Just a thought, the day BBM was to be launched cross platform, the financial results were announced, which we will all agree were not good results. Then BBM cross platform launch was botched, and that too badly. And again we agree that if that launch went ok, it would have gone a long way in reviving BlackBerry 's fortunes and most likely the stock value would have risen. And BlackBerry pulled back the launch. Immediately after that BlackBerry sale was announced, and since BlackBerry is performing so badly, with these two recent debacles in public memory, no one will protest much against the sale at this price. So is it some sort of planning to get down the price of BlackBerry for sale. As I said, just a passing thought, but it is so out in the wild, might it be possible?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 04:26 AM
    [QUOTE=Amit Oberoi;9227839]Just a thought, the day BBM was to be launched cross platform, the financial results were announced, which we will all agree were not good results. Then BBM cross platform launch was botched, and that too badly. And again we agree that if that launch went ok, it would have gone a long way in reviving BlackBerry 's fortunes and most likely the stock value would have risen. And BlackBerry pulled back the launch. Immediately after that BlackBerry sale was announced, and since BlackBerry is performing so badly, with these two recent debacles in public memory, no one will protest much against the sale at this price. So is it some sort of planning to get down the price of BlackBerry for sale. As I said, just a passing thought, but it is so out in the wild, might it be possible?

Ofcourse, this is a big, fraudalent set up.
    09-24-13 04:30 AM
    One can always say the pricing of the phones was also a step in the same direction.

Posted via CB10
    sparkaction likes this.
    09-24-13 04:54 AM
    That's not a conspiracy theory, they are some very serious allegations you're making there.

I'm as upset (not quite as angry as some though!) as anyone at how things have turned out, but I wouldn't want to be the one writing something like this and what I've seen in other threads without the facts to back it up when the doorbell rings and there's a legal team stood there...
    09-24-13 06:37 AM
    That's not a conspiracy theory, they are some very serious allegations you're making there.

I'm as upset (not quite as angry as some though!) as anyone at how things have turned out, but I wouldn't want to be the one writing something like this and what I've seen in other threads without the facts to back it up when the doorbell rings and there's a legal team stood there...
    Relax barIjo, it is not an allegation. It's A thought which crossed my mind and thus the post. And I am not even upset, let alone angry, on the developments. A little sad maybe. But the fact is that we the general public will never come to know what happens in the power corridors, and thus all the speculation. That's all we do on these forums basically, we all speculate. Maybe it's true, maybe not, but will we ever come to know the truth, I seriously doubt it.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 07:31 AM
    Hey, I wondered the same thing.

Posted via CB10 ~ visit my portrait channel C0011B779
    09-24-13 07:36 AM
    Didn't someone write that this can be a considered a business strategy? Hardly a crime at all.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 08:03 AM
    If this is true, and that's a big if, it's hardly a business strategy. Announcing poor results, mishandling a major launch in quick succession and then immediately after that announcing the sale, seems a tiny bit fishy. But then again, it's really a big IF.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 08:23 AM
    Identify the beneficiary of this supposedly conspiracy theory and we will know if it is likely or unlikely to be even possible...

Posted via Z10
    09-24-13 08:34 AM
    It certainly sounds like the New Coke debacle but it is all circumstantial.

I see the initial gain but I also see the potential for further damage if this was their intent. On the other hand, "under new management"is just what BlackBerry needs.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 08:45 AM
    Identify the beneficiary of this supposedly conspiracy theory and we will know if it is likely or unlikely to be even possible...

Posted via Z10
    Beneficiary maybe the top management, for a good severance package as the company is already going down
    And a change in management looks imminent . U would be surprised what ppl do for personal benefit. But again I remind u, it's pure speculation, and no hard facts.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 08:54 AM
    It certainly sounds like the New Coke debacle but it is all circumstantial.

I see the initial gain but I also see the potential for further damage if this was their intent. On the other hand, "under new management"is just what BlackBerry needs.

Posted via CB10
    U see these are two different things. Initial gain for someone and the betterment of the company. This thought, if there is any truth to it, serves both the purposes, initial gain for someone and the overall betterment of the company by infusing new blood in the top management.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 08:57 AM

I had the exact same thoughts. Exact. Way too many things lining up to drive down the stock price for it to all be coincidental.

900mil in write downs.
    Announcing 4500 layoffs
    Announcing a departure from consumer space
    Conveniently delay bbm release indefinitely
    Conveniently have an offer drawn up and pretty much accepted on Mon
    $9 is half what the company was valued at months ago
    Thor stands to get $54 mil or 24 mil depending on if he's fired or let go
    Mr watsa stepped down from.the board a mth ago to get this offer out together. Puts in a ridiculous low offer and stands to get over $100mil of shareholders funds as a fee if this offer is turned down
    I am with the op. And would welcome a conversation from a rep of the company to be shown this isn't the case

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    09-24-13 09:32 AM
    To add to my post.
    It's a 4.7 bil offer. And rim has 2.3 in cash with 4500 employees to be let go.
    So prem watsa will use BlackBerry cash reserves to pay for half the purchase price.
    Plus this doesn't take into account their assets (buildings) or patents.
    Watsa is a smart man. He's cornered then in a well orchestrated move and if they bail he makes a nice profit.

