My Phone upgrade is coming in a week. I wonder if I should stay with Apple or move back to BlackBerry. Blackbery has far better PIM apps, however no iCloud and hardly any apps. I do miss the keyboard, and the stupidity of apple in iOS 7 with their PIM apps such as Reminders, Calendar, Phone, etc.. makes me want to move elsewhere. iOS 7 has lots of nice features, however PIM seems to have taken a dump. Opinions?

Also personally I do not care what everyone else is doing or saying so please DO NOT tell me what everyone else is doing or saying for it does not impact me. The POINT is that iOS 7 Calendar, Reminders, and the like have been made almost useless. I used those app ALL THE TIME in iOS 6 and I am just SICK AND TIRED of Apple doing these things to my apps!!!
    09-24-13 10:24 PM
    You should test drive a new blackberry to see if it's the device for you.
    richardat likes this.
    09-24-13 10:28 PM
    I used to own one. It was better for PIM.
    09-24-13 10:30 PM
    iCloud... I can save my stuff to dropbox, memory card, device or remotely on my mac computer which i love doing. I wouldn't rule out the z10 the keyboard is one of its best features.
    09-24-13 10:31 PM
    EXACTLY. And PIM works better. Apple bombed it in iOS 7 with PIM.
    09-24-13 10:32 PM
    What's a PIM?
    Dude_9 likes this.
    09-24-13 10:36 PM
    I'd wait to see the Z30 and then decide. Great battery life and external storage. I'd never use the cloud. I want complete control of my stuff.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 10:36 PM
    Got Blackberry 10 dude!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 10:41 PM
    I'd wait to see the Z30 and then decide. Great battery life and external storage. I'd never use the cloud. I want complete control of my stuff.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, however. Z or Q on 10.2 is amazing.... multitasking is fantastic and 10.2 should be available officially sometime in Oct

Lilly's hand stitched Frankenstein Z10 powered by OS 10.2.0.1743
    srzjumper likes this.
    09-24-13 10:42 PM
    What's a PIM?
    Personal information management/er

Posted via keyboard bearing Q10
    howards likes this.
    09-24-13 10:59 PM
    Get the Z10 is awesome.U wont regret it.

BB Z10 Rocks!
    anon6113468 likes this.
    09-24-13 11:01 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is great for keeping me connected, informed, and managed. Emails, appointments, staying in touch in real-time by BBM or video-chatting with family and friends, swappable batteries for those 18+ hour days, getting files on the run via Dropbox, typing without hesitation (both virtual and physical keyboards!). Yes, Android and iPhone do all the aforementioned, but BlackBerry has a certain way of doing it with ease. The hub, to me, if by far the most useful tool in the entire operating system.

Apps... yeah, not the best selection, but there's a lot of independent developers out there who do a great job at filling the gap. I've only had to sideload one app, SiriusXM. The device does everything else I need it to natively.

It keeps my life together. If that's what you're looking for, BlackBerry is for you. I would give it an honest shot!
    srzjumper and anon6113468 like this.
    09-24-13 11:12 PM
    After the various announcements of the past week, if you are really asking this question then you should probably buy a BB device. Because there is clearly no saving you from your own choices.
    09-24-13 11:16 PM
    I just installed iOS 7 on my iPhone 4S, and I have to agree that the PIM functions went into the crapper. I test-drove a Z10 about a month ago and liked it. The only thing I wish BB phones had was a bit better build quality where it comes to a choice of materials. My iPhone 4S is made of glass and metal and has a solid, slick and smoothly machined feel to it plus a bit of heft. By comparison, the Z10 feels a bit plasticky, like a lot of the Android phones do. That said, I'm willing to trade build quality for a better OS (BB10 is certainly that) and better PIM functions (the Z10 offers that).

The iPhone 5S, to me, is a real snore-fest. Especially considering that its improvements are incremental, and Apple didn't see fit to give buyers a bigger screen (heaven forbid that iPad mini sales should ever be cannibalized!) Given how underwhelming it is to all but the most rabid Apple fanboys, I think BB have a chance to capitalize on the underwhelm by positioning the new Z30 as a better choice.

