Hello,

I've been trying to copy my music to a 32gb microsd card in my Q5 and I'm hitting a wall everytime.
    I want to copy about 15Gb, about 5,000 songs. I'm copying them with an adapter right in my SD card drive in my computer and then I insert the microsd in the phone. However, while copying everything seems ok but after I have it in my Q5, I see that although the album and artist folders are all there, they are empty after certain alphabetical letter. In other words, it seems that somehow the file table gets screwed up past certain number of entries or the capacity is maxed out. After a few tries, it seems that it is capped at around 8gb or roughly 2900 songs.
    Then if I do a chkdsk, everytime I get tthe 'FOUND" folder with all the missing files, corrupted of course and the file manager shows the corrupt folders (which were empty earlier) as a 0 bite file with the folder name.
    I still don't understand what is the problem, it seems like the OS is not able to handle more than 8Gb?. I've tried to split the files in two folders under the root as 'music' and 'music2' but it doesn't make any difference.
    Has anybody run into this problem? The card capacity properties in Windows seems to be correct. I did also a full fat32 format (not quick formatting) which took almost 2 hours but it didn't make any difference.
    Last edited by palosanto; 09-30-13 at 06:39 PM.
    09-30-13 05:50 PM
    Hello,

I've been trying to copy my music to a 32gb microsd card in my Q5 and I'm hitting a wall everytime.
    I want to copy about 15Gb, about 5,000 songs. I'm copying them with an adapter right in my SD card drive in my computer and then I insert the microsd in the phone. However, while copying everything seems ok but after I have it in my Q10, I see that although the album and artist folders are all there, they are empty after certain alphabetical letter. In other words, it seems that somehow the file table gets screwed up past certain number of entries or the capacity is maxed out. After a few tries, it seems that it is capped at around 8gb or roughly 2900 songs.
    Then if I do a chkdsk, everytime I get tthe 'FOUND" folder with all the missing files, corrupted of course and the file manager shows the corrupt folders (which were empty earlier) as a 0 bite file with the folder name.
    I still don't understand what is the problem, it seems like the OS is not able to handle more than 8Gb?. I've tried to split the files in two folders under the root as 'music' and 'music2' but it doesn't make any difference.
    Has anybody run into this problem? The card capacity properties in Windows seems to be correct. I did also a full fat32 format (not quick formatting) which took almost 2 hours but it didn't make any difference.
    As far as I know, BB10 supports up to 64GB microSD cards. Maybe it's a limitation with your Q5?

--Q10 and Canadian all the way! Posted via CB10 on 10.2.0.1443. #IChooseBlackBerry10
    09-30-13 05:54 PM
    As far as I know, BB10 supports up to 64GB microSD cards. Maybe it's a limitation with your Q5?

--Q10 and Canadian all the way! Posted via CB10 on 10.2.0.1443. #IChooseBlackBerry10
    My Z10 has a 64 micro sd, so I would hope the Q5 has the same capability.

For the Op, I have never used a card reader for transferring files and wonder if that is this problem. Faulty reader?

I connect my Zed10 by usb cable to my pc and just drag and drop my files.

I presently have, 1 GB video, 293.2 MB of pictures, 258.1 MB of documents and 52.2 GB of music.
    09-30-13 06:06 PM
    Q5 supports up to 32Gb cards.
    I've tried also to transfer directly via cable with the same results. Actually as I mentioned earlier, the transfer via card adapter directly in the PC is done correctly and the files stay there fine and they all read and write fine and all the files are kept fine. The problem seems to be as soon a I put the card in the phone. I go to the player and the last songs are not there. If I go to the file manager, the folders are now empty (again starting at certain point). Cannot be one of those fake cards that report faulse capacity because it would happen also in the PC. No clue ....
    pbeasley likes this.
    09-30-13 06:21 PM
    I guess the next question is, what brand of card you are you using? And I gather you haven't had the opportunity to try a different one yet?
    09-30-13 06:59 PM
    I can't see the brand now. I'm trying to copy again .... I'll check it out later and no, I haven't tried another one. The previous one was 8gb and it was fine.
    09-30-13 07:04 PM
    I can't see the brand now. I'm trying to copy again .... I'll check it out later and no, I haven't tried another one. The previous one was 8gb and it was fine.
    All the best. Sandisk and Kingston seem to be the brands of choice.

Hopefully the one you're having problems with isn't one of those.
    09-30-13 07:48 PM
    When you remove it from the PC, do you properly eject it from the OS? All the BB10 devices have the exact same SD card support, and i'm happily using a 32gB in my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 07:57 PM
    Word of caution

Look up :

Sosfakeflash

If you bought the card on ebay, there is a good chance it could be a fake flash card. They flash the controller to make it 'say' it has 32Gb. But it really only has 1/2/8Gb.

I've even seen retailers stock those faulty units.

When you write data past 8Gb, it just starts eradicating itself and corrupting files. You can verify this by trying to play those files on your PC after copying.

Posted via CB from my LE
    09-30-13 10:34 PM
    Well, nothing comes cheap. I'm pretty sure that that's a fake one ... sigh
    And the seller disappeared of course, not even a chance to give him sh*t.
    Member id crystalbeaddiy | Feedback Score Of 18027 .... (really)
    After reading the feedback from other people there are many complaints about fake cards.
    I learned my lesson ... not worth it to save a few bucks when messing with data. It could have been worse ... it could be important data.
    Thank you all.
    Heading to a local retailer now and getting a reliable brand.
    10-01-13 11:25 AM
    Sorry to hear that. Better luck on your next purchase.
    10-01-13 11:30 AM
    check out amazon. you can get a 32 gb class 10 card for about $22
    10-01-13 11:35 AM
    Thanks, I will
    10-01-13 11:45 AM
    Same risks there bud. Fake flash cards are even in department stores these days. Amazon is no safer than ebay.

Don't buy any SD cards online if you can avoid it. I'd you do buy one use a true SD memory tool to verify that it isn't fake flash reporting a false file size.

Posted via CB from my LE
    10-01-13 08:22 PM
    Go for a 64 if you can

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    10-01-13 08:30 PM