Hey my Bold bears this Orange logo at the bottom.
    How can I remove it? Has somebody found a solution (scratching, using nail varnish?)

Has anyone tried?

thanks
    10-23-08 01:46 AM
    I did not want to mar my case..so I bought a new non branded case from cnn.cn

they are good and shipping takes a few extra days but worth the wait.
    10-23-08 01:50 AM
    Replace it!
    10-23-08 01:52 AM
    Yea, replace it. The bottom unbranded plate is very cheap and if you don't know how to replace it, there is a video on youtube on how to take the phone apart. It looks very easy, trust me.
    10-23-08 03:08 AM
    Will it ruin the warranty if we change the cover. Dieing to change mine too.
    10-23-08 03:50 AM
    I wouldn't start scratching your cover! You will see marks. That's inevitable.
    I just ordered a new bottom plate (and a black bezel, but that's not relevant), without any carriers name on it.

I do believe that you're warranty will be void after changing the cover. You got six T5 screws holding your bezel on your Bold. On 1 of the screws is a small 'cap'. Don't know what kind of material it is, but repairshops use this to check if you didn't screw around with the "inside" of your BB...

At least that's how it is in Belgium. ;-)
    10-23-08 04:23 AM
    The big advantage of changing the case is that you still have the original case, hopefully in pristine condition. This means tha you can refit this case when the time comes to sell your phone in a couple of years time.

The increased resale value of a phone in near perfect cosmetic condition should help towards the cost of the new unbranded case today.
    10-23-08 04:38 AM
    Will it ruin the warranty if we change the cover. Dieing to change mine too.
    If you take apart the phone, it will void your warranty, BUT I don't know how they will know you took the phone apart, unless if it has a factory sticker that holds some parts together.
    10-23-08 04:04 PM
    If you take apart the phone, it will void your warranty, BUT I don't know how they will know you took the phone apart, unless if it has a factory sticker that holds some parts together.
    I know the 8300 series has a sticker over one of the screws so they will knwo you took it apart. I believe Bold's have them as well.
    10-23-08 04:23 PM
    I know the 8300 series has a sticker over one of the screws so they will knwo you took it apart. I believe Bold's have them as well.

Yep. .
    10-23-08 04:29 PM
    I read on some thread on CB that the bottom brand plate is just stuck on the device with really strong double sided tape and you can just rip the bottom plate off the Bold without taking apart the phone....BUT that post could be inaccurate so don't my post in full consideration cuz I don't want you to ruin your Bold. Maybe you can carefully take the sticker off when you take apart your Bold? *shrugs*
    10-24-08 02:05 AM
    You can remove the bottom part (with the brand logo) without removing the case itself.

There's several threads on this already
    10-24-08 02:18 AM
    You're going to think I'm making this up, but google it if you want. Take a sugar cube and just rub it on the logo. It wont scratch the case, and it'll slowly take the logo off.

I used to have a phone with a huge nasty cingular logo on the back, and this worked perfectly.

MacGyver Tip: De-logo your cell phone with a sugar cube
    10-24-08 02:23 AM
    You're going to think I'm making this up, but google it if you want. Take a sugar cube and just rub it on the logo. It wont scratch the case, and it'll slowly take the logo off.

I used to have a phone with a huge nasty cingular logo on the back, and this worked perfectly.

MacGyver Tip: De-logo your cell phone with a sugar cube
    Surely a dry cube will scratch the surface ?
    06-18-10 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD