I'm need a screen protector for the Bold when it releases for AT&T and I was wondering (for those that have the invisible shield on the Bold) does the film make the screen a little dark.

I have a iPhone and so does my buddy, and he has a screen protector on his but I don't, and when we compare our phones next to each others, his screen has a weird color tint to it and you can tell that there is a screen protector. It made his iPhone's screen look kinda cloudy. When he saw mine, he said "why is yours so shiny?" I need the protection because I heard the Bold's screen gets scratched easily but I don't want a film protector if it's going to ruin the display of the Bold's screen.
    10-23-08 12:20 AM
    the newer iphones have a more yellow-ish screen compared to the old one.

the invisible shield is pretty much... invisible.
    10-23-08 12:34 AM
    the newer iphones have a more yellow-ish screen compared to the old one.

the invisible shield is pretty much... invisible.
    I second that! I highly recommend either Invisible shield or Bestskinsever.
    10-23-08 12:36 AM
    I might just pick up an invisible shield myself after reading the horror story of the screen being scratched with minimal use.
    10-23-08 02:28 AM
    Me and my friend's iPhones are both 1st generation iPhones. Maybe he got some cheap brand screen protector. *shrugs* But thanks for everyone's input. I appreciate it!

(I feel ashamed saying that I have a iPhone)
    10-23-08 03:00 AM
    ...(I feel ashamed saying that I have a iPhone)
    Don't worry. Everyone makes mistakes. jk

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 06:24 AM
    I have added invisible shield on my bold couple of days ago. I did not notice any changes or any kind of tint.

In fact the invisible shield eliminated the fingerprints that the glass screen is prone on. I can take some pictures get home tonight and post if you guys would like to check the invisible shield out.
    10-23-08 07:11 AM
    I can tell who of my friends were using my phone, when I was out of the room, when there is no screen protector on it... Their ears stay on the screen and I already know, how whos ears look like)
    awful thing)
    10-23-08 02:51 PM
    I have added invisible shield on my bold couple of days ago. I did not notice any changes or any kind of tint.

In fact the invisible shield eliminated the fingerprints that the glass screen is prone on. I can take some pictures get home tonight and post if you guys would like to check the invisible shield out.
    The screen is glass? I thought it was some hard plastic. And sure, a picture would be nice! Thanks for your input!
    10-23-08 04:01 PM

That will be awesome! Thanks!
    10-23-08 04:04 PM
    I would love to see your pics - I have been thinking of getting one myself!!
    10-23-08 04:22 PM

Yes please! Just ordered one, would like to see what it looks like.
    10-23-08 07:42 PM
    I just put an Invisible Shield from Zagg on my 8330 and love it so far. It does not distort the image at all. It seems to even help with the ear grease too! I like that I do not need a micro fibe or sunglasses cloth to clean the screen anymore, now the junk just wipes right off.

10-23-08 07:48 PM
    Here are some pictures. Sorry guys my camera is not very good. It will not let me attach because the files are to big. Here is couple of links to photo bucket:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...d/IMG_0786.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...d/IMG_0802.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...d/IMG_0806.jpg
    10-23-08 09:02 PM
    Tomorrow is payday! jk

Thanks for the pics. I have the Invisible Shield already - just need the Bold.
    10-23-08 09:08 PM
    Here are some pictures. Sorry guys my camera is not very good. It will not let me attach because the files are to big. Here is couple of links to photo bucket:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...d/IMG_0786.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...d/IMG_0802.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...d/IMG_0806.jpg
    Looks great, thanks for the pics!
    10-23-08 09:37 PM
    Are people going with the screen or full body coverage?
    10-23-08 09:45 PM
    i've put an anti spy screen guard on my bold, sure it look a bit dim but it's worth it
    10-23-08 11:27 PM
    i've put an anti spy screen guard on my bold, sure it look a bit dim but it's worth it
    where did you get it?
    10-24-08 12:01 AM
    I have th invis shield and it does not make my screen any darker its actually better since ur screen is nice and clear m.. No fingerprints or smudges!!!! I def recommend the invis shield to every bold owners!

10-24-08 12:13 AM
    Out of all the pics I've seen of the Bold's screen, your pics are the ones that actually really show how HD the Bold's screen is. All the other ones I've seen in reviews and posts of other peoples Bold, they all have glares or really blurry shots. I really didn't imagine how HD the Bold's screen is until you showed me yours. Such a beautiful device! Congrats on your ownership!
    10-24-08 02:09 AM
    I use a BSE (I realize this thread was started in regard to IS, but I thought it was related, sorry if it's not welcome) on both my Curve and my iPod Classic. I don't feel that it darkens the screen at all.

I'm due for changing up my BSE soon, maybe I'll cut the current one in half and take a pic of it to see a side by side comparison!
    10-24-08 02:13 AM
    where did you get it?
    at a phone store in Indonesia, do you want one?
    10-24-08 02:57 AM
    Out of all the pics I've seen of the Bold's screen, your pics are the ones that actually really show how HD the Bold's screen is. All the other ones I've seen in reviews and posts of other peoples Bold, they all have glares or really blurry shots. I really didn't imagine how HD the Bold's screen is until you showed me yours. Such a beautiful device! Congrats on your ownership!
    Thanks mfang210. I am sure you guys know but after you put the invisible shield on it will looks it best after couple of days. The first couple of days you may have a few small air pockets or bubbles but after a few days they vanish and it looks great, protects the screen and you do not get the fingerprint and ear prints on the screen as you do with out the shield on.

Does anyone have the shield for the keyboard? and if you do how do you like it or not?
    10-24-08 06:36 AM
    Here is the only thing that the Invisible Shield will do to distort your screen. Link If you look at the last two pictures you will notice an orange peel effect when you look at the screen at an awkward angle. You only really notice it when you are looking for it. If you are looking at the phone like you would do everyday, for the most part straight at it, you will not have any problems
    10-24-08 10:33 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD