So this is it, BlackBerry is going private and i will proof that what happened this weekend was all planned. I'm a stock holder and have a few devices from BlackBerry.

Announcement on Friday that BlackBerry lost $1b, of course stock tumbles.
    Over the weekend BBM released, this could have had a positive up on the stock on monday when the stock opens, guess what they pulled it back so it doesnt effect the market.
    Jet plan purchased in July for 29M
    And today BlackBerry signed letter that BlackBerry will go private with $9 a share.

Does it make sens now?

I love BlackBerry and as much as this venture will eventually help BlackBerry florish, i think this was all planned. I'm not an armchair ceo bit just an opinion of what happened over the weekend.

It's business... all business.

Posted via CB10
    howarmat, bekkay, milo53 and 11 others like this.
    09-23-13 01:42 PM
    Interesting angle... I have to be honest that I don't understand the stock market at all, so I can't speak from any experience.

I would be very disappointed if BBRY decided to purposefully hold back BBM to affect the stock... That would be bad for consumers.
    09-23-13 01:45 PM
    BlackBerry is beholden to the shareholders, not the consumers. And going private eliminates that pain point... good thing I diversify when I invest. not a happy bunny!

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    09-23-13 01:47 PM
    BlackBerry has a well established history of incompetence which is a far more plausible theory.
    09-23-13 01:47 PM
    Interesting angle OP...all the people involved are shark and regardless what people think about fudiciary duty to shareholders, it's actually to their own interests and not any body else. The stock market is a big game and the wealthy hold all the cards.

Posted via CB10
    bekkay, the_sleuth and codeslinga like this.
    09-23-13 01:49 PM
    So this is it, BlackBerry is going private and i will proof that what happened this weekend was all planned. I'm a stock holder and have a few devices from BlackBerry.

Over the weekend BBM released, this could have had a positive up on the stock on monday when the stock opens, guess what they pulled it back so it doesnt effect the market.
    And today BlackBerry signed letter that BlackBerry will go private with $9 a share.

Does it make sens now?

I love BlackBerry and as much as this venture will eventually help BlackBerry florish, i think this was all planned. I'm not an armchair ceo bit just an opinion of what happened over the weekend.

Posted via CB10
    This helps blackberry exit quietly and let qnx become a money maker
    09-23-13 01:51 PM
    That's a lot of planning for a company that seemingly can't make deadlines, fails to anticipate change and misreads just about everything. Or all of those screw ups could have just been BlackBerry's version of Muhammad Ali's tried and true "Rope-a-Dope" Who knows?
    bekkay, jdhooghe, mikeo007 and 3 others like this.
    09-23-13 01:52 PM
    This helps blackberry exit quietly and let qnx become a money maker
    You mean the money maker it is now? You mean they were holding back? *facepalm*
    09-23-13 01:56 PM
    OP...I agree with you. I knew there was a reason for them to announce a $1b lost a week before..it didn't make sense. They were hoping for stock to plunge. I'm sure now the news is out, they will release BBM shortly
    angad7.10 likes this.
    09-23-13 01:58 PM
    BlackBerry has a well established history of incompetence which is a far more plausible theory.
    Jtaylor you hit the nail on the head. To add insult to injury there are some ******* who think that dumping the PlayBook and throwing away first place in all developed nations was a good thing. I guess $9 bucks a share is a good price to a stock holder from some 3rd world country. Bye Bye Blackberry at least your sale will ensure Thor's new swimming pool gets put in.
    milo53 likes this.
    09-23-13 02:02 PM
    OP, not sure what the Jet purchase has to do with it. Unless you're saying BlackBerry leaked that info. But then why would they even mention that they bought a used 2006 jet to replace the rest of their fleet? Just sayin'

Most of the other stuff is probably spot on. I mean hell, Prem stepped down last month probably just so he could do this. Shouldn't really be surprising to anyone I guess...
    09-23-13 02:03 PM
    You mean the money maker it is now? You mean they were holding back? *facepalm*
    Hahahaha
    09-23-13 02:05 PM

Does it make sens now?

