Hye everybody,

Sorry if this has been answered already. I search the forums frequently and couldn't find this issue addressed specifically.

Problem: My SMS/Text message history has delay loading.

Question: Is there an option to auto delete message history or only keep them for X amount of days or set time? I've noticed its only with contacts I have a long history of messages with. What seems to fix the issue is deleting the chat/history and then after it starts loading instantly again.

I'm using a Q10 and have noticed it still with all the leaks I've loaded as well.
    09-27-13 01:43 PM
    Same issue here.
    Can I ask, when this happens to you, does it prevent you from sms'ing anyone else until the original chat loads?
    I found that when this happens, it can take up to ten minutes to sort itself out, and during that time I can not sms anyone else.
    I feel like turning off mobile data and network speeds it up, but that may just be my perception of time passing because I am occupied.
    cnote221 likes this.
    09-27-13 01:50 PM
    Hi cnote, I don't see an option to 'only keep for x days' or delete history in text messages. If you have a long message history, yes it will load more slowly as there is more to load. If you don't care about the messages I would continue to delete history to quicken the loading. P.S. I am on stock 10.1.0.4200 so not sure about other versions.
    cnote221 likes this.
    09-27-13 01:56 PM
    Yeah I've noticed that as well but is intermittent. Sometimes I can send the message fine, sometimes the history does have to load before it will send.
    Same issue here.
    Can I ask, when this happens to you, does it prevent you from sms'ing anyone else until the original chat loads?
    I found that when this happens, it can take up to ten minutes to sort itself out, and during that time I can not sms anyone else.
    I feel like turning off mobile data and network speeds it up, but that may just be my perception of time passing because I am occupied.
    09-27-13 02:19 PM
    Ok, I was wanting to make sure I didn't overlook the option somewhere. My 9700 had that option I wouldn't have imagined it going away. Just continue deleting the chat is the way I'll go until something gets baked into a OS revision .
    Hi cnote, I don't see an option to 'only keep for x days' or delete history in text messages. If you have a long message history, yes it will load more slowly as there is more to load. If you don't care about the messages I would continue to delete history to quicken the loading. P.S. I am on stock 10.1.0.4200 so not sure about other versions.
    09-27-13 02:26 PM
    Anybody know who on the forum we can contact to give OS update suggestions? I like how all the feedback from our crackberry community helped to get the android bar reverted to the toggle option instead of permanently fixed. I finally went back to the 10.2 leaks once that happened.
    09-27-13 02:31 PM