09-24-13 09:36 AM
    The offer from Fairfax is conditional.

1) Fairfax needs to line up financing yet.
    2) BlackBerry can entertain a higher offer
    3) If a higher offer is accepted, then Fairfax gets 30 cents a share.

So, theoretically, anyone that sees more than 4.7 billion in value for BlackBerry going forward can make an offer.

I believe these were the main points in all the legal speak in the offer, correct?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 09:45 AM
    To add to my post.
    It's a 4.7 bil offer. And rim has 2.3 in cash with 4500 employees to be let go.
    So prem watsa will use BlackBerry cash reserves to pay for half the purchase price.
    Plus this doesn't take into account their assets (buildings) or patents.
    Watsa is a smart man. He's cornered then in a well orchestrated move and if they bail he makes a nice profit.

U have really put facts in the thought. Looking at it this way, seems totally possible.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 10:07 AM
    U have really put facts in the thought. Looking at it this way, seems totally possible.

Posted via CB10
    Yah. Disappointing to say the least.

Also read that if all the board members are removed ousted or replaced, they are protected by their contracts. Add another $85mil in fees if they are all let go. Only people not getting any benefit are the shareholders.

09-24-13 10:45 AM
    This is a very juvenile theory. Do you really think that the major institutional shareholders really want to orchestrate an artificial reduction in the share price, losing millions or billions in some instances so they can re-purchase a company with damanged and reduced market share at a low price - or watch that happen? Do you think senior management would squander their stock opitons and a chance to make serious stock price gains with a chance to buy back the company at a discount? Where would management get the money for that? Why would any insider or how would anyone in the company be incented to cause a major market retreat, write-down billions of inventory, create a crisis of confdence in the capital markets, and squander the company's excess cash resources, cause massive lay-offs and write-downs? You would be better off writing movie scripts.
    09-24-13 12:26 PM
    This is a very juvenile theory. Do you really think that the major institutional shareholders really want to orchestrate an artificial reduction in the share price, losing millions or billions in some instances so they can re-purchase a company with damanged and reduced market share at a low price - or watch that happen? Do you think senior management would squander their stock opitons and a chance to make serious stock price gains with a chance to buy back the company at a discount? Where would management get the money for that? Why would any insider or how would anyone in the company be incented to cause a major market retreat, write-down billions of inventory, create a crisis of confdence in the capital markets, and squander the company's excess cash resources, cause massive lay-offs and write-downs? You would be better off writing movie scripts.
    Prem Watsa have already lost millions already because of the share price slump... Also he's pumping more money into the company because he believes that BlackBerry can become profitable again.

Just wait for the things to become clear and then we can all get better facts on the table to take this conversation forward.

Posted via the awesome Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    09-24-13 12:43 PM
    Prem Watsa have already lost millions already because of the share price slump... Also he's pumping more money into the company because he believes that BlackBerry can become profitable again.

Just wait for the things to become clear and then we can all get better facts on the table to take this conversation forward.

Posted via the awesome Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    Prem Watsa does have a vested interest in preserving value and is already a 10% shareholder. Prem has not put any more money in yet, and he will definitely want to protect what is a sizable investment, but it will be a tall order. You are right that time will tell if he is able to pull together a consortium to purchase. As of today, the public price per share has edged downward from his indicative bid price so he may just end up with it, if he can finance it. We'll see.
    09-24-13 03:27 PM
    Another coincidence, very strange

http://timesofindia.feedsportal.com/...ms/story01.htm

Something definitely fishy here

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 08:16 AM
    Thanks for the link to that. I've been saying it all along. Not a conspiracy theory it was a well orchestrated plan.

Amit Oberoi likes this.
    09-27-13 08:56 AM
    Red food coloring is poisoning people. M&M's stop making red ones...now they are making them in red again. Oops...oh well...

Trusted Member Genius
    09-28-13 12:36 AM
    I think anyone has good reason to speculate at this point. Some things just don't add up? I'm not into the whole conspiracy thing, but who knows? Whatever is happening, good or bad, it will all come out in the wash one day. No matter what, this will make a great business class film one day.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 01:17 AM
    I think anyone has good reason to speculate at this point. Some things just don't add up? I'm not into the whole conspiracy thing, but who knows? Whatever is happening, good or bad, it will all come out in the wash one day. No matter what, this will make a great business class film one day.

Posted via CB10
    Lol said the same thing today. This is one helluva case study for a business class. Agree with you100%

09-28-13 01:24 AM
27 12