Complete novice to this - but can anyone give me a heads up on why I when I send by email a saved Excel spreadsheet from my Playbook to my work email the file is ending up corrupted and cant be opened??
    09-30-13 11:05 PM
    Not totally sure, but are the same files coming through corrupted if you send them to other addresses.
    10-01-13 12:27 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry. Sorry your first post is about a problem.

I'm not an Excel expert but it might help others to answer. What version of Excel is on the computer? Is the sheet one created on the playbook or one created elsewhere but edited on the pb? Is the file being sent with a proper Excel file extension?
    10-01-13 12:30 AM
    Complete novice to this - but can anyone give me a heads up on why I when I send by email a saved Excel spreadsheet from my Playbook to my work email the file is ending up corrupted and cant be opened??
    It may be a problem of incompatibility between the version of Excel you are using at work and the Excel version you are using on the playbook. You also don't say whether you are trying to open it at work on the PB or your computer. Do you have the same problem with .doc files? You can try mailing yourself to your home email the file and open it at home to see if that is working. Then if they will let you use your home email at work try opening it there. If your work place has an IT person perhaps you could get an answer there. Are you using DocstoGo to make the spreadsheet? Really it is a pretty weak program for generating spreadsheets except for quite simple ones. It should support .xls and.xlsx formats. I save a lot of PB pics, music, docs and spreadsheets like lists on Box. If they will let you access a cloud account at work you could try that.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-01-13 12:51 AM
    Thanks for the quick responses. Here's some more info.
    I'm using the docstogo on the Playbook to open an email sent from work with the Excel 2013 generated spreadsheet. Then I use the sheet for stock taking purposes on the PB, save it with a new name and xlsx file type and then email it back to my work address. I have an icloud email and will try sending to that as a first off.
    Thanks again for the great support.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 01:22 AM
    I did try mailing myself a spreadsheet and it opened both on the playbook and the Nexus7. But in the past I have encountered the corrupted file problem occasionally. Don't know what to do but dump it and start over.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-01-13 02:01 AM
    Thanks for the quick responses. Here's some more info.
    I'm using the docstogo on the Playbook to open an email sent from work with the Excel 2013 generated spreadsheet. Then I use the sheet for stock taking purposes on the PB, save it with a new name and xlsx file type and then email it back to my work address. I have an icloud email and will try sending to that as a first off.
    Thanks again for the great support.

Posted via CB10
    If you email the 'corrupted' file back to the PlayBook, can the PlayBook open it again?
    Is it a complicated spreadsheet? Maybe it is using features that the PlayBook can't support properly?? You could experiment with a simplified version, and see if the problems goes away. If it does, gradually bring the features back in, and hopefully you can identify what is causing the problem...
    EDIT: Another thought, just as troubleshooting, you could try saving the initial file as an older Excel file type (its an option in the SaveAs Dialog box) and email that to the PlayBook, do your thing with it, and send it back. See if that works.
    k1ward likes this.
    10-01-13 06:41 AM
    Hi guys. Thanks again for all the great advice. Have now found that if we save the sheet as just a xls rather than a xlsx the problem disappears! Great first interaction for me. Rooting for BB!

Posted via CB10
    BioDave1955, FF22 and Carl Estes like this.
    10-01-13 05:13 PM
    In this situation, you can try RecoveryFix for Excel recovery software for the recovery of corrupt or damaged Excel file. This utility recovers tables, numbers, images, formulas, charts, clip art, flow charts, text, worksheets, etc. and software provides two file recovery modes. To know more about the software visit Excel Recovery Tool to Extract and Restore Both XLS and XLSX Spreadsheet Data and download the trial version.
    06-04-14 04:08 AM
    I had similar with Word files using Playbook docs to go and a cloud service (Dropbox).

Some Bell-end shot me down and said this couldn't possibly happen and that seeing it elsewhere on these forums was a figment of my imagination (you know who you are and you make me despair of these forums sometimes).

I downloaded Kingston Office from the Good eBook reader site and sideloaded it. Surprisingly, it was free. Problem solved!

Good luck to you.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 05:57 AM
    Hi guys
    I usually don't participate in forums like this but who knows this may help someone else. Anyways I was doing my inventory on my Bplaybook using Docs to Go and when I was done I sent it over my email. Unfortunately I kept getting an error massage "cannot open file is corrupt' whenever I opened it on PC and It still worked on my BPlayBook. I tried everything you suggested and it didn't work.
    Here is what I did. I uploaded the "corrupt" file on Google Sheets, fortunately Google Sheets opened it and saved it as" created a new name' on my PC. Finally I could open the new file. No loss of Data everything worked fine.

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks to y'all
    11-20-15 05:56 PM