Switching to my first Blackberry, a 8820, 4 years ago, then a 9700 white, now I am using a Q10. I found the keyboard was incredible, and the OS sophisticated as always; still feeling kind of missing something. For me what makes Blackberry stand out could be:

1. Its keyboard
    2. The rolling-ball on the Curves/Pearls and track-pad on the Bolds, which makes using a Blackberry with just one hand, no matter the size of the phone, just extremely handy, speedy and marvelous that NO OTHER smart phones in the market at the moment could compete
    3. A sophisticated OS
    4. Last but not least, its high-end security

Considering no.1&2 above, I am feeling sad that Blackberry is on the verge of losing it originality.
    10-06-13 09:58 AM
    Switching to my first Blackberry, a 8820, 4 years ago, then a 9700 white, now I am using a Q10. I found the keyboard was incredible, and the OS sophisticated as always; still feeling kind of missing something. For me what makes Blackberry stand out could be:

1. Its keyboard
    2. The rolling-ball on the Curves/Pearls and track-pad on the Bolds, which makes using a Blackberry with just one hand, no matter the size of the phone, just extremely handy, speedy and marvelous that NO OTHER smart phones in the market at the moment could compete
    3. A sophisticated OS

Considering no.1&2 above, I am feeling sad that Blackberry is on the verge of losing it originality.
    It's an evolution, I think. If BlackBerry has a chance for a next round of devices, you will see the development towards maturity. Same as the OS.

You really cannot compare a mature OS with a mature line to a brand new OS and a brand new line. It's not a logical comparison.

And trust me, I'm far from being an apologist. I just see BB10 as an evolution at a very precarious moment. I would have preferred to have seen it earlier, without crisis mode.
    kbz1960 and anon(5624621) like this.
    10-06-13 10:07 AM
    I don't know if it's me or if it's once again, just another indecipherable title but I don't get the question.
    10-06-13 10:14 AM
    I don't know if it's me or if it's once again, just another indecipherable title but I don't get the question.
    Agreed... It could have been worded better.
    But to answer my interpretation of the question as "What do I miss most about BlackBerry", I say: my BBM contacts
    10-06-13 10:22 AM
    BB10 is meh.
    10-06-13 10:26 AM
    It's an evolution, I think. If BlackBerry has a chance for a next round of devices, you will see the development towards maturity. Same as the OS.

You really cannot compare a mature OS with a mature line to a brand new OS and a brand new line. It's not a logical comparison.

And trust me, I'm far from being an apologist. I just see BB10 as an evolution at a very precarious moment. I would have preferred to have seen it earlier, without crisis mode.
    I'm really hoping we do get the chance to see it mature!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 11:23 AM
    Yeah, it could have been worded better. Sorry about that. My question should be "As a BB10 user, what do you miss most about Blackberry, i.e. the BB10 predecessors, e.g. Bolds, Curves,...?".

I agree that it's a evolution. And the kind of gestures on the BB10 is just amazing. However, for me, there's 2 things that Blackberry should never take away:

1. The physical keyboard. Yet, a combination of touch-screen and physical keyboard like on the 9900, Q5, Q10 is recommended. I don't think Z10, Z30 or any touch-screen-only make Blackberry stand out from others.

2. The track-pack. Just imagine what you could do on your Blackberry with just one hand. Almost anything! It's the most handy feature that no other smart-phones could offer.
    junior2you likes this.
    10-06-13 10:35 PM

1. Its keyboard
    3. A sophisticated OS

I miss data compression. I miss not being embarrassed to ask someone if they have BBM.

PS not all Bolds had track pads
    tinbilly likes this.
    10-06-13 10:41 PM
    For me, the legacy devices were simple and intuitive. Not so, the BB10.
    tinbilly likes this.
    10-06-13 10:51 PM
    On my 9700, when replying to a SMS I can add more contacts to the recipient list. On BB10, I cannot.
    10-07-13 03:21 AM