I posted this in another thread but I think it is getting lost in it...So I decided to start my own....I'm hoping there is a solution.

I just upgraded my wife's and my own 8330 to 4.5 on Verizon. She sent me via email from her BB to mine a picture she had taken of our son which I would like to save to my phone's picture directory on the memory card. Unfortunately the only options I am seeing in the email and pic attachment itself are to 'Open Attachment and not save...So of course I am questioning how can I possibly save this attachment via the phone? Is it possible...?

Thanks.
    10-23-08 01:10 PM
    Next to the open attachment I have an option to download attachment. That let's me save it to my memory card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 05:13 PM
    You should have to open the attachment before you can save it.
    10-23-08 05:16 PM
    No option to download or save attachment whatsoever, even after I first open it.

What the heck?

10-23-08 07:19 PM
    You open it and while viewing hit menu and there is no option to save? What is the file saved as, jpg?
    10-23-08 07:25 PM
    I open the email then open the attachment and my only options are zoom, rotate, view full screen, email etc etc but there is absolutely no option to download or save the image. :/

10-24-08 08:32 AM
    What version of 4.5?

10-24-08 03:21 PM
    .77, The one stickied for the 8330.

10-24-08 04:17 PM
    Do you guys have the data plan? You can send the pic through messenger.

10-24-08 05:12 PM
    Oh yeah, we both do and we also use messenger as well. I think I may have figured it out...an earlier pic she sent me I was able to download fine...I think possibly I had already downloaded the image and so it will no longer give me the option to. I just discovered the pic in the root of my memory card rather than the blackberry/pictures directory. Not seeing it in its usual spot made me think it hadn't been downloaded.

Weird...So I guess once it has been saved you lose the option to.

Learning something every day with this device, I was a bit paranoid it was a 4.5 bug.

10-24-08 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD