With all their millions in bonus due to the coming sales... share it with them... as une your failure and leave as an honorable person.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 11:28 AM
    With all their millions in bonus due to the coming sales... share it with them... as une your failure and leave as an honorable person.

Posted via CB10
    That would be a cool to help the others. But, honor and morales usually take a back seat in business dealings/decisions.
    angieberry10 likes this.
    09-24-13 11:39 AM
    They should, but not going to happen unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 12:08 PM
    Corporate greed of course. With a 55 million jackpoint, the CEO could and should show some concern for the thousands of lives he's disrupted. I'm sure if he did do something he would look more like a saint than a sinner.

Somehow I don't think kindness and love rules the world... the last I checked we are ruled by money and the infamous ego.

Nice thought though.
    09-24-13 09:34 PM
    That's not ever going to happen.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 05:23 AM
    They should but we all know how it is

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 06:03 AM
    That would be a nice gesture but it will not happen. We live in a me first society where the rich just want to get richer. sharing and playing nice is not how you get to the Top.
    09-25-13 06:06 AM
    While I think Canada likes to differentiate itself from the US in several notable areas -- think universal health care, etc. -- the disease of "I've Got Mine, Jack" ignores the border between the two countries.
    09-25-13 06:24 AM
    Isn't it 4500 that are losing their jobs? Is Fairfax keeping him on? If not he is out of work too.

It would be nice to do it but if he splits the money between himself and them, it is less around $12000.

James

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 07:24 AM
    While that would be a high-minded gesture, when has that EVER been done? As much as the level of compensation for the executives (should they be terminated) bothers a lot of people that is what was negotiated in their contract. Whether we think they are entitled to it or not or whether or not the "moral" thing to do is pass that down to the displaced that simply is not the answer.

Now, if BlackBerry did everything in their power to assist those people in gaining other employment, that would be good. Earning a living > than accepting a token handout.
    09-25-13 09:15 AM
    There was a CEO in China who did this a month or so ago and it made headlines here in the US. He shared it with something like 24 workers who helped him complete the goals which got him the bonus. It would be a nice gesture foe BlackBerry but you have to remember they could be losing their job soon as well, so I would save it because the odds are that proverbial rainy day is close for them all I fear.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 09:33 AM