The title says it all really. I don't know many cell phone manufacturers that survive just by making cell phones and whatever can be attributed to them. Blackberry has it's own stores just selling a couple of phones? They need to branch out if they're going to survive. Example: In Europe, there was a report that some geek was able to unlock a soccer stars house from the Wifi signal. The house was all automated. And even was able to shut down the home alarm all from his laptop on the street. The show continued with explaining how easy it is and that the security is really weak and while many of the rich including movie and music stars already have these systems.

I'm not trying to be an Blackberry armchair CEO. But instead an Apple armchair CEO. Apple will have a full integrated hub for home and small business in the future. People will call it innovative and the next best thing since sliced bread. Blackberry should look into producing a central hub for home/business automation with high security. It's a niche market with no heavy players. With millions to be made. Blackberry can have a system ready to be publicly shown by 3rd quarter next year.

This is just one example I see. There's so many things they can tap into. Blackberry can't survive by just focusing on phones. No one has before them.
    Last edited by Cozz4ever; 09-29-13 at 07:03 AM.
    09-29-13 06:32 AM
    Lets just see if they survive first.
    09-29-13 06:44 AM
    They could make a tablet...

...the PlayBook didn't get the support it needed to be successful.

They could integrate into the automotive industry and supply interfaces for cars...

...QNX is making a lot of headway in this field, with several manufacturers already on board.

I'm still hopeful that they can start to turn the phone side around. The lack of direction within BlackBerry still needs to be addressed. If they can do that, then the company should pull through all of this.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 07:37 AM
    I think there is a possible future in providing enterprise software and services, even without producing phones.
    09-30-13 06:05 AM
    I think they will make a phone or two to compliment their enterprise software line. A one-shop solution for a narrow market...whoever that is.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    09-30-13 07:38 AM
    They already do other stuff besides making phones.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 09:36 AM
    Although to follow up on my earlier post, I just read somewhere that the Android and iOS support on BES10 is kind of half-baked, at least compared to other MDM offerings. That's not good. If they're not going to make handsets but will be focusing instead on "enterprise solutions," where can they go if their current enterprise offerings for non-BBs are subpar?
    09-30-13 09:55 AM
    Although to follow up on my earlier post, I just read somewhere that the Android and iOS support on BES10 is kind of half-baked, at least compared to other MDM offerings. That's not good. If they're not going to make handsets but will be focusing instead on "enterprise solutions," where can they go if their current enterprise offerings for non-BBs are subpar?
    Seems to be the norm for BlackBerry lately. Let's get it out there then fix with software updates possibly later!

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 11:12 AM