Just to let you know one thing we have that goes unnoticed but today save my party. My friends and I got together to watch college football we are Muzzu (University of Missouri) fans and was planing to see the game but our cable provider here in Puerto Rico decided to remove ESPN3 from it's channel offering. Just when everyone was about to leave to watch it on a bar I took my Z10 connected it via HDMI browsed to WatchEspn online and the tailback patty started. Belive me all the IPhones and android at the party ended up deep in their owners pockets

Posted from the best mobile device Z10 10.2.0.1443
    10-05-13 07:48 PM
    Very cool
    10-05-13 07:50 PM
    Haha. That's awesome.
    10-05-13 08:16 PM
    Awesome. I'm so glad the feature has shown it's benefits on a practical level

Unlike the gimmicky Samsung features

"Hey you look away while we pause your video"

Posted with my Z10
    10-05-13 08:29 PM
    SWEEET! How awesome is that! QNX-BB10 Rules...hands down, and way to save the day...i mean GAME! lol

White STL100-4 OS10.2.0.1761
    10-05-13 08:36 PM
    This feature has saved me a couple of times in similar situations (my sister and I inherited a cottage last year and we can't justify paying for cable, but my husband really needs live sports, and connecting the Z to the television totally works) . Good for you!

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 08:37 PM
    And bb10 saves the day!! Lol awesome
    10-05-13 08:40 PM
    Hdmi feature has been so invaluable for when we travel. One of the main reasons why I bought my phone.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    10-05-13 10:26 PM
    So true. That would make a great commercial. I had a similar experience a few weeks ago. I was at my Mom's Memorial and my brother had his computer hooked up to a big screen. He was just about to play a video he produced about my Mom's life on youtube. For some reason, the computer froze and he could not restart it. We had 50 people waiting to watch. Before he panicked, I got my hmdi cord out of my briefcase and had the video on the screen in under one minute. The Z10 worked perfectly. After the Memorial, everyone wanted to check my Z10 out.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 11:41 AM
    Hdmi wire and dlna have saved me a few times.! Well done OP

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    10-06-13 11:54 AM
    Nice feature for sure and the Z10 does it well.

What I don't get is why you think it is unique to BB10 or the Z10? Several Android phones have this and the iPhone has it with a cable. A mini or micro hdmi cable is not common, no more than an iPhone hdmi connector. You also have chromecast and airplay with an Android or iPhone, both of which I use often. Lastly, DLNA works on most Android phones.

Glad you like the feature, but not sure why everyone thinks it is unique.
    spacemanspork likes this.
    10-06-13 12:01 PM

What I don't get is why you think it is unique to BB10 or the Z10? Several Android phones have this and the iPhone has it with a cable. A mini or micro hdmi cable is not common, no more than an iPhone hdmi connector. You also have chromecast and airplay with an Android or iPhone, both of which I use often. Lastly, DLNA works on most Android phones.

So may people don't know half the features on their phones. It surprises me all the time.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 12:18 PM

But in that moment no one knew, so BlackBerry emerged as the hero. Glad other phones have it and glad you know how to use it

10-06-13 08:05 PM

I realize the Samsung has dlna but after 10 minutes if trying to get a song from the s4 to play on my home theatre my buddy gave up. BlackBerry has done a great job of putting that feature front and center. Much easier to use from what i saw

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    10-07-13 07:18 AM

It's not a unique features but the z10 worked well with this feature. And it only shows how reliable the Z10 when it comes to the do or die situations. If iphones and droids have this feature, then why they did not think about it in the first place?

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 08:47 AM
    It's not a unique features but the z10 worked well with this feature. And it only shows how reliable the Z10 when it comes to the do or die situations. If iphones and droids have this feature, then why they did not think about it in the first place?

Posted via CB10
    See the point made above that many people don't know half of what their phone can do. This is why many people bash other platforms while saying their choice is the best. I believe most have never used another platform extensively or recently, and they talk out of ignorance.
    10-09-13 09:12 PM
    It's true I'm the OP and in my home my wife had a GS3 my son (who think he knows everything about iPhone) has a IP5 and they also where leaving to watch the game somewhere else BTW my son hates me loving BlackBerry but respects my Z10 now.

10-09-13 11:57 PM
    While most Android and iPhone guys were searching for an App.. The BlackBerry guy just connected the HDMI and hit play in the Browser! Classic BlackBerry Scene..
    10-10-13 02:25 AM
    While most Android and iPhone guys were searching for an App.. The BlackBerry guy just connected the HDMI and hit play in the Browser! Classic BlackBerry Scene..
    All they need is a cable, same as the BB. Not sure it is classic BB seen. Lmao

What other thing is like this to make it classic?
    10-10-13 09:15 PM
    Yesterday I had a visit at home and we spent all night watching you tube through my Z10 connected to the TV via hdmi, they were entertained and amazed when saw me answering messages, checklist my twitter and Facebook without stopping the you tube videos... felt pretty proud of my phone...

Proudly Z10 owner...
    10-10-13 09:46 PM
    Now if only we had the WatchESPN App to make it even easier. The android version is even written in air.
    10-10-13 11:05 PM
    Not to spoil the party guys, I did that too more than 3X... but I honestly find the "one-touch" mirroring (with my Sony LED TV and Sony Xperia Z tablet) one step ahead of my Z10...

Posted via Z10
    10-10-13 11:13 PM
    Yesterday I had a visit at home and we spent all night watching you tube through my Z10 connected to the TV via hdmi, they were entertained and amazed when saw me answering messages, checklist my twitter and Facebook without stopping the you tube videos... felt pretty proud of my phone...

Proudly Z10 owner...
    Are you implying if connected to a TV via hdmi you are able to perform other functions on your phone screen while your video remains uninterrupted on the TV screen??

Posted from my incredible Z10
    10-10-13 11:18 PM
    Are you implying if connected to a TV via hdmi you are able to perform other functions on your phone screen while your video remains uninterrupted on the TV screen??

Posted from my incredible Z10
    Yes, you can. Enable PLAY-ON - Tap the 3 dots at the lower right. Then you can swipe the video app away while the video plays and check the hub. It is a bit of a confusing feature - try it out. The Playbook has had this feature for quite a while.
    10-10-13 11:48 PM
    Cool but I didn't know ppl had mini HDMI cables at the ready.

Fired from my Z10
    10-10-13 11:57 PM
32 12