Hi,

I have a BB Q10.

I recently updated to the MR update for 10.1. After this update, I could no longer connect to my wifi network at home. I get the following message: Failed to connect to the network. Please check your password and try again. Depending on how I try to connect, I might also get: Failed to authenticate to network - Please check password and try again.

All the other devices in the house can connect to my wifi, and I have double and triple checked the password.

Here is what I have tried so far - and nothing has worked:

- Restore
    - Reload OS Software (reloads the latest update - not sure how to downgrade to the previous version).
    - Checked forum threads on crackberry and BB support forums - no concrete answers
    - Checked WIFI FAQ on Blackberry Support and attempted all those fixes
    - Restarted router and modems ; changed SSID ; changed security type
    - I can connect to other WIFI networks perfectly fine - just for some odd reason my own home network is inaccessible only by my BB Q10 - I have tried removing the saved network and reinserting all details again - didn't work. My Z10 works fine although I decided not to update to BB10 MR for that one.
    - Tried manually connecting to network using IP address etc.

Has anybody had this issue, and has anyone found a way to fix it? If there is no fix, can someone explain to me how to downgrade to the previous OS version. Whenever I choose to reload the OS, it brings the option to update to latest software - if I click Update Later, the OS does not reload.

Thanks.
    09-24-13 01:05 PM
    Try to load a leaked OS. Never heard this kind of issue. Maybe 10.2 will solve it for you.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 01:09 PM
    Thanks for your reply.

Instead of a leaked OS, is there anyway I can downgrade to the last version of 10.1 (prior to MR)? That version worked fine for me.

When is 10.2 expected to be released?
    09-24-13 02:00 PM
    The exact same thing has happened to me. I have yet to figure out how to fix it. When I try to connect it gets as far as "associated with network" then comes up "unable to authenticate against the network. Verify saved network security settings" Its VERY frustrating. And nobody seems to have a answer how to fix it.
    11-11-13 06:43 PM
    At times rebooting the router can resolve the issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 07:06 PM
    I recently had the same problem, and after an hour of messing around I just unplugged the router and plugged it back in. That fixed the issue.
    02-20-14 12:24 AM
    Only way to fix found.
    When you add a wifi connection or try to connect to an existing connection could you see the symbol WPS at the bottom of the screen ? If you could that is your way out and added on it is even more secure.
    1. Open your router's admin panel by logging in with your routers username and password.
    2. There you can click on "Advanced" button to find the "Wireless Connection" tab, where you get the detailed setting for wireless connectivity of your router. There you can find an option called "Add Wireless Device with WPS"
    3. There you can find the place to enter a PIN with a message : please enter the PIN from your wireless device and click the below 'Connect' Button
    4. Now on your blackberry phone you will aslo see the option WPS at the screen bottom while connecting to the wifi. On pressing that you will get the option "Enter PIN into Router", on clicking it you will get the PIN that you need to enter in your router's admin panel page.
    5. After successfully adding the correct PIN it will take about 10 to 20 secons for your blackberry device to connect to your wifi router.

Thanks
    08-09-15 02:30 AM