A year ago, folks were aghast that BlackBerry was delaying the launch of the BlackBerry 10 platform until after the upcoming shopping frenzy called the 'holiday season'. The argument went that this is the time of the year when the most phones are sold. The first months of the New Year are simply not a good time to sell products.

Given that logic, (and please there are enough threads on what should have been so forget about that for this thread) BlackBerry should be in selling mode for the months of November and December. And it's time for a new campaign theme. What about "I can't believe it's a BlackBerry" campaign? I don't know how many people I have read here (and it's my personal experience as well) who have shown their phones to other folks only to get the "wow, that's a BlackBerry?" It's an easy ad to do. Take a camera to the street, show off the Z30 or whatever, and put together the clips with a couple of cool BlackBerry 10 features. I bet you'd find enough people to get the oh wow reaction you want. I think it could work. Frank, are you reading CB?

Posted via CB10
    BB12MX likes this.
    10-04-13 11:06 AM
    I like it, one of the better marketing ideas I've heard on here.
    10-04-13 11:43 AM
    You may get the 'wow' factor, but as soon as the question comes up - "Where is instagram?" Then what? I highly doubt that the marketing guy would bother informing the user about side-loading nor would the user want to any interest in .

Or the BlackBerry carrying person pulls out the camera on the Z/Q whatever and takes decent pictures but not even close to what other devices have to offer; then what? The customer asks "I am used to having a panoramic view on my camera, where is that?" Marketing guy points to an app. Customer "Oh?! I already have that built in to the camera on my iPhone/Droid."

I'm sorry but there isn't enough compelling features that BlackBerry has on their BB10 devices that would sway a current iPhone or Android user to switch. Maybe a Windows Phone user.
    10-04-13 12:07 PM