I started testing app load times, angry birds star wars the z10 won, Facebook the z10 won, slacker the 5s won, and then tried futureshop.com on the native browsers and the z10 won by a long shot. So what's the big deal with this phone again?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 02:16 PM
    That it can transmit your fingerprint to apple and the NSA.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 02:18 PM
    It has critical mass.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 02:18 PM
    The spirit of Steve is telling the true believers they must have it. You sir, are a heretic!
    Jahcure, ATMJOE, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    09-28-13 02:19 PM
    So what's the big deal with this phone again?

Posted via CB10
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh! You'll awaken the beast.

Outta here before it gets ugly.
    09-28-13 02:21 PM
    I'm a BlackBerry fan thru and thru but let's not kid ourselves. 9million devices in a weekend for sales is insane. I don't see anything special about it ( my wife has it) but the beauty of apple products is that they work. They just do.
    No side loading. No leaks to install. No workarounds. Not my cup of tea, but clearly they've done something right again.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    09-28-13 02:25 PM
    I'm a BlackBerry fan thru and thru but let's not kid ourselves. 9million devices in a weekend for sales is insane. I don't see anything special about it ( my wife has it) but the beauty of apple products is that they work. They just do.
    No side loading. No leaks to install. No workarounds. Not my cup of tea, but clearly they've done something right again.

Yes it has great sales. But again, what's the big deal again? Why did it sell 9 million? What did they do other than re release the same phone for 2 years in a row?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 02:28 PM
    I started testing app load times, angry birds star wars the z10 won, Facebook the z10 won, slacker the 5s won, and then tried futureshop.com on the native browsers and the z10 won by a long shot. So what's the big deal with this phone again?

Posted via CB10
    I know and you know that Z10 is better but most people don't know and that's where marketing comes in. Blackberry has done a lousy job of marketing BB10 phones. I love the Z10. Even if there was no app, I would still buy it for the browser.
    09-28-13 02:32 PM

I think these numbers are inflated or at least not being compared properly. They had a simultaneous launch in 15 countries this time, including China. We all know things change fast in the tech sector. From what I see Apple is quite slow to change as well and will have similar fate to Blackberry. Where is the bigger phone?
    09-28-13 02:37 PM
    Yes it has great sales. But again, what's the big deal again? Why did it sell 9 million? What did they do other than re release the same phone for 2 years in a row?

Posted via CB10
    Not that it matters if you're making money, but I've always wondered if these are new customers or just the same people wanting the latest and supposed greatest of a product they already own.

If you're not expanding your consumer base, as what is happening to BlackBerry, then sales figures don't really impress me.

Kinda like buying the same make of car or voting for the same party without considering there may be alternatives.
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    09-28-13 02:39 PM
    Agree that stuff just works but they also have a very powerful eco-system

Posted via CB10
    Mel25 likes this.
    09-28-13 02:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry but its not the same phone....the hardware was upgraded, processor revamped and made more robust, architecture upgraded to 64 bit, etc....its called the 5"S" for a reason.....apple is not saying its a COMPLETELY new devices, they are clearly marketing it as an upgrade....so lets put some perspective on what the device is supposed to do....it works and sells....what more could anyone possibly as for in a piece of electronics?
    Last edited by Pradeep Parekh; 09-30-13 at 09:31 AM.
    09-28-13 02:45 PM
    I believe the numbers include the ones they sell to the carriers and stores.

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    09-28-13 02:47 PM
    I like the build quality of iPhones. They look alright and feel solid. That's about all the iPhone does for me.
    09-28-13 02:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have the same thought myself! Lol its mind boggling to say the least. Further to that I can't understand why BB10 is not selling the way it should. Supposedly blackberry has an installed base of 60 million + users worldwide then if only say 10% of those users changed over to BB10 there should 6 million phones sold anyone want to explain this to me!

Posted via CB10
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    09-28-13 02:54 PM
    That it can transmit your fingerprint to apple and the NSA.

Posted via CB10
    Oh stop

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    09-28-13 02:56 PM
    I'm sorry but its not the same phone....the hardware was upgraded, processor revamped and made more orbust, architecture upgraded to 64 bit, etc....its called the 5"S" for a reason.....apple is not saying its a cOMPLETELY new devices, they are clearly marketing it as an upgrade....so lets put some perspective on what the device is supposed to do....it works and sells....what more could anyone possibly as for in a piece of electronics?
    Excitement. That what I ask for in a new piece of electronics. That xmas morning opening presents excitement. I got that when I got my Z. Got that when I got 10.1, when I loaded 10.2, got it a day or two ago when I realized what the toast notifications actually did. IPhone hasn't had excitement since the 4.

