I've noticed in the last two days some very positive articles on new BlackBerry accounts. This one really surprised me.

Pentagon will outfit military networks with latest BlackBerry smartphones - Washington Business Journal
    jafrul, laketrout73 and danprown like this.
    09-25-13 03:21 PM
    Nice to see some positive regarding BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 03:25 PM
    *waits for someone to come in and discredit the article and say BlackBerry is dead anyways*.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    09-25-13 03:35 PM
    That article is hogwash. BlackBerry is dead. Thorsten is 55 million dollars richer. Rabble rabble rabble.
    09-25-13 03:41 PM
    HE'S NOT DEAD, he's just pining for the fiords of Norway........

(Monty Python fans are the only ones that will only get this....)
    09-25-13 03:50 PM
    Anyone read the original article that the article here is misquoting? Go and read it and then come back and tells us the difference between the two.
    adjdudley21 and kevinnugent like this.
    09-25-13 03:53 PM
    New software, old devices
    09-25-13 03:57 PM
    New software, old devices?
    We have a winner! (no devices actually).
    09-25-13 03:59 PM
    New software, old devices
    It wasn't the Blackberrry spokesperson who downplayed the hardware business, it was the writer. People have to get a clue that Blackberry is more than the most secure handset company, but also a leading MDM software provider.
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    09-25-13 04:02 PM
    Ah, still good news anyway you look at it.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 04:08 PM
    Ah, still good news anyway you look at it.

Posted via CB10
    The transition from handset maker to services provider.
    09-25-13 04:11 PM
    The transition from handset maker to services provider.
    If you think that Blackberry wasn't a services provider in the past, no wonder you are wrong in your statements. They have always been a handset maker AND service provider and will continue to do so.
    09-25-13 04:13 PM
    If you think that Blackberry wasn't a services provider in the past, no wonder you are wrong in your statements. They have always been a handset maker AND service provider and will continue to do so.
    Lol!
    09-25-13 04:15 PM
    Lol!
    Laughing at yourself and your comment that they are in "transition from handset maker to services provider". How can you transition to a services provider when they already where. Now if you meant to say that they a dropping the handset maker part of the business, then you wouldn't be totally wrong. But you would still be wrong!!
    09-25-13 04:22 PM
    Lol what did I say? People were going to come in and discredit the post and again bring the doom stuff jeez just let BlackBerry be, i know you guys are all hurt, but stop making it miserable for everyone else. If you don't like the platform anymore, if you're taking personal, if you wanna go around and discredit and nitpick every single article and piece of information why be here? You guys obviously lost all respect and liking for BlackBerry why stick around? You guys would be happier if you switched.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    09-25-13 04:27 PM
    Are you really a handset maker if nobody buys your phones? Sales appear to be dismal.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 04:47 PM
    For the life of me, I can't figure out why people come here and deliberately find negativity in something you don't care for to begin with? Is your basement getting to you? I don't get it?

I can only see this news as positive. This is how BlackBerry became popular to begin with. Get the latest hardware or software out to companies and it will catch on just like the early days. Think about it. Millions of workers bringing their devices home to spread the word. It all make sense. They did it before and they would be smart to do not again.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 09-25-13 at 06:11 PM.
    DJM626 likes this.
    09-25-13 05:21 PM
    If you close your eyes and wish really hard... I'm sure you can make it all come true.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 05:26 PM
    Dead is such a terminal word.... More like dying.
    09-25-13 05:41 PM
    If you close your eyes and wish really hard... I'm sure you can make it all come true.

Posted via CB10

Hey it worked. You're gone.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 05:42 PM
    It wasn't the Blackberrry spokesperson who downplayed the hardware business, it was the writer. People have to get a clue that Blackberry is more than the most secure handset company, but also a leading MDM software provider.
    Hmmm... leading is probably not the best word.
    The Secure Work Space which is to resemble the BB10 Work Space for iOS and Android is only a few month old.
    Other vendors have had secure containers for longer time.

The iOS client has several bugs. During the last 10 days I have reported three bugs to BlackBerry regarding issues with iOS:
    - When creating/encrypting the workspace, the process halts. Workaround: Wipe device and start over (great for BYOD!!!)
    - If assigning secure work space and a compliance policy, the device is (almost) always "non-compliant" as the BES 10 client is unable to detect the mandatory software associated with the secure work space
    - Even though assighed Secure Work Space and associated apps are not implemented. Seems like either UDS/BES10 client/client check is buggy.

Waiting for "escalation engineers" to get back to me.

This is NOT leading the MDM race.

Client for iOS 7 and Android 4.3 is *delayed*. Never seen that before have we? It was supposed to be ready at iOS 7 launch.
    Maybe the Android update was out yesterday - I have no device to check.
    BlackBerry luckily has not published any release date, so it is technically not delayed.

The activation process is also ridiculus: First you have to enter a long URL to install a certificate. Then you have to enter almost the same URL in the BES 10 client to start enrolment. Then you enter username and password. Why the .... did they not implement the provisioning making it just as easy as activating a BB10?
    notfanboy likes this.
    09-25-13 05:45 PM
    Great, hope that after becoming private this is the only kind of publicity Blackberry gets (the good one) and the bad news stops.
    09-25-13 05:57 PM
    HE'S NOT DEAD, he's just pining for the fiords of Norway........

(Monty Python fans are the only ones that will only get this....)
    Beautiful plumage, the Norwegian Blue!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    revtech likes this.
    09-25-13 06:29 PM
    Are you really a handset maker if nobody buys your phones? Sales appear to be dismal.

Posted via CB10
    But not zero. Businesses around here have bought a lot of BB10 phones. Are you really a car maker if you sell a few cars? Of course you are. The question is if you can make money. If they didn't try to overreach and take on Apple/Google, they would be still making money. They have only lost money in the last two quarters.
    09-25-13 08:28 PM
    Hmmm... leading is probably not the best word.

The activation process is also ridiculus: First you have to enter a long URL to install a certificate. Then you have to enter almost the same URL in the BES 10 client to start enrolment. Then you enter username and password. Why the .... did they not implement the provisioning making it just as easy as activating a BB10?
    If they are not leading, then why is BES 10 the only certified MDM for the US military?

What version are you running?

Here is how the activation progress works on BES 10
    https://www.blackberry.com/lms/item/...3-d6298538d113

I will let people judge for themselves if you are overreacting about the activation process. Doesn't look ridiculous to me.
    09-25-13 08:32 PM
35 12