Just thought I'd share my thoughts. Nothing amazing or spectacular, but this is my answer to the "which phone should I stick with" dilema....

I am waiting to receive my Q10 direct from BB...should arrive Tuesday, according to FedEx.
    For the past 2 years I have been buying/returning/switching and selling phones like crazy. Having used a 9700 for many years, I found everything else lacking in one way or another, but could not go back to the 9700 either because that was also lacking in many ways (tried the 9900 but wasn't much of a functional step up from the 9700). For the past few months I have stuck with my ip5 and found it to be the best compromise. Anyhow, Last week, at work, I got frustrated with the ip5 keyboard as I ended up having to message and email a lot and kept deleting and deleting misspelled words or wrong predictions. I also began to hate the stock email app which doesn't show my sent emails in the thread (it just groups the incoming messages by subject...if you want to see your replies to the "thread" you have to navigate to the sent folder. I tried the iOS Gmail app but then that fragments the use of the phone because it's sand-boxed from other apps). Mostly, I found myself constantly pressing the physical button on the ip5 to see if I had any new messages, since at work I cannot have the phone near my peripheral vision all the time to see the temporary message preview on the iPhone, which flashes on for a few seconds and then goes off. I got pretty irritated at the iPhone that day at work, as I have many times in the past. These things never seem to be a problem at home or on the weekends, as the phone is always in line of sight and messaging is at a minimum. Finally I realized, why the hell not have a q10 and use it at work and just use the iPhone (or any other phone) as needed?! I was SO caught up in trying to find the perfect phone, that I never even thought to just have two phones and switch back and forth! I don't want to open an new phone line, but no one ever said I could not switch phones on the same line. Especially being with ATT, I can just switch the SIM card back and forth as needed, no need to call ATT. I have a grandfathered-in unlimited plan with an iphone data plan, but it works with any cell phone i put my SIM card in, no need to change data plans. For two years now I have been putting the SIM in different phones and they all work perfectly. I have a nano sim adapter I used for the androids and windows phones. Anyhow, such a simple solution. Work: NEED a keyboard, a notification light, and proper email threading...q10... WEEKENDS: NEED a good camera and lots of informational apps and easy navigation and excellent voice control (eliminates q10/z10)...iPhone 5. By the way I have also used the q10 and z10 in the past and returned them because overall the experience was not as complete as iOS. Especially navigation and certain apps. cest la vie.

Quite possibly the most important thing BB did with their new phones is make them NOT require a BB data plan/BES/BIS with the carrier, that way quick SIM switching with other phones is possible without having to call the carrier. I know the future of the company is in the air, but those 3 things (LED light, keyboard, proper threading) are all I need when at work, so I'll be using the q10, 5 days a week and the iphone 5 will be my weekend phone. Maybe if people opened up to the idea of having more than ONE phone on one line, and use based on needs, more blackberries would sell. Yes cost is prohibitive, but how many people have two cars, or how many people have different pairs of shoes, purses, jackets, watches, etc etc etc. Why only have ONE phone and try and make it fit ALL your needs?
    10-04-13 01:44 PM
    Sounds good!
    10-04-13 01:49 PM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 02:28 PM
    Yes cost is prohibitive, but how many people have two cars, or how many people have different pairs of shoes, purses, jackets, watches, etc etc etc. Why only have ONE phone and try and make it fit ALL your needs?
    Hrmm very interesting...
    10-04-13 02:36 PM
    First of all, you are one of the prosumers who need to be as productive as possible BlackBerry is targeting for. BlackBerry will not go away as long as there still a lot of people that want to be productive.

Just an example, I don't buy many apps often on my Z10. But I bought 2 apps so far. One is angry birds for my kids, one is FancyTran a native translation app.

I had always used a free translation app which was android ported app. Oh, man that is pain in the ***. Then the other day, I tried the FancyTran and have to buy it. If you see how both my 7- year old boy and myself flipped the French words and sentences super fast, you will realize that 2.00 for the app is well spent and how amazing the BlackBerry 10 is. How much time this beauty has saved!

I am not doing advertising for FancyTran app, it is just one of the examples to show how you will appreciate BlackBerry 10s.

Posted via CB10
    sevoman likes this.
    10-04-13 03:41 PM
    I completely understand your frustration with the iPhone. I also ran into the same problems as you and picked up a Z10 as soon as it came out.

I can say that I am much happier now because of it. While I do not need two phone I probably would in I didn't take my time to learn how to side load apps. Since I did I have no complaints : )

Posted via CB10
    sevoman likes this.
    10-04-13 05:55 PM
    Guys, don't say you don't need apps. Apps give more life to today's smartphones so called ecosystem.

