Just recently I've been experiencing short battery life i use to be able to go full day with out having to charge it and now having to charge after like 2 hours from full charge...any body know why this is happening?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 07:48 PM
    Hmm did you download any new apps recently? Or updated any of them?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 08:39 PM
    Updated/ new apps are a good start. Since I've updated BBW, battery' been down.
    10-04-13 09:27 PM
    I update apps when they come available. It doesn't make sense that my battery life would be less because of it

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 09:55 PM
    I'm having the same problem. Was getting through a day normally, but now my battery's done in a few hours with barely no use. Only change recently was app updates, including BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 11:00 PM
    Me too trying to figure it out! Do you all have android runtime?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 04:20 PM
    Any of you have a PlayBook charger? I have 2 Z10. Me and wife. Charger I use 95% time is that charger. Its a rapid charger for the Z 10. BlackBerry confirms this.
    Wife uses stock charger. Started having to charge more frequently.
    I took hers, she got mine(battery).
    I initially discovered that even the Playbook charger couldn't keep me from depleting my charge. Then after numerous nights it acts like my battery. Didn't bother switching back with my wife.
    Just sayin.....
    Shove some power at it!

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 05:46 PM
    Oh did you notice if the stock charger was starting to take longer to charge? Or are you using any old charger?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 05:48 PM
    Ok I figured it out. It was one of my email accounts. Deleted it and everything is running smooth again. I think it was constantly trying to sync but not grabbing any data. Read in another thread that an email account not setup correctly can cause heavy battery drain.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 09:09 PM
    Ok I figured it out. It was one of my email accounts. Deleted it and everything is running smooth again. I think it was constantly trying to sync but not grabbing any data. Read in another thread that an email account not setup correctly can cause heavy battery drain.

Posted via CB10
    Right on! Glad you got it figured out.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 05:01 AM
    For what it is worth; I had the exact same problem as you with a battery lasting 6hours, and on my way to do a security wipe. After connecting my phone to BBLink and backing up my phone, I notice there was a software update waiting to be installed. Mind you, I had been checking the "Software Updates" in the "Settings" screen on the phone almost daily. I had tried everything suggested in the forums without any real success. So I ran the "software update" from BBLink, and Voila! After 8 hours of moderate to heavy usage (surfing web, txt'ing, phone calls, and email) the battery is at 70%.

So for anyone else experiening short battery life, I suggest doing the software updated from BBLink, an not from the phone over the mobile/cell carriers' data network.

KF-Kev
    10-07-13 11:16 AM
    Any of you have a PlayBook charger? I have 2 Z10. Me and wife. Charger I use 95% time is that charger. Its a rapid charger for the Z 10. BlackBerry confirms this.
    Wife uses stock charger. Started having to charge more frequently.
    I took hers, she got mine(battery).
    I initially discovered that even the Playbook charger couldn't keep me from depleting my charge. Then after numerous nights it acts like my battery. Didn't bother switching back with my wife.
    Just sayin.....
    Shove some power at it!

Posted via CB10
    Don't get the battery too hot...lithium ion batteries don't like heat...

Trusted Member Genius
    10-07-13 04:14 PM
    Yea ya know...my z10 battery life is horrible....i have the brightness down..and all types of things off...not sure what else to do.....i still don't get why they only put 1800 mAH battery and put a 2100 mAH battery in the q10....and I had the q10 battery life was decent...z10 has a bigger screen..still scratching my head on that onee

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 08:37 AM
    Removed post. Wrong thread.
    10-08-13 11:44 PM
    Yea ya know...my z10 battery life is horrible....i have the brightness down..and all types of things off...not sure what else to do.....i still don't get why they only put 1800 mAH battery and put a 2100 mAH battery in the q10....and I had the q10 battery life was decent...z10 has a bigger screen..still scratching my head on that onee
    The battery life of the Z10 isn't that bad. Maybe there is something strange going on at your device. I'm currently creating a app at which you're able to check if your CPU load is constantly at a high level. It's still not finished but the CPU monitoring works and is free: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...alyzer-853481/

Normally the cpu load should be below 5% without touching your device. The reason for a constant cpu usage could be a mail account which went mad, check also facebook, twitter, foursquare? Also the automatic sync with BlackBerry Link via WiFi creates a high cpu load, but this one is normal and happens only while you're at home.
    After checking all of this search for Android apps at your device and try to replace those with native apps. Not for everythink possible (like skype) but worth a try to know who is responsibble for your bad stand-by time.
    10-09-13 02:17 PM
    Spot the difference.
    Battery life-img_20131142.png
    Battery life-img_20131149.png

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 02:48 PM
    Yes, but the question persists:
    Why does this happen?

Do you have a constant high CPU load after the reboot when your sd card is full with stuff?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 05:31 PM
    What app is that battery chart?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 05:57 PM
    What app is that battery chart?
    The battery chart above is from BX Battery Info (Pro version, I guess)

This one is from BaSA: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...alyzer-853481/

Battery life-product-featured-image.png

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 06:32 PM