Go figure...Here's what the geniuses at Blackberry tout in their product release announcement for its new phone...don't they understand we primarily want a next generation phone that works and otherwise performs better than the previous one (not a device that constitutes a step backwards) and that we really don't care about these features that they highlight (except longer batter is always good):

� BlackBerry� Priority Hub � BlackBerry� Hub is the one place to manage all your conversations and notifications. The new BlackBerry Priority Hub can now learn what conversations and what people are important to you making it fast and easy to find the messages and information you need. It collects priority messages across your email, social networking and other accounts and gives you instant access to the conversations most important to you to help you stay organized and focused on the most important tasks.

SoxFan: personally, I don't like the hub.

� BBM� Now in Any App and Message Previews Everywhere � BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2 continues to refine the unique communications experience of the platform. You can now get a preview of any message as it arrives in whatever app you�re using, and immediately dismiss it or tap it to read the full content and respond. If a BBM message arrives, you can instantly reply to the message without even leaving the app you�re in. In addition, if your phone is locked, you can tap the various icons on the Lock Screen to see an instant preview of your most recent messages and notifications.

SoxFan: Who cares? I had no problem using BBM with the few people I had linked up to BBM with. My kids never had any problems using group BBMs until they ditched their Blackberries for iPhones.

� 5″ Super AMOLED Display � The BlackBerry Z30 smartphone features the latest in display technology with a 5″ Super AMOLED display that makes whatever you�re running larger, clearer and more vivid. The smartphone also houses many top of the line components, including a 1.7 GHz processor with quadcore graphics that makes browsing web pages faster and games more detailed.

SoxFan: Nost businessmen don't carry a purse and prefer smaller devices to bigger devices, given that they are carriting their devices in their pockets, although I can see a subset of the market preferring larger screens, including senior citizens.

� Stereo Audio and BlackBerry� Natural Sound� The BlackBerry Z30 smartphone comes with stereo speakers that immerse you in your music, videos, apps and games, and makes conversations sound like you�re face-to-face. BlackBerry Natural Sound is new technology exclusive to BlackBerry and part of BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2 that makes BBM Voice and BBM Video chats sound more natural and realistic. BlackBerry Natural Sound lets you hear nuances and variations in tone, making conversations sound like you�re in the same room.

SoxFan: If I want good sound, I'll buy a Jambox. I want a good email device. Instead, I get crap.

� New Antenna Technology � The BlackBerry Z30 smartphone features BlackBerry�s new generation antenna technology that dynamically tunes reception to give you better connectivity in low signal areas. BlackBerry� Paratek Antenna can give you faster data transfers and fewer dropped calls in low signal areas, keeping you connected in more places.

SoxFan: great, but I'm generally in high signal areas.

� Longer Battery Life � The BlackBerry Z30 smartphone includes a 2880 mAh battery, the largest battery ever built into a BlackBerry smartphone. Combined with the battery enhancements in BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2, you can get up to 25 hours of mixed use* to keep you moving from dawn �til dawn.

SoxFan: Now that's great, if I believe it...my battery reality never comes close to the company's claims, but longer is better than shorter. I would take the batter life of the first generation of the Bold. I could often go 2-3 days w/o recharging. Those days are long gone.

So many displaced priorities. So many billions and billions of dollars down the tube. So many upset and disappointed customers. So much wasted time and money forced on its customers. Such a shame.
    09-26-13 07:47 AM
    someone move this to the armchair ceo section. lol.
    VJMotz, ukmight, SPNKr and 9 others like this.
    09-26-13 07:50 AM
    My Z10 works great and am very pleased with it. The HUB is great and better than anything else out there. I don't know what you think the next generation is, but BB10 is a great OS. This is the best email device that I have used/tested. What problem are you having? You say this is a step backwards? Backwards to what? It is the next on the Z line and it has a better CPU/GPU, sound, antenna. Please tell us what is a step backwards to the Z10.
    CDM76, VJMotz, hf199 and 5 others like this.
    09-26-13 07:52 AM
    Maybe the phone isn't geared towards your specific persona, lol. Have you thought about that?

