I really love blackberry. I have had two before I got the Samsung s2. I'm due for an upgrade and I hate how big Samsung phones are, generally don't like apple, miss my keyboard and long for my blackberry. But I'm not sure what is going on with the Bb company and I'm afraid if I get the phone and Bb fails that I'll be stuck with a phone that will never update or have more apps. I only use my phone for pics, Facebook, news, email, and messaging. I am not one for games or movies. Can someone please convince me that Bb will be okay and that the q10 is worth getting over the hated, but considered, I5?
    10-03-13 05:24 PM
    If you buy a Q10 you know it will at least be upgraded to 10.2 but beyond that what more do you need?
    By the sounds of it all the apps you need are already installed & there is still many in the store even if it is missing 1 or 2. If things completely collapsed which is very unlikely there will still be sideloading.
    10-03-13 05:36 PM
    I really love blackberry. I have had two before I got the Samsung s2. I'm due for an upgrade and I hate how big Samsung phones are, generally don't like apple, miss my keyboard and long for my blackberry. But I'm not sure what is going on with the Bb company and I'm afraid if I get the phone and Bb fails that I'll be stuck with a phone that will never update or have more apps. I only use my phone for pics, Facebook, news, email, and messaging. I am not one for games or movies. Can someone please convince me that Bb will be okay and that the q10 is worth getting over the hated, but considered, I5?
    Well, if you consider that most people are upgrading with 2-year contracts, from what I know...I 'm pretty sure you'll get at least those 2 years out of it.

I have a Z10 and a Q10, and will be getting the Z30 eventually, so there you go.

Cheers!
    10-03-13 05:43 PM
    Even if BlackBerry completely disappeared, your Q10 will still send and receive emails and your keyboard will still rock. Nothing is going to change. If you were hard core into apps, you would want an iPhone. If you're a qwerty person like most of us are here, nothing but the Q10 will satisfy.

It's a personal choice. But like I said, rest assured that your phone will not stop working regardless of what BlackBerry the company goes through.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 05:46 PM
    It is NOT 100% assured that email will still work if BlackBerry goes away. There's the matter of BBID's. There's a thread in this forum about that which was active last night.

That's said, since a phone is for two years at most, I'd say the OP should go for it. BlackBerry is not going to disappear completely, and I think whoever takes over BlackBerry will support users to some degree. There is money to be made supporting them, especially if they're not wasting money on new phones lol.

Sounds like the OP is the PERFECT candidate for a Q10. I say go for it.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    10-03-13 09:10 PM
    Get the Q10! If you love BlackBerry you will love the Q10. I've had mine for about 3 months now and I still feel the same way about it like I did when I first held it. I had the Galaxy S2 but the lust faded away after I realized how fast the battery died on me and how terrible quality of phone calls were.

BBQ10
    axllebeer likes this.
    10-03-13 10:04 PM
    Well if you owned a Chrysler or GM car, when the CAW decides to go on strike, do the bolts come off your car? Or maybe they did when the were asking for bailouts from the Govt? I bet a lot of them cars were stopped on the side of the road.
    I don't know answer cause I don't have a domestic vehicle.
    10-04-13 02:00 PM
    If you like BlackBerry, then get a Q10. I was concerned about the company going belly up, but I got a Q10 and figured it would help keep the company alive. Besides,I just upgraded from the 9650 and I'm impressed with the Q10. Get one and support BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 02:50 PM
    I seriously doubt anyone that takes over the BlackBerry consumer market will be dumb enough to leave all those BB customers with all their money, stranded. Even if the BB of today decided to close it's doors tomorrow, someone that knows the business would pick up the ball and run with it. I can't imagine that all of a sudden we would all be forced to use Android, iPhone or Windows.
    10-04-13 05:02 PM
    If i were in your shoes i'd get a Q10 without thinking about it twice!
    First, because it's imho the best BB10 experience with instant actions and keyboard shortcuts.
    Second, i'm sure Blackberry will be alive and kicking for more than two years because they have the best OS for smartphones.
    Third, if they were to fail it's 100% sure that android community would find a way to adapt their OS to the Q10 and Z10-30 (because it already works partly) and CyanogenMod or something alike would quickly become a reality for our devices.
    Four, if you are so afraid about a 2 years contract why don't you look for a second hand or a cheap deal on ebay?
    you can't go wrong with a Q10, it's really awesome ! (and i was an iphone user since 2007)
    10-04-13 07:39 PM