Xitij Ritesh Patel, who is listed as an Android developer at Instagram on his twitter profile, recently posted this picture that was geo-tagged as coming from Instagram HQ. I know it's not much, but nice to see that BlackBerry phones are at least at the Instagram offices.

Interesting post on Instagram from an Android developer at Instagram-insta.jpg
    09-27-13 07:57 AM
    Hoping for some news with this
    09-27-13 08:44 AM
    Tell the mofo to port the app to BlackBerry World.... takes 5 mins...

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 08:49 AM
    Pretty much this.
    09-27-13 08:54 AM
    Looks like he's a Blackberry dev on the side.

He's the guy who won tried to win that mintchip challenge by soliciting votes from CB and there was a big stink about it.

Xitij Ritesh Patel - Canada | LinkedIn
    09-27-13 08:55 AM
    Tell the mofo to port the app to BlackBerry World.... takes 5 mins...

Posted via CB10
    Ahahah, well played sir, well played

Posted via my Z10
    09-27-13 09:04 AM
    I don't see why he would have the BB phones unless he was going to work on getting a native app, or even ported..It's amazing what one app could possibly do for BB, in a good way. I don't really use Instagram, other than just scrolling through maybe once a week on my Q10... mostly just scroll through and look at others that I'm following. I would still like to see it be available though.
    mystic84 likes this.
    09-27-13 09:15 AM
    I don't see why he would have the BB phones unless he was going to work on getting a native app, or even ported..It's amazing what one app could possibly do for BB, in a good way. I don't really use Instagram, other than just scrolling through maybe once a week on my Q10... mostly just scroll through and look at others that I'm following. I would still like to see it be available though.
    Maybe he's developing an app of his own.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 09:34 AM
    I don't see why he would have the BB phones unless he was going to work on getting a native app, or even ported..
    He's worked at RIM in the past and he's a University of Waterloo engineering grad. Sounds like just the type who would keep up with BB phones, despite currently working (since only last month) on the Android Instagram app.

He may well even have Instagram sideloaded, but I doubt he's in a position to dictate that Instagram make a BB10 version. The decision not to has already been made, and was made by someone much higher up in the food chain.
    09-27-13 10:25 AM
    This was in another thread, he's just an android developer at instagram who likes to use BlackBerry, he's been giving feedback to BlackBerry for improving the runtime to work with instagram better.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 12:32 PM
    it's been confirmed that instagram isn't coming to bb10
    09-27-13 01:14 PM
    it's been confirmed that instagram isn't coming to bb10
    No, it was confirmed that instagram isn't in the works for BB10 as of right now. It never said never.
    Arny cua and SK122387 like this.
    09-27-13 02:11 PM
    No, it was confirmed that instagram isn't in the works for BB10 as of right now. It never said never.
    So if it wasn't in the works in a quarter that showed decent platform growth, you think it'll be in the works after the platform is declining?
    09-27-13 02:14 PM
    So if it wasn't in the works in a quarter that showed decent platform growth, you think it'll be in the works after the platform is declining?
    If palms where greased better anything is possible.
    09-27-13 02:19 PM
    I know this is CB but some people need to come to the realization the platform is dead. This is like the last days of WebOS. The pile of cash is disappearing fast. Only a matter of time before that's gone as well. Then what?
    09-27-13 02:19 PM
    I know this is CB but some people need to come to the realization the platform is dead. This is like the last days of WebOS. The pile of cash is disappearing fast. Only a matter of time before that's gone as well. Then what?
    OpenBB10

/s

Posted via CB10
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    09-27-13 02:22 PM
    Ok so,dying and dead is the same to you?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 02:25 PM
    Who knows why the heck Instagram guys don't want to release the app for BB??

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 02:38 PM
    Who knows why the heck Instagram guys don't want to release the app for BB??

Posted via CB10
    Because it isn't worth their time?
    avt123 likes this.
    09-27-13 03:03 PM
    I am not sure what this guy is up to. I feel like he is playing with my emotions.
    in_loco_nomen likes this.
    09-27-13 03:11 PM
    I never said never lol
    09-27-13 03:29 PM
    Because it isn't worth their time?
    Making apps is their job. It's not worth their time releasing their app for BlackBerry users, even if they're considerably less then Apple and Samsung ones? In the end it means expanding their business, doesnt it?

Instagram behavior unfortunately smells like hell like: "BlackBerry is dead, no one will care if BB users won't have our app".

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 03:33 PM
    It doesn't matter what I think.
    My point is that words matter. Not happening as of yet, does not equate to never.
    SK122387 likes this.
    09-27-13 03:43 PM
    I never said never lol
    No you just said isn't coming.
    Which implies that it IS NOT coming.
    But that's not what was said.
    What was said is that it's not planned as of now.
    One leaves hope, the other doesn't.

Eg. I'm not coming to your birthday party vs I'm not coming to your birthday party right now.
    One says no the other implies maybe later.
    09-27-13 03:46 PM
    Making apps is their job. It's not worth their time releasing their app for BlackBerry users, even if they're considerably less then Apple and Samsung ones? In the end it means expanding their business, doesnt it?

Instagram behavior unfortunately smells like hell like: "BlackBerry is dead, no one will care if BB users won't have our app".

Posted via CB10
    They would have to hire more developers, spend time and money developing an app to serve what? A few million? Their app is available to over 90% of the market, why would they cater to ~4%? That isn't expanding business, that's a bad investment. I'd love a native app, but I also understand how much work that would be and I can't fathom the effort for a platform that's in rapid decline.
    09-27-13 03:47 PM
80 123 ...