the interweb. I know that it is selfish for me to want this as some people can't afford it out right and would be able to get it for cheaper through a contact renewal with Rogers, but sometimes you just got to look out for number one. Dats me.
    wojciechp likes this.
    10-07-13 09:44 PM
    I just posted a complaint on rogers Facebook page (like it)

BlackBerry for LIFE
    10-07-13 10:08 PM
    This is a very good post, good to see Rogers is actually listening. Thank you OP for not bashing Rogers, respectable.

Posted via that z10!
    10-07-13 10:10 PM
    I just posted a complaint on rogers Facebook page (like it)

BlackBerry for LIFE
    There are dozens of complaints on their facebook page
    10-07-13 11:12 PM
    OP took the right path. Contacting them directly.

Nice work OP. Your 26 year history and extensive account has got to count for something with them.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 07:12 AM
    I actually hope they decide not to carry it, forcing BlackBerry to sell them unlocked through the interweb. I know that it is selfish for me to want this as some people can't afford it out right and would be able to get it for cheaper through a contact renewal with Rogers, but sometimes you just got to look out for number one. Dats me.
    It is indeed selfish. Carriers can be a weight or an asset for a company lime BlackBerry, since they actually advertise their products. A second layer of advertising, considering a thin first one, is always welcome. Though I admit it complicates the distribution a bit.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 07:22 AM
    Got this response back from <[email protected]> today. Looks like their decision is set in stone. Unfortunately for Rogers, so is mine.

Thank you for contacting us. My name is Maude from the Rogers Management
    Office. We are very sorry that you wanted to upgrade for the Blackberry
    Z30 and that it will unfortunately not be part of the Rogers lineup.
    BlackBerry recently announced which Canadian carriers would be adding
    the new Z30 to their lineups. Some media reports have suggested that
    Rogers decision not to carry the device represents a change in our
    relationship with BlackBerry. That’s simply not the case.

We have a longstanding relationship with BlackBerry and continue to be
    big supporters of the company and their products. The device
    manufacturers we work with bring a number of devices to market every
    year. We pick devices to carry based on the needs of our customers and
    the decision not to carry this model was made several months ago.

We believe we can meet our customers’ demands for a BlackBerry device
    with our current line-up of the Z10, Q10 and Q5. This is the way we’ve
    always done it. In the past for example, we didn’t sell the BlackBerry
    Storm, or the 9300.

We remain committed to BlackBerry and look forward to continuing to work
    closely together.
    We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this situation may cause
    you. We value you as our customer and we look forward to finding a
    device that will suit your needs.

Take care and have a great day,

Maude
    Rogers Management Office
    10-08-13 02:59 PM
    Hmm.. from their view it seems a market driven decision, since it seems their customers are not asking or buying BB10 devices enough for them to have another full touch phone in their asset.

Still, they could at least put Z30 for sale on their website with a centralised warehouse. Not that much of a problem, if they already support BlackBerry servers.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 03:18 PM
    Here is my response:

Hi Maude,

Thank you for the reply. I find the Storm 9500 an unfortunate comparison, since at that time the GSM version of the Storm was only capable of EDGE data speed rather than HSDPA, did not have WiFi, and generally did not have a place in Rogers' lineup. Hence the lack of outrage from Rogers customers (myself included) for not having the availability of that particular model.

The Curve 9300 on the other hand, if I remember correctly, Rogers did in fact carry. As a matter of fact, OS 6.0 is still available for download for Rogers 9300's.

In any event, as opposed to the models you mentioned, at its launch time the Z30 stands to be the best phone Blackberry has ever created, ironically arriving just at a time where the company's future remains in serious question. It appears that regardless if Blackberry stays public or goes private, the success or failure of the Z30 will be pivotal in the company's fate.

The optics of the decision for Rogers not to carry the Z30 remains to appear to be politically motivated, whether this fact is true or not, and do not paint Rogers in a good light.

My next phone will be a Z30. My options will be to either purchase one outright from Blackberry (if available) and stay on Rogers, or entertain offers from Bell and Telus. If Rogers stands behind the decision to not even offer it even as a special order, direct ship, I will likely see what the competitors have to offer.

Thanks.
    AngryEdmontonian likes this.
    10-08-13 03:32 PM
    I will have to get one from bell at best buy I guess,how does one get that phone unlocked to use on rogers network. U have 3 upgrades done this year, so canceling my contacts are not an option. I will have to buy one outright. Any one know the best option. Haven't heard anything from BlackBerry about straight purchases
    10-08-13 03:56 PM
    I also called rogers directly the day it was announced that they were not carrying it. At that point the retention rep was actually surprised they were not going to carry the z30, it ended up getting to the point of me being one sentence away from cancelling my account, he did offer me a $10 discount off my bill for 2 years if i decide to buy it unlocked and stay with rogers though.. Better than nothing i guess considering it would be $310 to cancel whats left of my contract, and comparing plans between bell telus and koodo, my bill would actually go up alot just to get 1GB of data (not enough for me, i like my 6Gb)
    10-09-13 12:25 PM
    I got this email from Rogers after used the same form to complain

Thank you for your email.
    BlackBerry recently announced which Canadian carriers would be adding
    the new Z30 to their lineups. Some media reports have suggested that
    Rogers decision not to carry the device represents a change in our
    relationship with BlackBerry. That?s simply not the case.

We have a longstanding relationship with BlackBerry and continue to be
    big supporters of the company and their products. The device
    manufacturers we work with bring a number of devices to market every
    year. We pick devices to carry based on the needs of our customers and
    the decision not to carry this model was made several months ago.

We believe we can meet our customers? demands for a BlackBerry device
    with our current line-up of the Z10, Q10 and Q5. This is the way we?ve
    always done it. In the past for example, we didn?t sell the BlackBerry
    Storm, or the 9300.

We remain committed to BlackBerry and look forward to continuing to work
    closely together
    Thank you,

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 12:56 PM