Before i had my z10 i owned a 8520 curve , when i got my z10 i gave my father my old phone (this is important). When i select bbm, it prompts a {blackberry id ( my email) is already associated with bbm on another device. do you want to switch your bbm to your current device} so when i select yes, it just say [service error]. Now when i exit bbm i can see my contacts update and profile picture through live tile.
    Now my fathers phone ( because it was somehow linked to my email ) his bbm also got messed up, so i have done everything in the book, factory reset, restore, everything to both phones.
    so can anyone help
    os-10.1.0.4181
    model-STL 100-3
    sidenote- i am typing this at 2am, im super tired and have been trying to fix this issue since tuesday night at 11pm so i am sorry if i am not clear, thank you.
    09-26-13 01:07 AM
    You cannot have the same BBID on 2 devices simultaneously.
    Have your father wipe his 8520 device and then create a new BBID/Email for it.

I say to wipe your father's device because yours appears to be utilizing the primary BBID on the Z10 when you switched.

I hope I understood you properly for this answer.

HTH
    09-26-13 01:38 AM
    You cannot have the same BBID on 2 devices simultaneously.
    Have your father wipe his 8520 device and then create a new BBID/Email for it.

I say to wipe your father's device because yours appears to be utilizing the primary BBID on the Z10 when you switched.

I hope I understood you properly for this answer.

HTH
    This is not entirely accurate.

I use the same bbid on my z10, q10, and 2 play books simultaneously. You can only use BBM with one device at a time because it is tied to the pin but you can simultaneously have your bbid tied to up to 6 devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 02:09 AM
    This is not entirely accurate.

I use the same bbid on my z10, q10, and 2 play books simultaneously. You can only use BBM with one device at a time because it is tied to the pin but you can simultaneously have your bbid tied to up to 6 devices.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Maybe I should have been a bit more specific, meaning that 2 different users should avoid using the same BBID due to the confusion the OP described.
    http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

What do you suggest?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 09:02 AM
    Thank you for your suggestion, when tried removing my bbd from the 8520 it won't allow me do it. So i had to make a new blackberry Id. Agan than both you and mr.Benjamin for your help.
    09-26-13 09:01 PM
    Update so it turns out without adding bbm channels to my phone it will never work.
    So in short bbm channel fixes the issue.
    09-27-13 03:04 AM