When I go to a website on my wife's iphone and I tap on a link which opens up subcategory of links it stops there then waits for your next input, when I try to replicate this on my Q10 it immediately goes to the main page of the initial link. It shows the subcategory of links for a few seconds but starts to load the page for the initial link immediately . Is there any way to stop it from doing this?

Posted via CB10 from my Q10
    09-24-13 08:33 PM
    When I go to a website on my wife's iphone and I tap on a link which opens up subcategory of links it stops there then waits for your next input, when I try to replicate this on my Q10 it immediately goes to the main page of the initial link. It shows the subcategory of links for a few seconds but starts to load the page for the initial link immediately . Is there any way to stop it from doing this?

If I understand you correctly, you mean something like a drop down navigation menu? For example maybe there's a main link of "Products" and when you click that it drops down a menu with maybe "New Products", "Used Products", etc and once you select one of those, it then takes you to the new page?

Results will vary depending on how the website was coded - when a site like this pops up I've had the best luck pressing down on the link for a few seconds, then releasing it. It's enough to trigger the menu, but not "click" it. The sweet spot, in my experiences, is to release it just before the copy and paste actions show up.

IF that's what you mean - give it a shot!
    09-24-13 11:28 PM
    that's exactly what I mean, i've tried that a few times to no avail. Find it annoying. Thanks for the help though.

09-24-13 11:39 PM
    It's always been tricky, and super annoying, on mobile devices to deal with those kind of menus. Hopefully web developers will come to understand that some day!
    09-24-13 11:41 PM
    I run into that drop down menu problem all the time. I think there is a problem with the web site coding. The click of the drop down menu should bring up a web page with the menu choices for those of us that cannot select from the drop down menu.

Sadly, most web sites seem to be missing the action to bring up a web page with the menu choices when clicking on the drop down menu. I assume this functionality is meant for browsers without java script enabled that cannot open the drop down menu, but most of the web developers never test to ensure their site will work in this use case.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 05:43 AM