Hi all,

I've searched the forums and there are several posts about this... it looks like a number of people are affected, but no solution has surfaced that I've found.

I have two hotmail and two Gmail accounts on my phone. A week ago, my primary hotmail account stopped showing up in the hub. The second hotmail account and the two Gmail accounts were unaffected.

I tried updating the password, and it gives an 'unexpected error' and cancels the command.

I can delete and re-add the account, and it works for about 5 minutes, then disappears again. Ie, the account is there, but 'no entries in this view' in the hub. Sometimes, you see messages, select one, but it shows the contents of a different message, and then it's all empty again.

I have tried deleting, then re-adding the account with sync times of 30 days or 'forever ' -- same result. I have tried deleting, restarting the phone and doing battery pulls, then re-adding... same result. I have tried switching which account is primary for email and calendar... same result. I can login to hotmail on my computer with no issues.

Again, the other hotmail account is completely unaffected, and nothing on my phone changed prior to this occurring a week ago. I haven't loaded new programs or a new OS.

I have, however, tried all the suggestions in previous posts about this... and nothing has worked. As near as I can figure, the problem is persistent but is only affecting a small portion of accounts. I've found posts from mid-Aug, then another crop of them in late Sept which correspond with my time line, roughly.

Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    RichardAitch likes this.
    09-30-13 09:10 AM
    I'm having the same issue, and haven't been able to find a fix yet.
    09-30-13 09:41 AM
    Have you tried to login to your Hotmail with browser on a desktop PC? Sometimes the ID gets locked, or needs reauthorization both can't be handled by mobile clients. My outlook.com and my Hotmail accounts work fine on my Z10.

Posted via CB10 1.4.2 on Z10 10.1.0.4181 on the Rogers Network
    09-30-13 09:49 AM
    Here are my advanced settings for my accounts.

Persistent Hotmail problem-img_00000383.png

Posted via CB10 1.4.2 on Z10 10.1.0.4181 on the Rogers Network
    09-30-13 09:57 AM
    I've logged in with no problems from a PC.

However! Thanks for the screen shot of your advanced settings! Mine is identical except it says bay-m. I changed mine to say blu-m, and it's still working an hour later. I rechecked just now and it has set itself back to bay-m... yet it's still there. Also, the unaffected account is bay-m so maybe this is a red herring.

Will post here if it seems to resolve.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 12:22 PM
    ... and it's still working. Maybe tweaking the server address fixed it?

If anyone else with this problem tries this, could you post your results?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 03:29 PM
    You will need to contact Microsoft and they will refresh your account and can switch you to an alternate server on their end.

Refer to the Microsoft Support page and ask for help in the forums there. I did that when my contacts weren't syncing and they finally fixed it for me.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-30-13 03:34 PM
    I have 2 hotmailaccounts with the same settings but one is not working. My settings are:dub-mail.hotmail.come.
    10-09-13 01:54 AM
    My Z10 upgraded to leaked 10.2.0.1767. Problem of syncing of 163.com e.mail account, have been pulled battery and tried resetting few times .dont what is happening.
    10-09-13 02:14 AM
    I have three hotmail/outlook email and two of them work, and one of them does not. Having the same problem as you. I have logged into my account from a PC but it still doesn't work. Anyone have the contact information for Microsoft?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 02:31 PM
    My Z10 has started with exact same issues. Delted,added again.Some email came back for a few min then gone again.BB support was clueless.

Nothings seems to work

Also having issues accessing music files from music player (can see in file manager but not in music).

All my apps got scrambled around last reboot and now having issues downloading music from BlackBerry world.

All started with last 10.1 update from Bell.

Not a happy guy.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 01:34 PM
    Mines bay-m

I had the problem before, but what I did was I changed my sync settings from forever, to 30 days, then back to forever.

Also worth noting that I didn't see the effect immediately. It was syncing, but slowly. I just kept checking to see if new emails from different dates show up.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 04:26 PM