Well. I started here last month for info on the BB and the market (OK that wasn't so smart, but I know know many execs need to be burned hung , arrested, etc.) BUT I had already decided to buy a Z10 when my contract allowed it.

That day finally came last week and I really had a hard time making the leap because the posts HERE made me feel like I might be making a mistake.

I did make the leap and I am so IMPRESSED. The phone is truly amazing. I have all the apps I need and use and even side-loaded NetFlix just because I could.

BTW ... bought a white one and intend to keep it logo side up when I am not using it so people know what it is.
    10-03-13 08:09 AM
    Many of us love our BB10 devices despite what you may have read from a vocal minority.
    10-03-13 08:12 AM
    For once I haven't immediately regretted reading a post on CB. Thank you OP, and congratulations on your purchase. It's a great phone!

Posted via CB10
    alan510, Nharzhool, Mic_JP and 2 others like this.
    10-03-13 08:16 AM
    You got past the wall if doom and misery? Impressive, glad you like the phone

Posted via CB10
    wyrdfool likes this.
    10-03-13 08:37 AM
    Well done!! Bold move on your part.
    10-03-13 08:38 AM
    Congratulations, now you have literally the worst phone in the market. Bet you'll be selling it in a week or two.

Not! It's an awesome device OP, although I don't like the white one much, it's still gorgeous. The navigation and fluidity are equal to none, for me at least. You won't regret your purchase, I guarantee.

The phone could be better if the company put their act together, but it's still damn good.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    10-03-13 08:44 AM
    The Z10 - mobile telephonic perfection.
    It is "literally" the best phone currently manufactured by any company. You will not regret your decision...ever.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 08:55 AM
    The apps, price, marketing and advertising could be better but the phone itself is the best.
    10-03-13 09:04 AM

BTW ... bought a white one and intend to keep it logo side up when I am not using it so people know what it is.
    I so do this! Haha

Some tricks.

- Flick down on keyboard to switch from letters to symbols.

- Flick left to delete a word. If you use two fingers to flick, will delete 2 words, etc...

- if you are composing a message, you can nudge the bubble cursor one line at a time by tapping the left, right, up, down of it.

- while the screen is off, swipe up from the bottom to check your screen, without letting go of the glass, swipe back down to shut if off.

- after taking a picture, you can hold on to the small thumb picture and swipe to the middle to view it. (10.2 gives you the option to share or delete right there)

- browser in 10.2, you can flick up on the < button to open up the previous pages.

- install 10.2

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 09:05 AM
    And the sun did shine and sky didn't fall and we can still buy gasoline.

Congrats.
    10-03-13 10:57 AM
    It's pretty sad what your saying about people here trying to discourage you, it's supposed to be the contrary, but anyway glad you picked it up and enjoying it!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 11:22 AM
    The z10 rules! Hands down my favorite phone to date...can't wait to play with z30 Happy u decided to go with YOUR decision and get you a Z10....U r gonna LOVE this OS the more time you spend with it

White STL100-4 OS10.2.0.1761
    10-03-13 11:44 AM
    Great post OP. Glad you enjoy your new phone, at the end of the day if you're happy, that's all that matters.

I got myself a case with a cutout on the back to show the logo. Hate it when someone says "You FINALLY got an iPhone " not that it's any of their business, but now they can see what it is, so I don't have to be annoyed.

Posted via CB10
    dslocumb likes this.
    10-03-13 12:12 PM
    Great choice

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 12:30 PM
    Try a leak! You will LOVE your phone then. They complete your phone

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    10-03-13 12:53 PM
    Great device! Great choice! Welcome!
    10-03-13 12:55 PM
    Great post OP. Glad you enjoy your new phone, at the end of the day if you're happy, that's all that matters.

I got myself a case with a cutout on the back to show the logo. Hate it when someone says "You FINALLY got an iPhone " not that it's any of their business, but now they can see what it is, so I don't have to be annoyed.

Posted via CB10
    I feel exactly the same! Which case did you get? Any pics?
    10-03-13 12:56 PM
    Welcome to the club!

Phone is great (especially on 10.2) and its potential is untouchable.

Really wish that all non 1st party apps were on ALL devices so everyone can really just pick the hardware and OS that works for them. No one can force developers and so we have an amazing phone with great hardware and an underwhelming App selection causing users to look elsewhere.

As for me, I'm going to ride the roller-coaster until the park closes.

(Yes I've used iPhones and Androids and am not impressed with the OS-which is what I use the most).

Posted via CB10
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    10-03-13 01:02 PM
    I so do this! Haha

Some tricks.

- Flick down on keyboard to switch from letters to symbols.

- Flick left to delete a word. If you use two fingers to flick, will delete 2 words, etc...

- if you are composing a message, you can nudge the bubble cursor one line at a time by tapping the left, right, up, down of it.

- while the screen is off, swipe up from the bottom to check your screen, without letting go of the glass, swipe back down to shut if off.

- after taking a picture, you can hold on to the small thumb picture and swipe to the middle to view it. (10.2 gives you the option to share or delete right there)

- browser in 10.2, you can flick up on the < button to open up the previous pages.

- install 10.2

Posted via CB10
    I didn't know about the thumbnail trick to view the picture! I learn something everytime I'm here....thanks
    10-03-13 01:27 PM
    Great post OP, its nice to hear from someone strong enough to not follow the herd(especially with all the bad press lately). I love my ZED and have had no issues what so ever since my purchase! Enjoy!

ZED10, STL100-3, 10.1.0.4181
    10-03-13 01:30 PM
    I didn't know about the thumbnail trick to view the picture! I learn something everytime I'm here....thanks
    Wow didn't know bout that one either.

Have fun with your phone OP. I really enjoy my Zten
    10-03-13 01:36 PM
    I felt exactly the same after buying mine. 0 f+*$ where given that day and so far not a single regret about it.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 01:36 PM
    I gotta say it.......

This has been one of the best threads I've read on CB in what feels to be a LONG time!

Thanks OP for sharing and I'm glad you were of sound mind to look past some of the worst and some legitimate posts, that have been displayed on the forums of late.

As you're a late adoptee of the Z10, you should find your experience to be much more pleasant then some of us early adopters had. As the OS becomes more refined and polished the experience just keeps getting better and better.

And I don't know what app ecosystem you'rw coming from but for me BB10 is leaps and bonds better then whatever we had with legacy BBOS. This of course is a arguable point for many I'm sure but for such a new OS, I've had nothing but BB10 goodness since launch day in Canada on February 5th.

From my Z10 to YOU, BOO-YAH!
    djdragon likes this.
    10-03-13 01:43 PM
    The only thing I can add is you shoulda waited for the Z30. It is Z10 Supreme.
    10-03-13 01:49 PM
    Good for you happy you enjoy it. You have a mind of your own. Good to hear you made a good choice for yourself without paying too much attention to the doom and gloom.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    10-03-13 02:01 PM
75 123