I was an early adopter of the Playbook and had high hopes for it but after repeated let downs the Playbook is now collecting dust on my shelf. There are those of you who still like the playbook and that is great but it is not what it was promised to be. Is my Z10 going to find the same fate? Why in the world would good app developers want to make apps for Blackberry now? We were promised apps that never happened, who knows when 10.2 will ever come out. Every time someone jumped ship I held in there telling myself things would get better.... they haven't. And unless there is a miracle... it won't. Is my Z10 going to follow in my Playbook's footsteps? I feel like a sucker and I am angry for falling for it again. Hell I couldn't give my Z10 away so I can buy an Android. Fool me once shame on you Blackberry, fool my twice shame on me.
    10-05-13 12:52 AM
    it actually pains me to say it, but it's likely...
    milo53, richardat, Etios and 11 others like this.
    10-05-13 01:00 AM
    It could be, but the situation is a little bit better now. With the 4.2 JB runtime, a lot more apps can be converted and used in contrast to the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 01:05 AM
    Not at all. Z10 will continue to get more apps and support. After privatization of the company we should see more ads and hopefully cleaner image of the company. Instead of **** news on a daily basis.

Posted via CB10
    millerman999 likes this.
    10-05-13 01:08 AM
    Yea if there was access to the google play store I am sick of side loading ****. If Blackberry dropped app world and somehow licensed the play store I would be a happy boy.
    millerman999 likes this.
    10-05-13 01:10 AM
    Yea if there was access to the google play store I am sick of side loading ****. If Blackberry dropped app world and somehow licensed the play store I would be a happy boy.
    Google would never allow it. And it would cut into BlackBerrys app store profits.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 01:12 AM
    Not at all. Z10 will continue to get more apps and support. After privatization of the company we should see more ads and hopefully cleaner image of the company. Instead of **** news on a daily basis.

Posted via CB10
    You are kidding right? Why would big name app developers come to blackberry when they have just said they would focus more on business not consumers??? If Instagram, Netflix and others haven't done anything up until this point why in the world would they in the future??
    10-05-13 01:12 AM
    That would be so nice..
    But I would prefer us to keep the BlackBerry World and use the Play Store as well ..

Peeking and Flowing on my white Z10 just make me wanna ***..
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-05-13 01:15 AM
    You are kidding right? Why would big name app developers come to blackberry when they have just said they would focus more on business not consumers??? If Instagram, Netflix and others haven't done anything up until this point why in the world would they in the future??
    Well I can't explain that. But I can say why is Flipboard and the biggest social app in China sina weibo coming anyway?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 01:17 AM
    Maybe instagram and netflix are being paid not to develop for blackberry by Apple,Samsung and google.
    IqWaN likes this.
    10-05-13 01:18 AM
    Who the hell is asking for the biggest social app in China?!?!?! You think that means anything over names like Instagram, Netflix and the abundance of other big name apps missing? The day I hear the masses going "yay!! a chinese social network!!!!" is the day I will say you are absolutely right.
    10-05-13 01:20 AM
    Who the hell is asking for the biggest social app in China?!?!?! You think that means anything over names like Instagram, Netflix and the abundance of other big name apps missing? The day I hear the masses going "yay!! a chinese social network!!!!" is the day I will say you are absolutely right.
    .... it's a big deal in China. And is a big name app in the region . I'm out of here, since it's just nonsense.

Posted via CB10
    needforbbx and soren203 like this.
    10-05-13 01:26 AM
    Who's asking for Sino? Probably a few of the 1 billion cell phone users they have there.

Congrats on taking the award for the senseless chirp of the day.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 01:27 AM
    Maybe instagram and netflix are being paid not to develop for blackberry by Apple,Samsung and google.
    Either way. Third party developers will fill the gap.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 01:28 AM
    Oh good now that it's out blackberry will be saved. You are absolutely right.

Posted via CB10
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    10-05-13 01:31 AM
    Either way. Third party developers will fill the gap.

Posted via CB10
    How so???

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 01:32 AM
    How so???

Posted via CB10
    Did you not hear about whine and igrann? Vine and instagram being developed by third party devs.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 01:33 AM
    Who's asking for Sino? Probably a few of the 1 billion cell phone users they have there.

Congrats on taking the award for the senseless chirp of the day.

Posted via CB10
    if that's the case, then why is blackberry not selling the Z10's and other bb10 phones in China?
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-05-13 01:36 AM
    if that's the case, then why is blackberry not selling the Z10's and other bb10 phones in China?
    They are selling in China...
    (at least in Hong Kong for sure)
    Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 01:38 AM
    It could be, but the situation is a little bit better now. With the 4.2 JB runtime, a lot more apps can be converted and used in contrast to the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    whaaat??? have you read the headlines lately???
    10-05-13 01:40 AM
    Did you not hear about whine and igrann? Vine and instagram being developed by third party devs.

Posted via CB10
    Consumers don't want 3rd party apps. People don't want a Netflix player they want Netflix. The don't want a vine player they want vine.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 01:42 AM
    Well I can't explain that. But I can say why is Flipboard and the biggest social app in China sina weibo coming anyway?

Posted via CB10
    coming when??? s**n...
    10-05-13 01:42 AM
    There's a huge difference between the Playbook and the Z10, however. One has ongoing updates coming and the other won't be even supported anymore.

But it really means nothing now that Blackberry can't even get the area they want to target, which are the smartphones. To focus on anything else would be foolish at this point. With the company potentially going to be private or split in a month or so, it has become increasingly grim.

Sent from my RM-941_apac_sea_203 using Tapatalk
    10-05-13 01:43 AM
    whaaat??? have you read the headlines lately???
    Headlines!= reality

I use my brain thanks... and I sideload the gap.

Posted via CB10
    needforbbx likes this.
    10-05-13 01:43 AM
    Consumers don't want 3rd party apps. People don't want a Netflix player they want Netflix. The don't want a vine player they want vine.

Posted via CB10
    If it does the same ******* thing does it matter? And you can't force these companies to develop if they don't want to... so third party devs see a opportunity and take advantage of their failures to spread their apps to a wide audience.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 01:44 AM
109 123 ...