Almost everyone out there boasts about the smallest feature, even crappy ones.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-26-13 07:55 AM
    While BB does a TERRIBLE job with announcements, this is indeed your personal opinion. And I am also moving this thread.
    BBThemes, akabbani, Saiga and 6 others like this.
    09-26-13 07:59 AM
    Maybe the phone isn't geared towards your specific persona, lol. Have you thought about that?

Almost everyone out there boasts about the smallest feature, even crappy ones.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    The point is that these are the features that Blackberry thinks are most important. I didn't edit this down to five features...this is the entirety of the list of features the company decided to highlight.
    Roo Zilla and angad7.10 like this.
    09-26-13 08:06 AM
    While BB does a TERRIBLE job with announcements, this is indeed your personal opinion. And I am also moving this thread.
    I wish Blackberry was as adept at making phones that function well and competitively as it is with announcements!
    09-26-13 08:07 AM
    I wish Blackberry was as adept at making phones that function well and competitively as it is with announcements!
    If you hate Blackberry, why are you here and what do you think you are going to accomplish.
    09-26-13 08:12 AM
    I think this set sounds like a great upgrade, personally.
    09-26-13 08:35 AM
    If you hate Blackberry, why are you here and what do you think you are going to accomplish.
    Maybe the poster wants people to switch to there device. It's funny if you don't use their product of choice it must be because we are stupid and just haven't realized that our opinions and preferences are wrong.

I have an issue with my Keyboard and the VZW tech offered to switch me to another brand. I laughed at him.

Posted via CB10
    I don't hate Blackberry. I am disappointed with them. I am frustrated by them. They have cost me a lot of time and money.

I post because I hope someone on the manufacturing side listens and fixes things, or introduces a new product that's better, or maybe I can save other people the time and money that I've wasted by learning the hard way. And sometimes some people on these boards have solutions or workarounds that could be useful. Share and share alike.
    harlemsfinest27 likes this.
    Maybe the poster wants people to switch to there device. It's funny if you don't use their product of choice it must be because we are stupid and just haven't realized that our opinions and preferences are wrong.

I have an issue with my Keyboard and the VZW tech offered to switch me to another brand. I laughed at him.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. I don't get these posters. "I hate Blackberry, Blackberry is crap, Blackberry is done and dead. But I love posting to the Crackberry forum." Some people need to get a life.
    Pdinos3, yvpan1 and xBURK like this.
    09-26-13 08:40 AM
    Why are YOU continually telling people that they shouldn't be posting here unless they are worshipful or at least completely uncritical of BlackBerry?

And why do you think that just because someone is critical, that means they "hate" BlackBerry?
    Saiga, kbz1960, mikeo007 and 13 others like this.
    09-26-13 08:40 AM
    I don't hate Blackberry. I am disappointed with them. I am frustrated by them. They have cost me a lot of time and money.

I post because I hope someone on the manufacturing side listens and fixes things, or introduces a new product that's better, or maybe I can save other people the time and money that I've wasted by learning the hard way. And sometimes some people on these boards have solutions or workarounds that could be useful. Share and share alike.
    The product me is great. Hasn't cost me time or money. To say that this new product is a step backwards is just plain false.
    Kimberella likes this.
    09-26-13 08:42 AM
    Why are YOU continually telling people that they shouldn't be posting here unless they are worshipful or at least completely uncritical of BlackBerry?

And why do you think that just because someone is critical, that means they "hate" BlackBerry?
    Says the man who no longer uses Blackberry products. If you don't use the products, why post to the forum?

Saying Blackberry is dead. Z30 is DOA is not being critical.
    09-26-13 08:43 AM
    Says the man who no longer uses Blackberry products. If you don't use the products, why post to the forum?
    Right, that's your primary qualification for posting here: one must still be using a BB, and then of course must only say uncritical things about it.

