1. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    rogers deserves all the bad press and cancellations … every bit of it!!
    potatoguy, anon(1852343) and icabb like this.
    10-04-13 07:53 PM
    rogers deserves all the bad press and cancellations … every bit of it!!
    Why? Are you going to buy all the hardware they get stuck with? So crazy how you guys are crying. What business carries products that don't sell
    10-04-13 07:57 PM
    Why? Are you going to buy all the hardware they get stuck with? So crazy how you guys are crying. What business carries products that don't sell
    So Rogers is right and Bell, Telus, Sasktel, MTS, Futureshop, Bestbuy are all wrong?
    potatoguy likes this.
    10-04-13 08:01 PM
    What about corporate and consumers who are in contact with rogers.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 08:04 PM
    So Rogers is right and Bell, Telus, Sasktel, MTS, Futureshop, Bestbuy are all wrong?
    Rogers is doing what's right for THEM!! They don't owe a fallen company anything. Do you think Rogers is not selling it because they think it will fly off the shelf?? Be real
    10-04-13 08:05 PM
    False argument. Just because one company chooses one plan, doesn't mean that plan works for everyone. I think in the end, this decision will be looked on as the smart choice. The Z30 is just a bigger screened phone with the same crappy app selection as other failing bb10 devices...I see no reason why anyone would skip the z10 and jump for the z30.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4
    richardat, Etios and kevinnugent like this.
    10-04-13 08:06 PM
    Rogers is doing what's right for THEM!! They don't owe a fallen company anything. Do you think Rogers is not selling it because they think it will fly off the shelf?? Be real
    How many junky android phones do they carry that dont sell? Tons. Seriously, do you know anyone with Galaxy Ace 2 or any of their subpar line. I cant think of a single person. But i know a dozen or more that own blackberry phones. There is a market in Canada for Blackberry, no its not as big as it once was but its still sizeable. Id say the bad press they are getting is worse than carrying a slow selling blackberry in limited supply. On one hand they are playing the patriotic card in trying to get support from their users over the Verizon thing and then on the other they wont support a Canadian manufacturer. Its simply hypocrisy.
    10-04-13 08:07 PM
    I wonder how many Samsung Galaxy Rugby's Rogers moves... there's gotta be more to this than just not wanting it to take up one of their "17 or 18" featured phones.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    10-04-13 08:09 PM
    I wonder how many Samsung Galaxy Rugby's Rogers moves... there's gotta be more to this than just not wanting it to take up one of their "17 or 18" featured phones.
    There is more to it. Apparently a Rogers executive is on the Fairfax BOD....and what better way to ensure the stock price stay low than to have Canada's largest carrier not carry the new flagship device.
    This has become one big joke.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 08:12 PM
    False argument. Just because one company chooses one plan, doesn't mean that plan works for everyone. I think in the end, this decision will be looked on as the smart choice. The Z30 is just a bigger screened phone with the same crappy app selection as other failing bb10 devices...I see no reason why anyone would skip the z10 and jump for the z30.

The z30 isn't going to sell, and Rogers FOR ONCE, is making a good choice. Let's say they're wrong....so what? Their loss. It was their decision, and there is no "right" or "wrong" here morally. Should they carry HTC one? Should they carry iphone? Should they carry lumia 520? Basic business decisions, and it's up to them.

If you feel they are going to lose out on sales, then you should be confident that they will regret it! However, they didn't do anything "bad".
    10-04-13 08:18 PM
    How many junky android phones do they carry that dont sell? Tons. Seriously, do you know anyone with Galaxy Ace 2 or any of their subpar line. I cant think of a single person. But i know a dozen or more that own blackberry phones. There is a market in Canada for Blackberry, no its not as big as it once was but its still sizeable. Id say the bad press they are getting is worse than carrying a slow selling blackberry in limited supply. On one hand they are playing the patriotic card in trying to get support from their users over the Verizon thing and then on the other they wont support a Canadian manufacturer. Its simply hypocrisy.
    You're confusing simply hypocrisy with simply business. It has nothing to do with Blackberry being Canadian. Just ask all of the people in the United States who drive Hondas or a toyota. Blackberry has dropped the ball and is continuing to do so. The pricing for the z30 is even a joke. How many excuses and people are people going to keep blaming for BlackBerry failures. As I said before rogers isn't passing on the z30 because they think it will fly off shelves
    Give this a few days and the furor will die down. Rogers will get their hefty cancellation fees from disgruntled customers and once BlackBerry bails on the consumer market, this backlash will all be gone and it'll be business as usual for Rogers. I think Canadians should complain more about high taxes, high gas prices, high mobile plan prices, high property prices, high everything which includes De-legalizing marijuana than complaining about a phone that's not expected to make a dent in the smartphone market.
    IGeeve and kevinnugent like this.
    PLAYBOOKSTER!!! You got mentioned in the article on crackberry. Love your username and profile pick...haha

It's awesome!!
    playbookster likes this.
    10-04-13 08:21 PM
    snip... There is a market in Canada for Blackberry, no its not as big as it once was but its still sizeable.
    The last sales numbers from Blackberry do not prove this out.

Wishful thinking is not a number.
    10-04-13 08:26 PM
    Their facebook is a total BLOODBATH

Just hilarious....makes me pretty proud to be a canadian to be honest. A Lot of "average joes" are commenting. Great to see.

Let keep the pressure on.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 08:28 PM
    The last sales numbers from Blackberry do not prove this out.

Wishful thinking is not a number.
    what sales number? How many phones do you think is acceptable in a country of 35 million?
    10-04-13 08:41 PM
    what sales number? How many phones do you think is acceptable in a country of 35 million?
    Nearly $1 billion write-down of unsold Z10s includes the Canadian market. The fact that Rogers will not sell Z30 in their stores is the strongest sign as they know how many Z30s they'll expect to sell based on past sales of Z10. Nearly 50% market share of IPhones and 32% Android with slew of new phones in these platforms coming out this month. These new phones (at least 6 top models) will likely increase their market share at the expense of BlackBerry, this quarter and retailers will be left holding the bag of unsold Z30 phones. People can blame Rogers all they want but at least they have the guts to say enough is enough.
    10-04-13 08:48 PM
    Why defend a failure of a company? Stop being a blind, loyal sheep and see these morons for what they are. Blackberry created this mess. Oh yeah, tje LG 2 is out & the Note dropped today. The Z30 is DOA.
    10-04-13 09:01 PM
    You're confusing simply hypocrisy with simply business. It has nothing to do with Blackberry being Canadian.
    I would agree with you if they didn't just btch and whine about patriotism and Verizon taking away Canadian jobs

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque and bilzomaniac like this.
    10-04-13 09:05 PM
    I would agree with you if they didn't just btch and whine about patriotism and Verizon taking away Canadian jobs

Posted via CB10
    Exactly.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 09:10 PM
    Why defend a failure of a company? Stop being a blind, loyal sheep and see these morons for what they are. Blackberry created this mess. Oh yeah, tje LG 2 is out & the Note dropped today. The Z30 is DOA.
    Oh great, another new member who isnt a fan of blackberry but felt to the need to join crackberry to **** on fans.
    10-04-13 09:29 PM
    Opinion on numbers has no place here. What is acceptable is enough sales to keep Blackberry going.
    Looking at all that is occurring to BB, the Canada market is not enough.
    Apparently Rogers feels the same way.
    10-04-13 09:33 PM

Alternatively, your statement can be seen as incorrect as well. Rogers attempted to mitigate a possible hit on their bottom line by bypassing the z30 but subsequently are taking a deficit on their top line by losing subscribers. Now, it can be argued that one may offset the other but I lack the financial details to adequately asses whether or not they are truly better off...
    Last edited by thisiscjay; 10-04-13 at 09:47 PM.
    10-04-13 09:35 PM
    Wait, are you that midget Ron Brown guy?
    bilzomaniac likes this.
    10-04-13 09:37 PM
55 123