Hi All,

After reading the official statement from the company and it stating that they would like to continue the long term execution of delivering superior and secure enterprise solutions to its customers around the world, it kind of makes me think that BlackBerry is focusing on software. Is that the case?

Someone care to explain what they mean by that?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 07:18 PM
    To me it sounds like they're going to aggressively go after maintaining their stronghold on enterprise. They mentioned something about doing what's best for "carriers," so to me that would suggest that they'll still put out a consumer device, just don't be expecting a full line of BlackBerrys like we had with OS7 and earlier.
    MERCDROID likes this.
    09-23-13 07:20 PM
    MDM, plain and simple. BlackBerry is going to shift towards services very hard. There's decent margins to be made there, and it's an area where BlackBerry still has a strong reputation.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 07:53 PM
    It means no more weenie whining about "specs" and fart apps, and more about getting stuff done!!!! LOL

Bring it on!
    09-23-13 07:59 PM
    To me it sounds like they're going to aggressively go after maintaining their stronghold on enterprise. They mentioned something about doing what's best for "carriers," so to me that would suggest that they'll still put out a consumer device, just don't be expecting a full line of BlackBerrys like we had with OS7 and earlier.
    I'm all for that then, just as long as there's hardware.

Saw a tweet from a BlackBerry employee, I just forgot his name, that it's about time they take back what was theirs or something like that. So I guess that references it.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 08:52 PM
    MDM. sounds a lot like BIS and BES v2.

if there's no new phones, i think there'll be a blackberry "add on". not sure how to visualize it, but basically its still a subscription model slapped on top of phones.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    09-23-13 08:57 PM
    It means no more weenie whining about "specs" and fart apps, and more about getting stuff done!!!! LOL

Bring it on!
    Please tell me why there are so many fart apps in BB world then.
    09-23-13 09:05 PM
    MDM. sounds a lot like BIS and BES v2.

if there's no new phones, i think there'll be a blackberry "add on". not sure how to visualize it, but basically its still a subscription model slapped on top of phones.

I was thinking the same thing, would it do blackberry good if somehow they implemented BIS for BB10?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 09:06 PM
    I was thinking the same thing, would it do blackberry good if somehow they implemented BIS for BB10?

Posted via CB10
    BIS in its original form may not be appreciated. if it comes in an app subscription may work, or subscribe and download relevant apps from the app world. i would break the entire BIS into app components, say:

Email client,
    compression.
    vpn
    and others.

09-24-13 01:51 AM