People argue 'iPhone just works'. They're absolutely right. But their putting the focus on the wrong word. 'iPhone JUST works'. That's all it does.... just works... nothing exciting there.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 03:02 PM
    Obviously same customers are buying new models. This is an industrywide issue as there are over 6 billion mobile phones in use worldwide.

Pin - 219D20AF
    09-28-13 03:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Because the masses like familiar things, they also like things that work, they like ease of use, they like the ecosystem and they like to know the company is going to be around. Not saying that bb10 is difficult by any means and I do like it but it's new and we all know the rest. It also isn't the same phone.
    09-28-13 03:04 PM
    Not that it matters if you're making money, but I've always wondered if these are new customers or just the same people wanting the latest and supposed greatest of a product they already own.

If you're not expanding your consumer base, as what is happening to BlackBerry, then sales figures don't really impress me.

Kinda like buying the same make of car or voting for the same party without considering there may be alternatives.
    It's the same people wanting the latest and greatest. No problem with that, I did the same with the Z10 but to break the chains BlackBerry had to do something big in the marketing sphere. Not just the amount but also the quality and to come up with virtually nothing and when it did land all it told people was to 'Keep Moving '... oh dear.

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    09-28-13 03:05 PM
    I have the same thought myself! Lol its mind boggling to say the least. Further to that I can't understand why BB10 is not selling the way it should. Supposedly blackberry has an installed base of 60 million + users worldwide then if only say 10% of those users changed over to BB10 there should 6 million phones sold anyone want to explain this to me!

Posted via CB10
    1. BlackBerry does not market the phones. 2. BlackBerry has bad press.

The amount of hidden features in bb10 is amazing but one wouldn't know it if it wasn't for place like this, the way it operates is great, the demo setup for the phones in stores is ***. BlackBerry sometimes have live demos setup at some events which is fine but they needed to have these in stores. Send your own reps to demo your product say on weekends. A lot of companies do this, but BlackBerry think they are apple and think the phones will sell itself. Plus apple knows this, that's why they created the stores. Every weekend BlackBerry should have had live demos in the largest stores to sell their phones. Just my opinion. Frank should have been fired after the super bowl ad lol

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 03:08 PM
    Marketing is great thing and Apple does it well, it does not mean their products are amazing, it just means they know how to push a product,
    I have the Z10 I love it, the key word is I , and maybe someone else likes an Apple or an Android more power to them, do I feel Z10 is better for me yes, for what I want and need most definitely, it's a mini office computer the whole nine yards, and most importantly very straightforward to use, and fast ,
    So have your Apple Jacks, but I like Berry's thank you,
    09-28-13 03:08 PM
    The iPhone 5S? What's the big deal?

Better build quality, better design, better specs, better camera, better app ecosystem, better value than anything BlackBerry.

If that doesn't matter to you then sure - no big deal.

It's the standard of phone BlackBerry needed to build, and hasn't.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 03:16 PM
    I think these numbers are inflated or at least not being compared properly. They had a simultaneous launch in 15 countries this time, including China. We all know things change fast in the tech sector. From what I see Apple is quite slow to change as well and will have similar fate to Blackberry. Where is the bigger phone?
    This.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 03:20 PM
    The iPhone 5S? What's the big deal?

Better build quality, better design, better specs, better camera, better app ecosystem, better value than anything BlackBerry.

If that doesn't matter to you then sure - no big deal.

It's the standard of phone BlackBerry needed to build, and hasn't.

Posted via CB10
    I think apple and blackberry are trying to capture different markets of consumers. I think apple does well and makes a quality phone for a general consumer, and it does everything it can do very well.

But I think blackberry is more innovative in their ideas of an operating system than apple currently is. And now with the release of Ios 7 it is clear apple is playing catch up in terms of software. They may have the hardware and apps that people rely on, but they are lacking the innovation they need in their design and os to continue to thrive in the future.

Posted via CB10
    DuexNoir and scrapmetal58 like this.
    09-28-13 03:23 PM
323 123 ...