Just heard a clip on CBC radio that BlackBerry just bought a $20M corporate jet.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 06:17 AM
    It is a small aircraft, likely to replace the one they sold previously, being a global business it is an invaluable tool. However it has been pointed out that the timing, with the layoffs was wrong. Being an aircraft owner my self, I do know such purchases do not happen overnight and can take quite a few months so it is possible this prosses began months ago.

Lilly's hand stitched Frankenstein Z10 powered by OS 10.2.0.1743
    09-25-13 06:32 AM
    Don't get me wrong, I am totally supportive of Corporate Aviation as I have been in the business for over 20 yrs. To the general public they don't understand how much business jets are a tool in business. Transactions, support plants around the world when they have major issues and a lot of business deals are done during flights than in boardrooms.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 06:52 AM
    Just heard a clip on CBC radio that BlackBerry just bought a $20M corporate jet.

Posted via CB10
    The timing was atrocious. They've since said they will be selling all three corporate jets they now enjoy.
    09-25-13 06:56 AM
    It takes months to buy a corporate jet, not an hour or 2 to buy a car. I won't get into the details on how corporations say they sold the aircraft but still have it under a different company name. Look at the big three in the states, they still have their jets, but the public doesn't know where they went.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 07:02 AM
    09-25-13 07:07 AM
    Thanks just found it.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 07:12 AM
    It makes them seem more tone deaf than usual - buying a jet (even if it is replacing two smaller ones) while in the middle of a "restructuring" just reads terribly. Then again, BlackBerry Management didn't seem to care what stockholders or employees think about them.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    09-25-13 07:13 AM
    So what if it takes several months...are you saying that they were totally clueless just a few months ago about how bad things were? If they were, then that sure explains why they are in the position they have been in for the last couple years I suppose.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
    09-25-13 07:54 AM
    So what if it takes several months...are you saying that they were totally clueless just a few months ago about how bad things were? If they were, then that sure explains why they are in the position they have been in for the last couple years I suppose.

They would have known since April that the Z was a dud. Since then they've been hiding the figures and putting all their energy into restructuring and finding a buyer.
    09-25-13 09:05 AM

They purchased the aircraft in the beginning of the year to replace 2 slightly smaller ones. The plane didn't make it through the sale & import process until July 7th (Date of import as per Canadian Registration Info)

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 03:39 AM
    It makes them seem more tone deaf than usual - buying a jet (even if it is replacing two smaller ones) while in the middle of a "restructuring" just reads terribly. Then again, BlackBerry Management didn't seem to care what stockholders or employees think about them.
    sounds like its part of restructuring to me. Selling 2 and buying 1. Kinda like a family selling 2 cars and going to one. But of course lets make a deal out of nothing.
    09-26-13 07:16 AM