sorry this seemed the most suitable category to post

are there going to be any new blackberry 10 devices thats a mix between Q5/bolds or curves
    with trackpads aswell

i really want a Q5/Q10 with a trackpad
    using this Q5 makes me want to get an older blackberry
    thanks
    09-30-13 08:46 AM

are there going to be any new blackberry 10 devices thats a mix between Q5/bolds or curves
    with trackpads aswell

thanks
    They aren't even able to market the devices they have for sale now so why the h�ll would they even attempt to release another device?

Sounds silly to me...
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    09-30-13 08:49 AM
    i dont know - im just asking because im deciding whether to throw away my Q5 to get an android that looks like a blackberry
    -trackpad
    -qwerty keyboard
    09-30-13 08:57 AM
    i dont know - im just asking because im deciding whether to throw away my Q5 to get an android that looks like a blackberry
    -trackpad
    -qwerty keyboard
    You're not going to find an android with those features. If you want android, get android....if you want a trackpad or qwerty keyboard...get a legacy device and suffer with the black clock, no apps, lag etc.
    09-30-13 09:04 AM
    I'm also waiting to see if there is a better qwerty device coming out. I can't do this virtual keyboard thing anymore. The z10 is a great phone, but I miss being able to type quickly.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 09:17 PM
    I'm also waiting to see if there is a better qwerty device coming out. I can't do this virtual keyboard thing anymore. The z10 is a great phone, but I miss being able to type quickly.

Posted via CB10
    Then get a Q10
    10-03-13 02:20 AM
    Then get a Q10
    I could but I don't want to get one and then they announce a Q30 or something similar. They pulled a pretty ugly trick with the z10 and z30, and I'd prefer not to buy a phone that is planned for almost immediate obsolescence.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 07:09 AM
    I could but I don't want to get one and then they announce a Q30 or something similar. They pulled a pretty ugly trick with the z10 and z30, and I'd prefer not to buy a phone that is planned for almost immediate obsolescence.

Posted via CB10
    Yer I see what you're saying. BlackBerry always does that BS...same crap happened with me (9800 - 9810)
    10-03-13 07:22 AM

with trackpads aswell

thanks
    If you had ever used a PlayBook by remote controlling it over Bridge from a BBOS phone with a trackpad you'd know why it just isn't a good every day way to use a BB10 phone. All you end up doing is having to scroll a mouse pointer around all over the screen to mimick the gestures.

For selecting text accurately, which is the only scenario I've found where a trackpad is a good method, a virtual trackpad on screen is all that is needed, not a physical trackpad that takes up valuable space and makes the screen smaller or the handset bigger to accomodate it.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 07:51 PM
    Observation- There's a portion of the market that wants track pads & keyboards. Its a mater of taste and not something you can really argue about. But...The current CEO is dead set against track pads so for the moment the answer is no. Maybe the next CEO will feel differently. Or Samsung might make a copy of the Blackberry Bold. I can certainly see that happening. They seem to prefer copying over innovation.
    ------------
    PS; "a virtual trackpad on screen is all that is needed"
    yes, That part really baffles me. It's not like it would cost them a lot of money.
    Last edited by Bookshelf; 10-04-13 at 07:54 AM.
    10-03-13 08:49 PM
    BlackBerry announced two new high-end 4G models annually.

The strategy seems to be gradual phasing out of legacy models (by stopping battery manufacture initially).

Both Qwerty & Touch versions have demand. So form factors will be retained & specs boosted.
    10-08-13 08:31 AM
    i want touch screen aswell...
    10-09-13 02:00 PM
    oh and i think the trackpad and other buttons could replace where the word blackberry is on the q5
    thanks
    10-09-13 02:00 PM