Did they know it was a leaked beta version and didn't care because they couldn't wait the extra 2 hours for official? What were these people thinking? Or they were fooled..

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 12:24 PM
    and your point? Can you explain how the "Leaked BBM" delayed the launch?
    09-25-13 12:26 PM
    It wasn't a matter of two hours. People had it at least a day ahead of time.
    09-25-13 12:27 PM
    There is always "the I want it first" factor around smart phone upgrades and apps. Waiting seems lame if others beat you to getting the new stuff.
    go1ndr likes this.
    09-25-13 12:30 PM
    You're still buying the song-and-dance "official explanation," eh, OP?
    09-25-13 12:32 PM
    You're still buying the song-and-dance "official explanation," eh, OP?
    Why wouldn't he? It's a perfectly acceptable reason.
    09-25-13 12:35 PM
    It overloaded the servers with a bogus version that didn't work like the finished version.. what I read here. I'm just wondering if those who downloaded it did not have the patience or just didn't know or care it was not the official version. I think this is a case of a Perfect Storm than blunder by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    aiharkness likes this.
    09-25-13 12:36 PM
    Well, it is assuming that the BBM leak was from CB.

Anyone who was a beta tester could have leaked it. I am assuming some beta testers are not from CB?
    09-25-13 12:38 PM
    Why wouldn't he? It's a perfectly acceptable reason.
    Acceptable? you have a meeting at 7am, you call HOURS later to tell them your car wasn't working? seriously?
    09-25-13 12:40 PM
    Acceptable? you have a meeting at 7am, you call HOURS later to tell them your car wasn't working? seriously?
    I was referring to the explanation as to what caused the problem. Not that it was handled poorly. So yes... seriously.
    09-25-13 12:43 PM
    Still buying the "leak" excuse huh?

You don't think the "leak" could have been fixed by merely releasing an update to the "working" app so everyone could upgrade? There was no "working" app plain and simple, even the iOS app (that was submitted weeks prior) was pulled bc it was fatally broken and the iOS ONE WASN'T EVEN A LEAKED APP.

Blackberry are lying to try and deflect embarrassment. None of what they said makes any sense.
    09-25-13 12:43 PM

You don't think the "leak" could have been fixed by merely releasing an update to the "working" app so everyone could upgrade? There was no "working" app plain and simple, even the iOS app (that was submitted weeks prior) was pulled bc it was fatally broken and the iOS ONE WASN'T EVEN A LEAKED APP.

Blackberry are lying to try and deflect embarrassment. None of what they said makes any sense.
    It's a perfectly feasible reason.

The leak was version .42. The latest known beta from those who were beta testing confirmed that .42 was not the latest beta version (it was into the .50s).

If the leaked version was passing bad objects not 100% recognizable with the latest version of the BB4ALL servers, then all those users connected with the leaked version are potentially filling the servers up with bad data objects, resulting in a stock-pile of data objects that the server doesn't know how to handle properly. Those bad data objects can be clogging up the servers, or even worse, resulting in exception faults that the servers don't know how to handle.

If that's the case, the servers need to be modified to better handle version control, as well as to incorporate better exception handling. Just releasing a newer version of the app isn't the appropriate fix, since it would not fix the issue of users connecting with the leaked app.
    Dodger52 likes this.
    09-25-13 12:49 PM
    Thanks for replies. I actually don't use BBM or downloaded the app, but I was dumbfounded by the blotched release of such a key component of BlackBerry. I guess they could be lying and I did fall for it if that's the case.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 12:50 PM
    are they going to use the same excuse for the leak OS 10.2 when they delay it?
    Fuzzballz and bobauckland like this.
    09-25-13 12:51 PM
    Thanks for replies. I actually don't use BBM or downloaded the app, but I was dumbfounded by the blotched release of such a key component of BlackBerry. I guess they could be lying and I did fall for it if that's the case.

Posted via CB10
    no one know if theyre covering it up for their incompetence or not, but the fact is they failed and delayed too many times. its like the boy that cried wolf.

if anyone remembered Thors excuse for the delay OS10 was because they're so successful at adding stuff they had to delay it. when the official launch came out it was exactly what ppl expected. nothing was added.
    09-25-13 12:53 PM
    It's a perfectly feasible reason.

The leak was version .42. The latest known beta from those who were beta testing confirmed that .42 was not the latest beta version (it was into the .50s).

If the leaked version was passing bad objects not 100% recognizable with the latest version of the BB4ALL servers, then all those users connected with the leaked version are potentially filling the servers up with bad data objects, resulting in a stock-pile of data objects that the server doesn't know how to handle properly. Those bad data objects can be clogging up the servers, or even worse, resulting in exception faults that the servers don't know how to handle.

If that's the case, the servers need to be modified to better handle version control, as well as to incorporate better exception handling. Just releasing a newer version of the app isn't the appropriate fix, since it would not fix the issue of users connecting with the leaked app.
    so why did they pull the IOS version? if both of them ( Android&Ios) were on the same server that was receiving the bad objects...why roll out one and delay the other? then pull the working version,and say "It will continue to work" it doesn't make sense
    09-25-13 01:00 PM
    Consider this
    The old beta versions could contain scripts that were involved in troubleshooting, etc
    Even if the traffic is minimal, having a couple million of users at the same time using the app would create a significant traffic
    BB was smart to pull it before the servers were overloaded
    09-25-13 01:03 PM
    no one know if theyre covering it up for their incompetence or not, but the fact is they failed and delayed too many times. its like the boy that cried wolf.

if anyone remembered Thors excuse for the delay OS10 was because they're so successful at adding stuff they had to delay it. when the official launch came out it was exactly what ppl expected. nothing was added.
    I remember the reason for the BB10 delay was they needed more time to refine it not add new fetures or functions.
    bibbula likes this.
    09-25-13 01:09 PM
    so why did they pull the IOS version? if both of them ( Android&Ios) were on the same server that was receiving the bad objects...why roll out one and delay the other? then pull the working version,and say "It will continue to work" it doesn't make sense
    To limit the traffic while server maintenance is being performed, and allow for a controlled test sample without opening the floodgates.
    09-25-13 01:11 PM
    are they going to use the same excuse for the leak OS 10.2 when they delay it?
    Why would they delay the 10.2 release when the Z30 has been released running 10.2?

Furthermore, last I read, the issue with the 'leak' was that it was modified to include a DDOS attack which nuked the servers. Why BBRY wasn't able to restart the servers, blacklist the 'leak' and then roll out a clean version is beyond me but getting things right the first time has never really been BBRY's strong suit, has it.
    09-25-13 01:13 PM
    I meant downloaded in original post sorry. Whatever the case I hope they get it working right soon and move forward. I do buy the song and dance and think it was a perfect storm. Those who downloaded the beta version because they can't 1 Day I blame more or as much.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 01:13 PM
    Do you honestly think that this delayed launch is because of a leaked beta version of BBM???? Just another smoke and mirrors from blackberry to mask their inadequacies, failures and backdoor financial dealings with a pending private position.
    09-25-13 01:17 PM
    All BlackBerry had to do was ban the version from servers and force upgrade like whatsapp

Leak didn't do ****...if they couldn't handle it with the leak then how would they have handle it on the play store??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    09-25-13 01:17 PM
    Isn't there a way to code lock the beta files to only allow the authorized user to test it?
    09-25-13 01:25 PM

Strange, a friend of mine has the iOS version of BBM and it is working smooth and fine
    09-25-13 01:27 PM
30 12