Wth. Columbia Sc. I mean is there a high return rate because of apps or something?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 06:07 PM
    I don't think so. Z10 is really popular in our office. 5/6 upgrades have been from a Bold to a Z10. Only one Q10.

There are more qwerty diehards in some areas though.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 07:36 PM
    Yeah most people I know who have BB10 phones have gone to the Z10. I know 7 people who have made the transition and 6 got the Z10 and 1 got a Q5. Don't know anyone who has a Q10, although a lot of customers that come into my work have them as work phones. I see far more Z10's than anything else though.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 07:53 PM
    Well they sure can't sell them here if they aren't even in the line up.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 08:43 PM
    Well the AT&T store I went to in Baton Rouge has a Z10 on display but it was it dead. I plugged in the charger on it for them. A Customer wanted to play with the Demo and they couldn't and the sale rep could care less. So I let them play withmy Z10 for a bit. The sales rep was not happy with me that I helped them as he was pushing G4. I guess atleast there is still display for the time being.
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    10-01-13 11:34 AM
    Well the AT&T store I went to in Baton Rouge has a Z10 on display but it was it dead. I plugged in the charger on it for them. A Customer wanted to play with the Demo and they couldn't and the sale rep could care less. So I let them play withmy Z10 for a bit. The sales rep was not happy with me that I helped them as he was pushing G4. I guess atleast there is still display for the time being.
    We at CB Nation do our part when the (U.S.) carriers don't! :-)

Sent from my sexy white hot Z10 in Sin City ;-)
    10-01-13 11:51 AM
    Wth. Columbia Sc. I mean is there a high return rate because of apps or something?

Posted via CB10
    That's just strange. Not surprising, but strange. With all those unsold Z10 phones that Blackberry reported, I expect that the mobile phone companies could start pushing the Z10. I know AT&T lowered their price to move the Z10.
    10-01-13 12:15 PM
    More than strange it's rather irritating especially if you talked somebody into going to get one. I went to look at the Q10 to see if the screen magically got brighter and better than the Z10 like some people on here are saying. Sorry that is 2 I have held next to my z10 and it is easily darker and looks like crap next to the other phones there (the screen not the phone) . And worse part it was sitting next to a iPhone 5. It looked ridiculously dark compared to it

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 11:17 PM
    WOW! I experienced the same thing except that both the Q and the Z where dead. No one in the store bothered to help me until I went towards the IPhone display. When i was finally assisted I pulled out my Z10 and asked to see the Q. They could not get a working Q for me to play with so I left a little bummed out.

Eventhough i had never used the Q i took the plunge and bought one. I am now a proud owner of a Q10.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 12:00 AM
    Local carrier told me this past Saturday that they will no longer be selling BlackBerry phones and that if we buy one that the will not be able to support it since they don't have a contract with the company (BlackBerry) . They also said that BlackBerry the company was sold and that there will no longer be BlackBerry phones. I corrected the sales person and said they haven't been sold yet and that BlackBerry was leaving the consumer market only, that they were concentrating on the enterprise and prosumer markets. Then he tries to push an HTC One on my wife as we were there to upgrade her phone.

The local carrier is still selling them on their website so we will be going that route. I am hoping that if something does happen to the hardware that we can work directly with BlackBerry to resolve the issue.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 05:26 AM
    I think that there must be only a dozen OS10 related threads on CB and the other 5000+ keep recycling themselves. (I wont name/ describe them herein but promise to at some future date.) ... Okay guys, as stated in August (actually beginning as early as June), and confirmed no lTer than Sept 1+-: No carrier, at least outside Canada, will re-supply and stock the BlackBerry OS10 products (and, more recently, spreading to OS7 BB phones). Unless the inventory is fronted, carriers are not going to bear the financial and general business risks. Therefore most carriers stopped ordering in June, if not before. There has simply been an inventory run-off and special orders thereafter during the summer. A few random stores have some display models but a vast, vast majority removed even these in early summer, leaving (maybe) a placard and brochures. (No future for carrier to sell BB.)

So this is all old news and an action that carriers hAd long since taken, again, to defend against their perception of exposure to clientele/financial risk. Of course, the wiseness of these curtailment actions was confirmed by the recent confirmations of an imminent distress sale of BlackBerry (likely) to be completed next month.

After this sale--or a few months after-- we can regroup and assess where our BB might be heading with the carriers under, presumptively, new mgmt.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 12:32 PM