As I said elsewhere to you, I had a BB for 12 years up until this year. I contributed A LOT in the device specific forums, long before you ever got here in March of last year. But I'm no longer entitled to post here, eh?

Thanks for your opinion.
    09-26-13 08:44 AM
    Right, that's your primary qualification for posting here: one must still be using a BB, and then of course must only say uncritical things about it.
    Again. Why would someone who doesn't use a Blackberry product post to a Blackberry forum? You must have real regrets moving away if you need to come back and post all the time.

And again. Saying that the Z10 is a dog. Blackberry is dead. The products are crap. The Z30 is a step backward from a Z10. The Z30 is DOA isn't being critical. It is just trolling.
    dslocumb and wincyUt like this.
    09-26-13 08:48 AM
    Specs do matter to many esp when you buy something with better specs for less money than the lower speced device.

So what about me? I'm still using a 9850 and a playbook, I've been critical of BBRY. Am I allowed to still post here?
    09-26-13 08:56 AM
    Specs do matter to many esp when you buy something with better specs for less money than the lower speced device.

So what about me? I'm still using a 9850 and a playbook, I've been critical of BBRY. Am I allowed to still post here?
    I am critical of BBRY also. Marketing needs to step it up. That is their biggest downfall. But as I pointed out, Saying that the Z10 is a dog. Blackberry is dead. The products are crap. The Z30 is a step backward from a Z10. The Z30 is DOA isn't being critical. It is just trolling.
    kbz1960 and AggreX like this.
    09-26-13 08:58 AM
    Again. Why would someone who doesn't use a Blackberry product post to a Blackberry forum? You must have real regrets moving away if you need to come back and post all the time.

And again. Saying that the Z10 is a dog. Blackberry is dead. The products are crap. The Z30 is a step backward from a Z10. The Z30 is DOA isn't being critical. It is just trolling.
    You can be a FAN without owning a device.

You can be realistic and want the company that produces the device you are a fan of, to not make the same mistakes over and over - critical, yes.... but also being constructive.

I don't know what the real definition of a Troll is, nor do I care. This Forum has a very cool feature - click on any persons profile and add them to your ignore list if you so choose. Then send them a PM to let them know that you can no longer hear them... that really get them
    richardat, Anilu7 and xBURK like this.
    09-26-13 09:00 AM

As I said elsewhere to you, I had a BB for 12 years up until this year. I contributed A LOT in the device specific forums, long before you ever got here in March of last year. But I'm no longer entitled to post here, eh?

Thanks for your opinion.
    But if you are no longer interested in the product and only want to be critical, how is that contributing anymore? If you have nothing to contributed other than to cut down those who still support the product and the company then I think it is time to cut the apron strings.
    wincyUt likes this.
    09-26-13 09:01 AM
    Considering the number of GS4's I've been deploying at work, businessmen have no problem with a 5" phone. I don't have a problem with a 5" phone. I suppose skinny jean wearing hipsters might have an issue, but they ain't businessmen anyway and probably do carry a man purse.
    09-26-13 09:04 AM
    You can be a FAN without owning a device. You can be realistic and want the company that produces the device you are a fan of, to not make the same mistakes over and over - critical, yes.... but also being constructive.
    Yes. I agree with you. The problem is the a lot of the posters who no longer have the device are not being constructive by just being negative. And if they think that BBRY is dead, why post if you have already written off the company. You can't be constructive if there is nothing to be gained.
    09-26-13 09:04 AM
    But if you are no longer interested in the product and only want to be critical, how is that contributing anymore? If you have nothing to contributed other than to cut down those who still support the product and the company then I think it is time to cut the apron strings.
    As I said, thanks for your opinion. And, as I also indicated, I will use it and a MetroCard to get on the subway.
    09-26-13 09:05 AM
    You say that the Z30 is a waste of money for a variety of reasons. What phone would you have BB build that would please you ?
    09-26-13 09:05 AM
166 123 ...