09-24-13 10:02 PM
    Thanks for sharing . pretty good read
    09-24-13 10:05 PM
    It good to see some positive American press. Nice read.

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    09-24-13 10:08 PM
    Marketing, marketing, marketing. I'm a Canadian currently traveling in the US for work and the topic of BB came up. NOBODY in the room knew what the Z10 could do until I pulled mine out and gave a quick demo. The lead tech trainer in the room was very interested but was confused by the fact that he hadn't heard much about the phone's capabilities. The Hub in particular (and my sideloaded Android apps) impressed him, as did the seamless gestures. I think his exact words were "Why aren't they screaming this from the rooftops?!"

I know there are other threads about this and don't want to hijack. It's just very refreshing to hear a positive spin these days. Thanks OP for pointing this article out.
    09-24-13 10:20 PM
    Good stuff.

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4780 TMO US
    09-24-13 10:21 PM
    Thanks for posting that article. Enjoyed reading it too.
    09-24-13 10:26 PM
    Another thank you to the OP. Good read.

Ricocan
    09-24-13 10:50 PM
    I love the concluding part

"For future owners of BlackBerry to have any chance of success, they must stop trying to compete directly with other platforms and instead focus on why us hyperconnected, multitasking achievers should choose them instead."

That should be Crackberry users' attitude. Instead of complaining over small things, let's just focus on what we love about it. If you don't find value, just leave to what you love.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 11:03 PM
    The link doesn't work anymore for me.. I found the posting on @CNNTech and retweeted it though. The author is from Berry Review, and I think he sums it up perfectly.

EDIT: Ok, well it works sometimes when I click on it. Is the link weirdness YET ANOTHER example of the mainstream media out to sink BlackBerry ??????
    09-24-13 11:17 PM
    Thank you.

Post via CB Z10
    09-24-13 11:18 PM
    I read the article. Nice. Then I read the comments. Not so nice. People defending their BBs are getting flamed and everyone else has no clue about the platform but talk about it like they do. People still have a hate on for BB. what can you do, though? That was BlackBerrys job.
    shads77 likes this.
    09-24-13 11:26 PM
    Marketing, marketing, marketing. I'm a Canadian currently traveling in the US for work and the topic of BB came up. NOBODY in the room knew what the Z10 could do until I pulled mine out and gave a quick demo. The lead tech trainer in the room was very interested but was confused by the fact that he hadn't heard much about the phone's capabilities. The Hub in particular (and my sideloaded Android apps) impressed him, as did the seamless gestures. I think his exact words were "Why aren't they screaming this from the rooftops?!"

I know there are other threads about this and don't want to hijack. It's just very refreshing to hear a positive spin these days. Thanks OP for pointing this article out.
    Exactly, I second your facts.
    It does happened to me too. A friend of mine was fumbling his iPhone 5. So, I pulled out my Z10. and showed him two things. one was the hub and the second was keyboard and the flickering speed. That was more than enough to let his eyes flicker like a remote star in a dark night.
    FSeverino and BBVegasGirl80 like this.
    09-25-13 12:00 AM
    I read the article. Nice. Then I read the comments. Not so nice. People defending their BBs are getting flamed and everyone else has no clue about the platform but talk about it like they do. People still have a hate on for BB. what can you do, though? That was BlackBerrys job.
    I didn't read those, because they are the same on every article like this, regardless of the country and language it's being published:
    A bunch of haters flaming the hell out of BBRY, thinking they know everything about the new plattform. However it often seems the last BB most of them used was either an OS5 or OS6 device (most likely a work-supplied Curve) and since BB is oldfashioned, they don't evolve anyways. It's a shame really. If they even know something about BB10 and the new devices, it comes from other bad "reviews".

Take a look at some mainstream media for example: I always keep reading "BlackBerry still fails to make a decent all-touch phone", just two days ago it has been mentioned again in an article about the Fairfex buyout. I am actually wondering if they *really* tried out the Z10 and gave it some chance. I mean how can the Z10 be a bad all-touch device?
    It has decent enough hardware power, the display is very crisp with >350ppi. The screen is not too large and not too small either and just after this weekend everybody knows there still is a demand for 4" screened devices... The phone is fast, altough battery life is just mediocre. Build quality and materials are pretty good too, especially on the black one. While it is not the slimmest device out there, it's almost as thin as the iPhone5 - which was thin enough for most people. So why the hate? What makes a phone a "good" all-touch phone?

More interesting is the fact how those media has much less problem with the Q10, mostly because it's a QWERTY device and one shouldn't have any high expectations about those anyways?

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    09-25-13 01:40 AM
    These are what I notice from the article

1. BlackBerry 10 is where Heins and his executive team failed.
    2. The cloud of doom and uncertainty that they leave hanging over the company also keeps potential adopters away from BlackBerry 10
    3. Now, when people see me carrying my new Q10 phone, they are surprised (because it looks so outdated with that tiny screen)

09-25-13 03:33 AM
    Nice find, OP. Shared on my FB and Twitter.

Sent from my sexy white hot Z10 in Sin City ;-)
    09-25-13 10:58 AM
    I would have liked that article better if it wasn't Ronen from Berryview. He made some good points, but of course he is a fan of BlackBerry. Why wouldn't he be? How about an article from CNN by someone who hated, despised even, BlackBerry, but now loves it since BlackBerry 10? Can we find an article like that?
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    09-25-13 11:05 AM