I'm seriously considering getting a Z30 once it's released here in Ontario. It's got the bigger screen I want, plus two things that Apple will never offer: a MicroSD card slot, and USB host capability.
    Elite1 and FairlightRacing like this.
    09-24-13 11:21 PM
    Honesty it depends how you use it.

If you don't mind that the major apps aren't there then definitely go for the Q10! It's such an awesome phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 11:27 PM
    I just switched and love my new Z10, don't miss my iPhone 5 and IOS 7 at all. Really liking all the things I can now do.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1, Man@Arms and wxmancanada like this.
    09-24-13 11:28 PM
    I would come back honestly. BB10 is much more user friendly and easier to navigate. I was using a Bold 9930/Iphone4 for a while and i dropped the iphone and bold for a Z10 exclusively. Sideloading works well with the unlocked runtime and a solid 10.2 leak!!! Keyboard is amazing and app selection is seeming to get better. I would maybe see when the Z30 is being released I dont know if your stateside but i havent heard a thing relating to a release date.
    wxmancanada likes this.
    09-24-13 11:30 PM
    Everything that has been said is spot on. Especially the direct connection to Dropbox and Box. You can access those files as if they're stored right on your device. You can also access your PC directly.

Posted via CB10
    wxmancanada likes this.
    09-24-13 11:30 PM
    Not to mention Box will give you 10gb when you connect with a Z10 (or they were offering that)
    mscooley likes this.
    09-24-13 11:52 PM
    If you think you can handle a drop in the number of "big name" apps available, and really hate the PIM that much, then by all means make the switch to a BB10 device. For me, I'll be abandoning Android for some of the same reasons, namely the management of notifications (the drop-down tray is nice, but I greatly prefer being able to see all notifications past and present in one place, not have to hunt for them later), e-mail, and contact management. I may be in the minority on that sort of thing, but I truly do prefer the way BB10 manages things over Android, as well as iOS.

It's up to you which device you go with, but to be honest you really can't go wrong with either the Z10, Q10, or Z30 as all of them have great keyboards superior to the competition in my humble opinion (physical on Q10, intelligent and learning on Z10 / Z30).
    09-25-13 12:07 AM
    I just switched and love my new Z10, don't miss my iPhone 5 and IOS 7 at all. Really liking all the things I can now do.

Posted via CB10
    What can you do now you couldn't do before?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 12:07 AM
    Try out a BlackBerry. BlackBerry 10 is pretty nice. Just be sure you buy for what it can do now and not what you think it might do at some time later. There is some uncertainty about the future of BlackBerry 10 right now. Nonetheless in its current form it will work for years to come.

What PIM apps are you expecting? You do know BlackBerry also changed the PIM apps in moving from classic BBOS to BlackBerry 10, right? I am sorry but it is not clear from your post if you want to go to BlackBerry 10 or would consider an older device running the classic BlackBerry OS (?).
    09-25-13 12:11 AM
    Apps schmapps. App selection is a purely subjective argument. There are no apps that I want that aren't on BlackBerry. Not so for others, there might be apps that you can't live without.

That said, if you have the need for PIM features, then BlackBerry is the way to go. Remember, BlackBerry is a content creation and organization platform first, and a content consumption device second.
    09-25-13 12:12 AM
    Both are good, trust your instinct. But if you already satisfied with iOS, then stick with it.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 12:15 AM
    ...namely the management of notifications (the drop-down tray is nice, but I greatly prefer being able to see all notifications past and present in one place, not have to hunt for them later)...
    This was the biggest killer for me. If an email came in that I didn't immediately acknowledge, it would start piling up notifications for other emails behind it, but only show the first one in the pull down bar. I disliked not being able to see ALL emails that are unread, or falling into an illusion that there was just that one email.
    09-25-13 12:17 AM
84 123 ...