Apps are welcome, the more quality apps, the better for BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 02:10 PM
    Good decision.

BB Z10 Rocks!
    10-05-13 02:16 PM
    That sounds like a good compromise!! My compromise is I use my Q10 all the time and have an iPad for whatever my phone lacks.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    sevoman likes this.
    10-05-13 02:26 PM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 02:40 PM
    The q10 + a capable tablet is really a good team!

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 02:42 PM
    ConGrats on your Q10, I hope your very happy with it and your decision. I purchased my Verizon White Z10 before it was released to the stores and I am very HAPPY with it and my decision.
    sevoman likes this.
    10-05-13 02:49 PM
    I think the OP has a point..two phones is like having best of both...

I love my Z10 for its screen and it's 'recreational' experience but when it comes to the crunch and typing this post or if I was writing an email, I really, really miss keys. I even miss the track pad!

I almost wish the Q10 had a longer screen....i really feel the Q10 needs to be an inch longer and then it'd be perfect!

But either way, yes, BlackBerry needs to keep developing those apps and the desirability of its ecosystem but also not lose focus of what sort of hardware people want or would like.

A UK Z10 Owner
    10-05-13 04:51 PM
    I like the Q10 + a tablet idea! Maybe this is what BlackBerry envisage one day.

+ the remote access to a PC.

A UK Z10 Owner
    10-05-13 04:56 PM
    This is a really good way to go about it! I use my iPad for exactly that, I don't spend time playing to many games on my phone.
    10-05-13 09:53 PM
    I also have a i5. The keyboard takes some getting used to, but I still do miss physical keys which is why I also have my Q10. Haven't made the full switch to my Q, but on the fence and use my Q after work to get used to it.

I also am like the OP, where I use my delete button more than any other button besides hitting the L button which I thought was the delete button. Oh the horror.

Posted via my Q
    sevoman likes this.
    10-05-13 10:30 PM
    I sometimes wish that I would have waited for the Q10 for the physical keypad and not jumped on the first BB10 that was available, but after waiting for what seemed a lifetime, I just had to have a BB10. At times I kinda wish I had waited, not saying that I don't love my Z10 and the amazing virtual keypad along with the screen real estate
    10-06-13 04:19 AM
    I also have a i5. The keyboard takes some getting used to, but I still do miss physical keys which is why I also have my Q10. Haven't made the full switch to my Q, but on the fence and use my Q after work to get used to it.

I also am like the OP, where I use my delete button more than any other button besides hitting the L button which I thought was the delete button. Oh the horror.

Posted via my Q
    the biggest frustration with the ip5 keyboard is when i am typing and whenever the next word starts with the letter "M" or "L", it seems that it registers the backspace button due to its proximity to those letters! so ill be typing away at lighting speed, and to the iphones credit it keeps up. but when i start the next word with M or L, 90% of the time I hit the backspace key which negates the previous space bar entry. so then i look up after a few words and just see a LONG line of, red underlined, gibberish as all the words are jumbled together without spaces and without auto correct. it's a disaster! and unlike the z10, ip5 doesn't have a long backspace where you can delete the entire word at once, for underlined words it will just delete one letter at a time. anyhow, it makes me want to throw the phone out a closed window.
    10-06-13 11:11 AM
    Guys, don't say you don't need apps. Apps give more life to today's smartphones so called ecosystem.

Apps are welcome, the more quality apps, the better for BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    totally agreed. if bb10 had better apps i would not have to switch back and forth between phones. when i had my z10 i trued sideloading some android apps but the user expeirence was not good, and usually laggy. its not an option to have a device and rely on sideloading apps, and in effect have an app running an app.

also, not just the apps but two things about bb10 need a lot of improvement. first is the voice recognition/assistant. when i had my z10 i spent hours and hours comparing simple functions to my ip5. the bb10 voice assistant really is slow and doesnt understand natural language. could not even long press the button and say "navigate to ....". it would just try and search the web each time. the next thing is the navigation. you can search for points of interest, restaurants etc directly from the maps app in ios and android, but in bb10 you have to do the search elsewhere and then hope the address link will be active to kick you into the nav app. basically i realized that "on the go" the ip5 is much better to have. also, for my work, there are several apps that are only available on ios and android and these apps are surprisingly useful. when i had my z10, i took it to work a few times and was annoyed not having those apps available. to compete, bb10 nees apps AND needs improvement of some of its core search/assistant/maps integration.
    10-06-13 11:22 AM