Well, after much thought and consideration, I've decided to kick Sprint to the curb. I will be taking my number to AT&T (as well as the other phone I have on my business plan), and getting the new Bold for myself and one of my employees on November 4th. I will be terminating my contract early, but I will fight with Sprint to let me out without paying the termination fee, as they did not deliver EVDO as they promised over a YEAR ago (they even had it posted on their Web site)!!!

Though I realize that AT&T will be a bit more expensive, I am looking forward to the 3G network. Even the EDGE network is better than what I get with Sprint here in Lubbock, Texas!

It's a shame to leave Sprint after all these years, but times are changing, and now my cell phone service will be as well! Good riddance, Sprint!
    10-22-08 11:45 PM
    Bye enjoy your bold!!!!
    10-23-08 12:20 AM
    Sorry to see you leave Sprint. I know that Sprint's EVDO is faster than EDGE, so you must of had network problems or low coverage in texas. Sorry to hear.
    10-23-08 04:28 AM
    Sprint is great, where it has good coverage, but in West Texas AT&T does indeed have superior coverage, not only to Sprint, but to the other competition as well.

Enjoy that new Bold!
    10-23-08 08:33 AM
    lol congratulations!!!

now you don't have to wait 3years for rim phones!!
    10-23-08 08:36 AM
    OP, do you attend Tech???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 12:02 PM
    Sorry you're leaving. I guess it's okay to pay more per month in exchange for faster network speeds and better coverage. Too bad cuz Sprint needs to keep all the customers it can.
    10-23-08 09:49 PM
    What an "*****" i've been with sprint for about 11 years, and they have had the best coverage,costomer service and Plans above all......You'll be back. Like a dog with your tail between ur legs>>>
    10-25-08 07:56 PM
    Enjoy your bold. Good luck with AT&T.

10-25-08 08:08 PM
    GSM carriers might get the newest BB's first but Sprint goes a step further with adding the additional memory and such.

10-26-08 12:21 AM
    ^^^^ Exactly - its seems like the CDMA versions always corrects the mistakes of the GSM versions....

This is the one thing that keeps me sane about CDMA getting 2nd fiddle to GSM
    10-26-08 06:45 AM
    damng good luck i work for att but would never choose them as my carrier. u will pay more for less. o yea unless u getting a bold other blackberry's on att run on edge
    10-26-08 01:03 PM
    u will pay more for less.
    Sooo true....pay 30% more and get 30% less services.
    10-26-08 01:09 PM
    I'll be leaving either when my contract ends in March or if the pro-rated EFT takes place this year like Sprint Promised I will be leaving sooner. Sprint was a good deal for me until I took a new job with a great discount for Verizon. My bill will come out to pretty much the same, plus I get MMS and the Storm when it comes out.
    10-28-08 01:08 PM
    Dont let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya...
    10-28-08 04:15 PM
    GSM carriers might get the newest BB's first but Sprint goes a step further with adding the additional memory and such.

Sprint doesn't add the memory or do the upgrades, RIM does. Sprint provided a SD memory card for the Curve, and that was it. As for the 8800 series, they didn't upgrade anything from the GSM version as far as I know. I'm not hating on Sprint, just clarifying things.
    10-28-08 10:07 PM
    I got Sprint and I used to sing their praises, but that time is over. I have had a billing issue for months now, and its really annoying. I understand the OP's pain. Basically they are charging me for text messaging and I got a BIS plan, which includes text. So I called in and they corrected it the first couple months, now they are saying you got so many credits we can give you anymore. Well lets see you charge me incorrectly, again, and now you are saying I have to pay for the unjustified charges. =/ Hopefully something wakes Sprint up, if not I think I will have to leave the Berry Community, sadly. =(
    10-29-08 08:59 AM
    I have been with Sprint since 98 and am considering leaving as well.... I just hate not having new phones.... Yes I get a ton for my Everything Plan plus BES... I just keep thinking how nice it would be to get a phone when it is released and not 14 months later...

