I liked the Z10 - especially the hub and the camera (but which was often difficult to close). And the virtual keyboard is pretty OK

But the Bold ......

Fewer steps - it is truly a one-hand operational phone.
    Control buttons and track pad - close out an app -> hit the button
    Camera hot key - and can zoom with the same hand hodling the phone using the track pad
    I can actually read my emails (not displayed in fine print) BIG ADVANTAGE !!
    The battery lasts
    I don't have to flick, pinch, scrunch and wince (which by the way does not work at all if you get some rain drops on the screen)
    I get Pandora !!
    I can color set the LED's by email account, text, phone, etc. - great when in a meeting and the notification sounds are turned off
    Doing better using the real keyboard compared to the Z10 (which surprised me)
    Don't really notice less speed (3G vs 4G)
    And as we all know - the Z10 apps are no better overall than the Bold's

I was hoping that 10.2 would be an improvement, but when is it coming out? And from what I see on line it won't address most of the above deficiencies of the Z10 over the Bold.

Disappointing. But there is no perfect phone.
    10-04-13 03:19 PM
    My wife has ditched her Q10 and went back to the Bold 9900.

#1 reason is the 9900 has call blocking apps.

She has her own business and is dependent on her BB and was getting just hammered by solicitation calls

#2 reason she hates the hub and screen

The phone is just not for her.

That said I may not be far behind and retiring my Z10 if a call blocking app isn't available very soon
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
    10-04-13 03:29 PM
    I liked the Z10 - especially the hub and the camera (but which was often difficult to close). And the virtual keyboard is pretty OK

But the Bold ......

Fewer steps - it is truly a one-hand operational phone.
    Control buttons and track pad - close out an app -> hit the button
    Camera hot key - and can zoom with the same hand hodling the phone using the track pad
    I can actually read my emails (not displayed in fine print) BIG ADVANTAGE !!
    The battery lasts
    I don't have to flick, pinch, scrunch and wince (which by the way does not work at all if you get some rain drops on the screen)
    I get Pandora !!
    I can color set the LED's by email account, text, phone, etc. - great when in a meeting and the notification sounds are turned off
    Doing better using the real keyboard compared to the Z10 (which surprised me)
    Don't really notice less speed (3G vs 4G)
    And as we all know - the Z10 apps are no better overall than the Bold's

I was hoping that 10.2 would be an improvement, but when is it coming out? And from what I see on line it won't address most of the above deficiencies of the Z10 over the Bold.

Disappointing. But there is no perfect phone.
    i think bb is meant to be with a keyboard. without a keyboard it steps into the iphone/android arena and it cant compete. bb should have just downsized and made a plethora of different sized keyboard phones. pretty much the only keyboard phones in the past few years have been by bb. they have the market cornered...granted its a smaller market, but would you rather be homeless or live in a smaller house? i know, before someone says it, TH probably has a huge house, but you know what im saying. lol
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
    10-04-13 03:30 PM
    You guys went back too 9900?? Do you guys have a screw loose?!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 03:47 PM
    Went back to my 9900 also.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 03:49 PM
    i think bb is meant to be with a keyboard. without a keyboard it steps into the iphone/android arena and it cant compete. bb should have just downsized and made a plethora of different sized keyboard phones. pretty much the only keyboard phones in the past few years have been by bb. they have the market cornered...granted its a smaller market, but would you rather be homeless or live in a smaller house? i know, before someone says it, TH probably has a huge house, but you know what im saying. lol
    In other words, Mike was right. All they had to do was upgrade the hardware and integrated BBOS and BB10.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 03:53 PM
    You guys switching back to the slow sh*t must not have 4G. You also must not cRe about pictures. No way would I ever eeeeeeevvvvver (jericho) go back.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 04:14 PM
    I resent using my bb7 curve for work. I wish my work would upgrade us

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 04:23 PM
    I had the 9900. Loved it. But BlackBerry hit it out of the park for me with my Z10.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    10-04-13 04:24 PM
    You guys switching back to the slow sh*t must not have 4G. You also must not cRe about pictures. No way would I ever eeeeeeevvvvver (jericho) go back.

Posted via CB10
    Wifi home, 4G on the road. No problem with speeds. Works a hell of a lot better with PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 04:49 PM
    I don't get it. The z10 is so much more. It is better

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 04:50 PM
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/26843875

Something different than this call management app?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 05:07 PM
    BlackBerry World - Call Manager

Something different than this call management app?

Posted via CB10
    It's crap, Doesn't work. BB should pull that app.
    10-04-13 05:14 PM
    oh well, the power of choice right ? if I go back to a Bold it would be all the way to my 9000 which I still rock from time to time just to remember how things used to be !!!!! hahahaha.....just kidding, the 9900 is a fantastic device in many ways but I'm addicted to my Z10 in such a way that lately it feels like I don't care as to how sick fast my backup is......oh that would be an HTC One.....

10-04-13 05:17 PM
    You guys went back too 9900?? Do you guys have a screw loose?!

Posted via CB10
    The 9900 works for my wife the Q10 doesn't. She needs call blocking which is unavailable on BB10. Simple
    10-04-13 05:18 PM
    The 9900 works for my wife the Q10 doesn't. She needs call blocking which is unavailable on BB10. Simple
    I'm pretty sure call blocking is available.... mine is a carrier app.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 05:20 PM
    I miss bis data costs a kidney here in South Africa

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 05:23 PM
    I use a z10 for personal and a 9900 for work. Both are great phones, but I like the 9900 better for a pure communication device which is what I need for work.

Posted via CB10
    LudwigvonKast and xanadome like this.
    10-04-13 05:48 PM
    This is an interesting thread. I use my Z10 for both work and personal use.

I often have to write very complex technical communications as I work in IT delivery and I have to say, having the Z10 has been nothing short of an amazing experience. Don't get me wrong, the 9900 is a great device, I still have mine in case my wife's bits the dust. But no way can the old BBOS come close to BB10 in terms of pure multitasking. It has the same limitations as all other non-BB10 phones on the market today, you have actually leave and close what you are seeing to action something else.

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    jupiter8 likes this.
    10-04-13 06:13 PM
    The keyboard on the z10 is just awesome! I feel much less stressed flicking words up then sweating trying to hit each and every key on the 9900.

I wish BB would have an AD showing people typing super fast on their cell phone and then have a user with BB10 keyboard leisurely swiping and flicking while getting MORE done. I honestly don't want to be the people that I see in a sprint to finish their thoughts anymore!

Now I'm laid back, flick'n and swipe'n and STILL faster, like a Boss

EDIT: Grammer
    10-04-13 06:27 PM
    What the hell is wrong with you people?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 06:37 PM
    What the hell is wrong with you people?

Posted via CB10
    Not using the phones right now, didn't throw them out.
    I can also ask, how many people still using their Bold and haven't switched to BB10 ? People are just comfortable using what they have. It's as simple as that.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 07:00 PM
    If you look at the latest SEC filings for BBRY. They sold 5.9 million phones, 4.2 were BlackBerry 7 devices.
    The BB10 is just not for everyone. That is a huge difference in sales .

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 07:20 PM
    I would never go back now that I have used the Z10!

Posted via CB10
    jupiter8 likes this.
    10-04-13 07:28 PM
    I'm actually dying for a bold 9000 or another earlier bold. I want that keyboard! Hehe, i love my z10, but I want a second device with a keyboard, definitely gonna grab a bbos device soon, never had one before. Well actually I had a BlackBerry world edition, but with no Internet, this was years ago. I never could take full advantage of it, had it for a few months.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    10-04-13 07:31 PM
106 123 ...