NFC payments with your BlackBerry device.

Requires a Z10/Bold 9900
    CIBC enabled card for NFC
    Rogers suretap sim

More details at the link

Check out CIBC Mobile Payment? App in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/18559189

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    10-01-13 01:35 PM
    So was BB10 support just added?
    Release date says Nov 2012.
    10-01-13 01:55 PM
    Sweet! This is huge! We can finally put that NFC chip to use and use our Z10s to make payments.
    10-01-13 03:30 PM
    Says unavailable for my device? Z10 on bell in toronto

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 03:54 PM
    Anyone know if this will eventually come to Telus/Koodo, or is Rogers only game for near future?
    10-01-13 04:05 PM
    So was BB10 support just added?
    Release date says Nov 2012.
    From the reviews, it looks like BB10 is indeed supported. The bad news: there seem to be some teething problems. It's encouraging to see it available, though, and it will give BB10 phones a huge leg up.
    10-01-13 04:14 PM
    Just downloaded and registered. Patiently waiting for confirmation and password from CIBC now

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 04:29 PM
    Anyone know when this will be available for my q10?? I have the NFC SIM installed and have been waiting for months!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 07:23 PM
    CIBC is dumb. First they said I'm registered and would receive text and password called them back since I didn't get any and now apparently it's only available for BlackBerry Bold.

Clearly no clue what they're doing

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 10:22 PM
    CIBC is dumb. First they said I'm registered and would receive text and password called them back since I didn't get any and now apparently it's only available for BlackBerry Bold.

Clearly no clue what they're doing

Posted via CB10
    Like I said, they seem to be having teething problems. Hopefully they get this ironed out in the next day or two...
    10-02-13 12:04 AM
    Woo-hoo. It works too.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 4
    10-02-13 06:52 AM
    Says unavailable for my device? Z10 on bell in toronto

Posted via CB10
    I'm with Bell as well. Sucks that this is available on Rogers phones only. I tried it on a Roger's Bold 9900 earlier in the year and it was a huge PITA to set up but worked OK once I figured it out. These types of payment options need to be available on all carriers if the banks expect widespread adoption.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 08:45 AM
    It works? How did you get it registered? CIBC customer's services were frustratingly uninformed on the matter.

Woo-hoo. It works too.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 11:08 AM
    Does anyone know if I HAVE TO have a data plan with Rogers? Or does having an NFC Sim card with them good enough?
    I've got a Z10 on prepaid with Rogers. I do have a suretap NFC Sim card.
    Does anyone know if I can use WiFi to set everything up at home and then use it without data at the store?
    OR
    If I can just mobile hotspot using another phone to get WiFi on my Z10 and then make a mobile payment.
    I think this is really cool and want to use this. I just don't have a data plan with Rogers. (Prepaid with text and voice only)

Edit: I just looked at the CIBC Mobile Payment FAQ and from the sounds of it, you don't have to have a Rogers Data plan.

How much does it cost to use CIBC Mobile Payment?
    usual charges may apply from your wireless services provider for the use of data. Making a payment or doing a return does not use data. However, certain events may require the use of data from your data plan, which may result in data charges.
    From what I read in other sources it just sounds like the NFC Sim Card has a special security that stores a proxy credit card number that is linked to your credit card number. So really you don't "Have to" be on Rogers, it's just that Rogers is the only carrier that has the NFC Sim Card.
    Last edited by Andrew4life; 10-02-13 at 08:46 PM.
    10-02-13 08:25 PM
    It works? How did you get it registered? CIBC customer's services were frustratingly uninformed on the matter.
    Posted via CB10
    Registered over the phone in 5 mins. Took another 30 for the verification to come and then when I started the app everything worked
    10-02-13 11:41 PM
    its telling me my sim card is not working....
    10-03-13 01:16 AM
    its telling me my sim card is not working....
    Do you have a "Suretap - NFC" enabled SIM card?
    10-03-13 07:56 AM
    Used the app for the first time today. It drew the attention of the store staff.

One person said "oh cool look on an iphone". I had to break the bad news to her...

BlackBerry Z10 me likey.
    10-04-13 12:42 PM
    It was a pretty big hit at Tim Horton's too
    10-04-13 05:39 PM
    Just used it again at Canadian Tire and it worked perfectly. Except for the long delay for it to start.

10-05-13 11:27 AM
    Still can't get mine to work.. I've had CIBC re-send the registration link 3 times.. it come, I click.. the app opens.. but it doesn't register..

Waiting on a call back from CIBC's tier 2 support which apparently can take 2 days..
    10-05-13 01:52 PM
    I've got the same issue. It's because of our sim I believe. May have to replace it.

Still can't get mine to work.. I've had CIBC re-send the registration link 3 times.. it come, I click.. the app opens.. but it doesn't register..

Waiting on a call back from CIBC's tier 2 support which apparently can take 2 days..

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 03:19 PM
    Does this require SMS for the activation process?

I deactivated SMS from my account since I pay per use for SMS and didn't like paying for spam.
    10-05-13 06:37 PM
    I've got the same issue. It's because of our sim I believe. May have to replace it.

Posted via CB10
    Got a new sim.. tried.. no joy.. did a security wipe.. tried.. no joy.. reloaded my OS.. tried.. no joy.. reloaded the OS again, got a second new sim card.. started the phone from fresh like it was new out of the box.. no settings changed, no restore nothing.. just powered it on fresh.. first and only appI installed was mobile payments.. tried.. no joy..

At this point i'm fairly certain the problem is on CIBC's side.. everything works up until the point I open the link to import the credit card information they send me.. then nothing happens... I think they must be sending me a blank or corrupt file.. maybe there's something wrong on my account, or who knows.. waiting to hear back from CIBC tier two support.

Does this require SMS for the activation process?

I deactivated SMS from my account since I pay per use for SMS and didn't like paying for spam.
    The app asks for sms permissions when installed.. but the notification that comes in is a push notification from the app, it's not an sms.. i'm not sure.. that's not my issue anyway, SMS messages work fine here.. and I do get their notification.. there just doesn't seem to be the required data in it..

When I activated my wife's the moment I opned that file her app sprang to life and populated with her data.. when I open the file I get nothing happens.. there's just gotta be something wrong with that file... i've had the resend it 4 times now, and always the same.. but maybe if there's a backend problem on my account it keeps generating an invalid file..
    10-05-13 08:01 PM
    @just_luc
    Same issue for me. My wife's works great. Mine just says to call Cibc. By any chance do you have a corporate or government account with Rogers? I have the latter and one Rogers rep said that could be it as they have restrictions.
    Also I'm running a 10.2 leak. Not sure if that is an issue

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 05:32 PM
78 123 ...