Hi All,

I recently upgraded my wife's phone from Curve 8520 to a Q5.

She loves it and the switchover was seamless.

The only issue I am having is that BB World is not detecting that I purchased KVAD Photo Studio Pro.

I have contacted the developer and they provided the following support:

Hi!Pro version for BB10 goes without license codes, so you needn't register after purchase. All features become available for you automatically if you have ever paid for Pro version of application earlier. If all add-ons are unlocked so you just only should install all of them by yourself. If your add-ons are locked, please try to delete the application, restart your device and install the application once again.
    If you can't download Pro version for the second time with your ID you should contact AppWorld support, here is link:
    Official BlackBerry Support - Help & Support for BlackBerry Devices - US

Feel free to contact us in case of any questions.

I followed all the instructions but still cannot download the pro version.

Blackberry support only has a twitter option and they have not responded to my tweet.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Mike
    10-03-13 03:40 PM
    Try to download and hit the $3.99 green button. If you had paid for it before on a Q5 you shouldn't get charged. It should download from there without going through your payment page. (I have had to purchase an app again for my Z10 after having paid for it on an 8530 Curve from a different developer. Such is the price of progress.)
    Hi All,

I recently upgraded my wife's phone from Curve 8520 to a Q5.

She loves it and the switchover was seamless.

The only issue I am having is that BB World is not detecting that I purchased KVAD Photo Studio Pro.

I have contacted the developer and they provided the following support:

Hi!Pro version for BB10 goes without license codes, so you needn't register after purchase. All features become available for you automatically if you have ever paid for Pro version of application earlier. If all add-ons are unlocked so you just only should install all of them by yourself. If your add-ons are locked, please try to delete the application, restart your device and install the application once again.
    If you can't download Pro version for the second time with your ID you should contact AppWorld support, here is link:
    Official BlackBerry Support - Help & Support for BlackBerry Devices - US

Feel free to contact us in case of any questions.

I followed all the instructions but still cannot download the pro version.

Blackberry support only has a twitter option and they have not responded to my tweet.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Mike
    10-04-13 01:25 AM
    I did try that, I got to the payment option where I could either pay by card or carrier. Must I push on past that?

Thanks for your reply

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 05:41 AM
    That means you'll get charged again. So frustrating that you can't phone BlackBerry.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 UK
    10-04-13 05:58 AM
    That's seems like an unfortunate and annoying situation. Mind if I ask, why not just purchase it once again? I believe the price on that is 3.99 or heck free if you live in Canada.
    This way your wife could be movin' and groovin' again with that Q5.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 06:14 AM
    What ?
    You both the app with a os6 phone and you want it free on the new platform ?
    Not possible !
    Even my pb purchased apps won't be free on my z10.
    I'm not sure if I got your question right.
    If its really an app you bought on the curve, it won't be free reinstall on bb10. It's a new platform.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 06:47 AM
    Yeah, isn't it a new app?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 07:20 AM
    Well the developer said that once you have purchased it on a previous platform it will be free on the BB10, I am going to try BlackBerry buddies first and if that doesn't work I will have to repurchase it.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 12:17 PM
    No ishe doesn't use the curve any more, we just want it on the Q5. On BBOS when you did a switch you would contact KVAD tell them you have changed phones and then they would make your registration code available again.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 12:20 PM
    Why don't you contact the developer?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 12:43 PM
    Why don't you contact the developer?

Posted via CB10
    I did, have a look at my original post, they said I need to look to BlackBerry for support.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 02:37 PM
    Mike, Did you sign in to her Q10 with the same BBID or a different one? (Just thinking of why you can't get the download...)

Trusted Member Genius
    10-08-13 02:01 PM
    OP, you misunderstand the developer's email. He's talking about the Pro version for BB10. If you've ever bought THAT version, you can download it again for free. Your wife's Curve was on a totally different OS and, hence, basically a different app. As you're trying to comprehend it, it would be like saying you bought the Pro version on BB10, moved to an iPhone, and expect to still get the app for free just because you previously bought it under a different OS.

Some developers might do that, but it would be strictly out of courtesy. They have no requirement or expectation to give away a totally new/differently coded app for free.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 07:14 PM