But I will probably stay..... I don't have any problems with Sprint at all really..... except the 'old' phones.
    10-31-08 05:16 PM
    Sorry your leaving a great company.... and to pay 30% more you got it spend it!!! but the EVDO is better then EDGE

one more thing, u can't bet the $99 bucks to $149 for unlimited
    10-31-08 05:45 PM
    I'll be leaving either when my contract ends in March or if the pro-rated EFT takes place this year like Sprint Promised I will be leaving sooner. Sprint was a good deal for me until I took a new job with a great discount for Verizon. My bill will come out to pretty much the same, plus I get MMS and the Storm when it comes out.
    I heard the EFT rates will only apply to new contracts opened after they initiate the EFT. I was hoping to get out of my contract this year but now I must wait until July. So i'll wait and wait and wait. Hopefully by then Sprint will have a new phone.
    I love Sprint, I just don't like the lack of new phones.
    11-05-08 06:34 PM
    I heard the EFT rates will only apply to new contracts opened after they initiate the EFT. I was hoping to get out of my contract this year but now I must wait until July. So i'll wait and wait and wait. Hopefully by then Sprint will have a new phone.
    I love Sprint, I just don't like the lack of new phones.
    That's correct. I'm in the position of leaving Sprint because moving to AT&T will end up being cheaper. Unfortunately I have 3 lines and a data card so they're about to hit me for $800 in ETF fees. I'm going to attempt to talk them down from that height, but my experience with most Sprint reps ususlly goes somewhere along the lines of them saying (nicely of course) "FSCK you, pay me". Funny thing is that even with the $800 in ETFs it's still cheaper for me to move.
    12-11-08 10:31 PM
    It's sad to hear customers leaving Sprint. I've had a great experience with them. Their prices can't be touched by anyone else and I've also had good interactions with customer care. And in my area, Sprint has the best overall coverage for cell service.

Best wishes for the future. Unfortunately every company has both the good and the bad. For me it comes down to how much I'm willing to pay for it. My .02
    12-12-08 06:08 AM
    It's sad to hear customers leaving Sprint. I've had a great experience with them. Their prices can't be touched by anyone else and I've also had good interactions with customer care. And in my area, Sprint has the best overall coverage for cell service.

Best wishes for the future. Unfortunately every company has both the good and the bad. For me it comes down to how much I'm willing to pay for it. My .02
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not thrilled about leaving Sprint. I've been with them for 8 years for a reason! Unfortunately it just makes sense financially to move now that I'm getting married. My Fiancee pulls a 20% discount for being a Starbucks employee!
    12-12-08 10:35 AM
    People who leave like that are little whinny people who don't know the true facts. Sprint might not have some good things but they have an unbeatable price. I like to see anywhere else match because THEY CAN'T. Stop complaining about how sprint is and that. Sick of hearing the crap! I switched over my service from Verzion to Sprint and not had an issue yet. I pay a higher phone bill but this is PDA phone, the thing has everything i want and it has a straight up one time price every month! I don't worry about my calls because 7 pm rocks my soxs when the calls are free. You dont get that anywhere else do ya? Thought so! Go ahead and be the big baby you are because you want out because of a tech error you could fight over and get something that had what you was looking for and still be under contract. You are also sad for the fact you are like the Storm users, they switched to get that dam phone and they are pissed off with it, so go get your little ***** bold phone and enjoy a high *** bill every dam month. Sorry but I am chewing him a new one!
    12-12-08 01:31 PM
    Leaving for coverage I can understand, although the only coverage variable would be CDMA to GSM, CDMA to CDMA it’s all very close. For price I have no idea how leaving Sprint for ATT could be a good move, especially out way $800 in ETF’s, there is no way. And switching carriers just because of a device, wow, haven’t seen one yet that makes me want to pay more a month for. And with the addition of this things are going to get interesting Untitled Document
    12-12-08 03:12 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD