Kantar Worldpanel is out with their latest stats on market share for sales in some major markets around the world. What is surprising the me is that although overall BB sales are very low, they are growing in most markets.

I chose to look at the numbers since the launch of BB10. First column shows Blackberry's sales share ending April (Feb, Mar, Apr) and the second column looks at sales ending August (June, July, August). Except for Great Britain, every other country shows growth.

Numbers attached below:

Kantar Worldpanel shows growth in BB10 sales-marketshare.jpg
    09-30-13 11:48 AM
    I'd be curious to see for Canada.
    Alphax45 and Sexy Sadie like this.
    09-30-13 11:51 AM
    That's too bad that they are planning to exit the consumer market. Looks like given the time they could have made some headway.....or they all know this and want to scoop the company up at a discount now.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 11:54 AM
    I'd be curious to see for Canada.
    Gartner never publishes stats for Canada, but I would also want to know how sales are doing there.
    09-30-13 11:55 AM
    That's too bad that they are planning to exit the consumer market. Looks like given the time they could have made some headway.....or they all know this and want to scoop the company up at a discount now.

Posted via CB10
    Latest earnings showed that they shipped almost zero BB10. I dont see how they can be increasing their sales.
    09-30-13 11:58 AM
    Latest earnings showed that they shipped almost zero BB10. I dont see how they can be increasing their sales.
    Could be from previous quarter's shipments finally selling through? Not sure how all the numbers play out or get manipulated.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 12:00 PM
    Unfortunately, though, when you compare the August figures with those from August of last year, they are all decreases, in some cases (e.g., GB) huge ones.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    09-30-13 12:00 PM
    I think sales are doing great here. I see 2-3 a day

Posted via my white Z10. LG banter- blackberry bold 9900- Z10
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    09-30-13 12:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lol, they are not exiting the consumer market

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 12:47 PM
    might be OS 7 sales....you never know
    09-30-13 12:50 PM
    Lol, they are not exiting the consumer market

Posted via CB10
    So what does this mean to you? (taken from another thread on here started by zzbsb). This was Prem's quote:

Globeandmail:
    Fairfax

He said exactly what I think about Blackberry:

[B]�It�s a good company, it�s a good product. Otherwise nothing could help it,� he says. �Can it compete in the consumer market with Apple and Samsung and the Android? No, we think that�s very tough. But in the enterprise market they�ve got huge advantage.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-30-13 12:51 PM

Company saved. Cancel the sale. BBRY is moving 2 OR 3 phones a day. Take that Apple.
    09-30-13 01:09 PM
    cant believe totally about the accuracy of this research
    09-30-13 01:21 PM
    might be OS 7 sales....you never know
    I doubt os7 sales would be increasing now..

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 01:27 PM

Care to share where you are located?
    09-30-13 02:54 PM
    Kantar Worldpanel is out with their latest stats on market share for sales in some major markets around the world. What is surprising the me is that although overall BB sales are very low, they are growing in most markets.

I chose to look at the numbers since the launch of BB10. First column shows Blackberry's sales share ending April (Feb, Mar, Apr) and the second column looks at sales ending August (June, July, August). Except for Great Britain, every other country shows growth.

Numbers attached below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marketshare.jpg 
Views:	2100 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	206518
    Good so now people here can start pummeling the people in the UK and lay off the United States since we showed growth and they showed declines, right?
    newcollector likes this.
    09-30-13 03:58 PM
    while the figures do show some growths, they also don't really show what that means. I mean whats that in units? for example theres a 34% drop in the uk, but theres a 67% growth in Australia. that doesn't mean they dropped 100 customers in the UK and picked up 200 in aus so they are net 100 up though (figures just for demo obviously). without knowing the actual numbers and how that translates into handset sales its actually kinda meaningless. and that's beforfe you price in the mix, like is that Q10 Z10 or what? did they make a lot of cash on the growth side or was it bare bones pricing on the cheaper Q5?

I agree that if there is growth then its a good thing, but lets not mis understand the figures either, percentages are pointless without the numbers behind them to give them value.

Also as someone else stated, theres no conclusive proof this isn't BBOS related growth (9720 for example) or that it is BB10 growth. thread title cant be backed up.
    imz likes this.
    09-30-13 05:04 PM
    Care to share where you are located?
    Sad part is that he is located at BB headquarters in Waterloo
    09-30-13 05:14 PM

heres the problem, you mention 2 in your signature, so that means you see 1 extra per day at most! lol jus kidding haha
    09-30-13 05:24 PM
    A lot of people are confused about this.

Previously they reported "devices shipped to stores". However, last week they switched and started reporting "devices actually sold to customers" instead.

The switch was made because the inventory was piling up in the stores and so there might be returns that they need to account for. However, this switch also confused a lot of people because they had not reported actual sales before.

The key thing is that BB10 sales are continuing, but not at the levels that were hoped for. BB10 sales are hanging on, but they are not great. That is why there are some gains, even if BB is not on the path to dominance again.
    app_Developer and mithrazor like this.
    09-30-13 06:09 PM
    I doubt os7 sales would be increasing now..

Posted via CB10
    WARNING, ANECDOTAL INFO FOLLOWS:

I have a friend responsible for about 1K BlackBerries. Everything he has now is OS7. He's buying more OS7 as replacements. He thinks he can get at least 2-3 more years with them.
    09-30-13 09:26 PM
    WARNING, ANECDOTAL INFO FOLLOWS:

I have a friend responsible for about 1K BlackBerries. Everything he has now is OS7. He's buying more OS7 as replacements. He thinks he can get at least 2-3 more years with them.
    He owns a store?

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10
    10-01-13 12:57 AM
    I went through and tracked down the various Kantar reports and put together a summary of the data. If you take your window that you chose of m/e April to m/e August, what you don't see from the data is the typical variance in the values. In other words, from the way you've presented the data it's not clear if you're viewing trends and actual growth/decline or just...nominal variation.

So I put together another chart which I've posted below and this one shows your data, but also I included the data for 3 m/e June and July as well. Honestly looking at this data, you can see the marketshare jumping around quite a bit more and in fact I think this is representative of noise in the data rather than any really strong trends to be divined.

Kantar Worldpanel shows growth in BB10 sales-screen-shot-2013-10-01-4.31.24-pm.png

It's kind of like picking the data window that most suits your point of view. For example, here is the latest Kantar report itself showing YoY declines for BlackBerry in every market: http://www.kantarworldpanel.com/dwl....wnloads&id=304
    10-01-13 01:38 AM
    I went through and tracked down the various Kantar reports and put together a summary of the data. If you take your window that you chose of m/e April to m/e August, what you don't see from the data is the typical variance in the values. In other words, from the way you've presented the data it's not clear if you're viewing trends and actual growth/decline or just...nominal variation.

So I put together another chart which I've posted below and this one shows your data, but also I included the data for 3 m/e June and July as well. Honestly looking at this data, you can see the marketshare jumping around quite a bit more and in fact I think this is representative of noise in the data rather than any really strong trends to be divined.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-10-01 at 4.31.24 PM.png 
Views:	777 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	206761

It's kind of like picking the data window that most suits your point of view. For example, here is the latest Kantar report itself showing YoY declines for BlackBerry in every market: http://www.kantarworldpanel.com/dwl....wnloads&id=304
    Thanks. Good work. I was about to do something similar -just out of principle - I looked at the stats this morning.

I say out of principle because the argument is academic anyways - we know the outcome for BB as evidenced by their report. We can also clearly see that TINY fluctuations aside, BB has droppped a great deal since last year, and bb10 has failed.

At the percentages we're talking, the fluctuation literally is an extra 2-3 phones a day! ;-) OH...KAY...not LITERALLY....
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    10-01-13 04:46 AM
    If I were to guess, I'd say the little bump in the US comes from the Q10. That's the diehard QWERTY fanbase talking. Still miniscule numbers overall in the US, though. Also, note that while Mexico is (barely) in double figures percentage wise, when you look at the numbers from the same time last year, BB had over 33% of the market there. China -- huh? A zero percent market share. Or I guess it was below 0.05%.
    richardat likes this.
    10-01-13 05:53 AM
89 123 ...