Being an avid BlackBerry loyal, I have always promoted the BB10 line of phones to all my friends and family.

Since the news of strategic alternatives, the quarterly report, the possibility of a sale or going private ; I haven't been able to recommend the phones in good conscience due to the possibility of lack of support for the phones in future.

BlackBerry has been making all these announcements that demotivate customer confidence and have not ran any special campaign for their front line phone - Z30 to gain any kind of customer attention. It is almost destined to be a commercial failure and a possible inventory write down a few months down the line.

BlackBerry should stop releasing any new models and concentrate on building their PR and release newer phones when they have a definite marketing strategy. There is no point making losses by releasing incomplete phones. (a phone without a marketing plan to back it up is an incomplete phone IMO).

The vague mobile computing statements without the capability of these to attract customers is a no go .

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 02:10 PM
    Sure it could be but all the work has been done so there is no reason not to release it. You never know as it could be a hit now that 10.2 is on it and slowly the apps are coming in.
    shupor, DJM626, earlym and 1 others like this.
    10-03-13 02:13 PM
    No. I want a z30 now damnit

Posted via CB10
    larry5 likes this.
    10-03-13 02:13 PM
    Sure if they don't concentrate on promoting the devices, they won't sell them.
    That's unfortunate, since I find the Z30 a gorgeous device. I really like it
    febo2175 and tahabashir1991 like this.
    10-03-13 02:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    So buy one
    higherdestiny likes this.
    10-03-13 02:18 PM
    Sure it could be but all the work has been done so there is no reason not to release it. You never know as it could be a hit now that 10.2 is on it and slowly the apps are coming in.
    Just because work has been done doesn't qualify it for a release when a failure and further losses are certain. Uncertainty of the product acceptance, fear of the future of BlackBerry and zero marketing all together would mean failure.
    They have to come with a product that carves their niche coupled with effective marketing. BlackBerry loyalty is still heavy and can be used towards profitability with lesser volume.

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    10-03-13 02:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    I remember the excitement for the Z10 among the BlackBerry fans. Some left due to the PlayBook fiasco, some disappointed due to the order hardware in Z10 (affects the choice of a long term investment) and others are now scared of what the future holds for BlackBerry.
    The average consumer always considers the life of the product before investing in a product that is worth 700 bucks and going to stay with him or her for two to three years.

PS: I just love swiping up the predictions on the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 02:24 PM
    But marketing and PR was and is the weakest part of BlackBerry

Posted from a Z30 :-) running 10.2.0.1767
    febo2175 and CRACKBERRY_OZ like this.
    10-03-13 02:24 PM

If that attitude of BlackBerry remains, then bye bye BlackBerry. The canadian government would soon be setting up a BlackBerry museum.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 02:27 PM
    I think that BB10 is arguably the best OS on the market today.
    However, that being said, i will never buy another BlackBerry product again.
    Did they not learn from their mistakes years ago? Did they not learn from the mistakes of the Z10 or Q10 launch? The Z30 is now available and yet there is still zero marketing to speak of. If these idiots want to fail, I'm going to join the rest of the mobile world and let them.
    For a company that is supposed to be in the 'smart'phone business, they sure are stupid.
    10-03-13 02:29 PM
    BlackBerry right now has three options.
    1. Go all in with their cash and risk it on a product with amazing features, service and marketing.
    2. Keep playing safe and bleed on blinds.
    3. Cash out and Exit the game.

Just can't make up my mind if I would like to see them press the button 1 or 3.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 02:32 PM
    I think that BB10 is arguably the best OS on the market today.
    However, that being said, i will never buy another BlackBerry product again.
    Did they not learn from their mistakes years ago? Did they not learn from the mistakes of the Z10 or Q10 launch? The Z30 is now available and yet there is still zero marketing to speak of. If these idiots want to fail, I'm going to join the rest of the mobile world and let them.
    For a company that is supposed to be in the 'smart'phone business, they sure are stupid.
    I really don't quite get the juggle between consumer and prosumer. With BB10, they have moved away from the typical corporate user and are being heavily criticized by them. (we all know that the typical prosumers don't want to upgrade from BBOS 7 to BB10. With the new Morden OS, they can sell the product to the general consumer with effective marketing. The prosumer **** is going to make them bleed harder.
    Freeze new releases, design a fantastic product with no compromises. There are plenty of options available to compromise already. Have a grand consumer launch with some good show reminding the world of the BlackBerry brand of innovation. (not an OS launch event dumb enough with the biggest announcement that we have changed our name to BlackBerry. Who the ***k in the consumer world even knew what Research in Motion was). Change comes through the strategy and not name.
    It still is very much Research in Motion to me.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 02:41 PM
    The Z30 is a larger version of the Z10 albeit with an updated OS and some better hardware specs. It is not being promoted or marketed in any visible way. It is not priced promotionally. It is entering a market which has been hearing non-stop about the success of the iPhone 5S and the turmoil at BBRY.

If BBRY is serious about this device, it better start pursuing a serious marketing campaign or else it is just dooming itself to another disaster.
    febo2175 likes this.
    10-03-13 02:41 PM
    The Z30 is a larger version of the Z10 albeit with an updated OS and some better hardware specs. It is not being promoted or marketed in any visible way. It is not priced promotionally. It is entering a market which has been hearing non-stop about the success of the iPhone 5S and the turmoil at BBRY.

If BBRY is serious about this device, it better start pursuing a serious marketing campaign or else it is just dooming itself to another disaster.
    Or simply shelf the launch until they are ready.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 02:43 PM

The Z30 pretty much has the exact same specs as the Z10. The ONLY notable differece is the screen size. Screen resolution is the same and even the processor, albeit different, is basically running the same speed.
    TheZ30 is the exact same phone as the Z10 and i refuse to support BlackBerry based on that and their many other **** ups!!!!! There is no innovation from this company anymore. BlackBerry really is the joke that the everyone in the media has been laughing at.
    AlexXF likes this.
    10-03-13 02:51 PM
    NO GUTS NO GLORY!!!!! BlackBerry don't really have a choice.

BlackBerry right now has three options.
    1. Go all in with their cash and risk it on a product with amazing features, service and marketing.
    2. Keep playing safe and bleed on blinds.
    3. Cash out and Exit the game.

Just can't make up my mind if I would like to see them press the button 1 or 3.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 02:56 PM
    The Z30 pretty much has the exact same specs as the Z10. The ONLY notable differece is the screen size. Screen resolution is the same and even the processor, albeit different, is basically running the same speed.
    TheZ30 is the exact same phone as the Z10 and i refuse to support BlackBerry based on that and their many other **** ups!!!!! There is no innovation from this company anymore. BlackBerry really is the joke that the everyone in the media has been laughing at.
    processor is not the same at all, its about 1.5 years newer and clocked at 1.7 ghz instead of 1.5
    10-03-13 02:57 PM
    I don't think BlackBerry understands where they fit in with bb10. Sometimes prosumers and sometimes consumers. They have built a great OS without any vision for the same.

Now they just don't know what to do with it and how to sell it. Thor completely looks non passionate about the product often giving statements that only come across as attempts to generate interest in the recently launched device.
    For example : at BB10 launch, the touch screens were the future and the Z10 was the focus of BlackBerry and the Q10 was only a product to keep the keyboard enthusiasts satisfied. Check Kevin interviewing him and he goes on to say, he prefers the Z10. Near the Q10 launch (and ofcourse failure of the Z10), the Q10 becomes the BlackBerry premium product and their main focus. By Z30, they have no focus and are only launching the phone since the development on the phone is complete. They only come across as cheap salesmen who lack the ability to even sell a product. He comes across as a boring personality on stage while doing the keynotes.

How can they be doing business in such a cut throat market without a focussed vision. Bet on a vision and go through with it. If you can't build the vision, you have no right to be on that position and earn that many monthly dollars.

Posted via CB10
    solitude1984 likes this.
    10-03-13 02:58 PM

The Z and Q fiasco has destroyed what remained of the brand and the viability of the company. Not sure why they didn't pull the z30, probably wanted one last screw up to finish things off. Very sad that a company with this R&D potential has been destroyed by some of the most pathetic management on the planet.
    10-03-13 03:00 PM
    processor is not the same at all, its about 1.5 years newer and clocked at 1.7 ghz instead of 1.5
    As on today, Apple can make this statement and sell its phone with amazing confidence. BlackBerry lacks even the capability to tell this to the consumers and how it would benefit them.
    Just a faster processor is not going to help them sell more phones. They have to find favour with the consumers though some maker magic or a few magical features. Innovation and focus is the need of the hour. They can't be running all over the place attempting everything they can think of.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 03:04 PM
    How many of you saw this coming after the disappointing keynote at BB10 Launch after a tremendous build up?
    Build Up: we have exciting things lined up at launch.
    The only supposed excitement : We are changing our name from the Little known "Research in Motion " to the popular "BlackBerry " since we will continue to f**k up our strategies and promises.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 03:08 PM
    Yeah prob....sad but true. It's gonna be priced prob same neighbourhood as new iphone and s4.....will an average consumer pay that for a BB?.....you have the answer.
    10-03-13 03:10 PM
    The Z30 and Z10 are NOT exact same phone. Apart from the difference in screen size; the Z30 has better speaker system (better for the "Natural Sound" effect); the "Paratek" antenna which is said to be good in areas where the reception is poor; much bigger battery; faster and (supposedly) buttery; etc.

Btw what innovation has Apple or Samsung come with recently? All the gimmicky stuff the competitors have, BlackBerry has them too although sadly have opted to being conservative and not show the world what they got.

It's okay if you don't like the Z30 for whatever reason but please lets be real. To each their own.

I can't wait to lay my hands on that thing of beauty.
    cdnynot likes this.
    10-03-13 03:11 PM

The Globe and Mail story reinstates faith in Jim and makes me think that Mike L and Thor should not be allowed to enter the BlackBerry management. Just don't know how accurate that story and its perspective is.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 03:11 PM
    The is a good chance however, the aggressive pricing, direct selling, biggest battery, better and bigger screen, it may have a light chance.

Post via CB Z10
    10-03-13 03:16 PM
128 123 ...