Posted via CB10

I said something similar in a different thread. Keeping the stock low is the as got to be BlackBerry's play here.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 02:08 PM
    Assuming Thor was appointed to be CEO "in case" that BB10 didn't get significant traction, and he'd be the one to downsize the company for sale...

...and assuming that after BB10 DIDN'T catch fire as was hoped, the foregone conclusion (as was very likely expressed over plonk at a local Waterloo wine bar) that Fairfax would be interested in taking the company private...

...and assuming that if you're going to take the company private you want it as absolutely lean as possible, and don't mind a short-term hit on the share value if you have done the analysis that shows how the company could be profitable after going private...

...and assuming that if you want the share price lower so you can put in a lower bid

...and making baffling business decisions that even pimply-faced high-school freshpersons know are idiotic like:
    ...showing outright contempt for the most loyal BlackBerry customers by not even offering some kind of "PlayBook 2.3" update with enhancements like the predictive keyboard;
    ...announcing BBM going cross platform before publically throwing in the towel effectively halting adoption of BB10 handsets in certain markets.
    ...then not delivering BBM4ALL for 3 months after that, killing buzz and business opportunities...
    ...not doing a broad beta, which would potentially surface problems across the literally hundreds of different Android models in the market
    ...delivering what was ostensibly "gold code" that gets leaked and absolutely doesn't work properly...

It's quacking. It's waddling. It's got feathers. It looks EXACTLY like a duck. What are people who aren't total idiots and have all lived through the financial meltdown and bailouts of the last 5 years SUPPOSED to think?

Somewhere between innocent "Who, ME?" eyelash-batting and outright mustache-twirling evil is the truth. I wonder if we'll ever know what it is.
    09-23-13 02:09 PM
    I don't think it was, they are just in trouble.
    09-23-13 02:10 PM

Does it make sens now?

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately your theory cannot play as stock was halted on Friday. Meaning that no matter what happened with BBM the stock still wouldn't have been traded on Monday

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 02:11 PM
    Yeah it is funny that the stock has been sitting at over $10 for an entire month, then they release bad info, then botch BBM rollout on the same weekend and stock drops to below $9 and then it is announced that they are selling for $9 to Fairfax. It was sitting at $14 at the end of June. I suspect that regulators will be taking a very close look that these events and be looking for proof of stock manipulation. Makes you wonder why they didn't put any effort into making BB10 successful since the launch.
    09-23-13 02:11 PM
    I'm with the OP on this one.

Posted via my Awesome Z10!!!
    09-23-13 02:12 PM
    It's called full disclosure. Besides, either the stock price was pre-set at $9 and it looks okay by the halt of shares or it was pre-determined based on closing value on a particular day plus a small premium for your troubles. Either way, the stock can still be bought and sold. If people believe that the company is worth more they will pump the shares up over the offer price signaling that they will reject the bid, otherwise an efficient market will buy and sell until the shares hit exactly $9.00 and pretty much stay there until the deal is completed. Any shareholder had to know of these possibilities as well as the opportunity to buy more shares immediately after the announcement of the loss when the shares tumbled. It was a missed opportunity for most to make all of their money back (provided you have the resources to do so)
    09-23-13 02:15 PM
    Fairfax probably presented their offer to the board from the grassy knoll.
    09-23-13 02:15 PM
    nope nope nope nope nope nope

[Speculation] This was all planned... hear me out.-pztyv.jpg
    09-23-13 02:16 PM
    So, if this is all true they will keep cross-platform BBM on pause for 6 weeks, until the deal is closed.

Crap!

LOL
    09-23-13 02:18 PM
    09-23-13 02:20 PM
    That's a lot of planning for a company that seemingly can't make deadlines, fails to anticipate change and misreads just about everything. Or all of those screw ups could have just been BlackBerry's version of Muhammad Ali's tried and true "Rope-a-Dope" Who knows?
    Everything you said is bang on, but at this stage why have something positive at all. There's so much money involved, let's keep the implosion going, keep the price down so the share holders don't have second thoughts. Only time will tell, who really knows.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 02:21 PM
    Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence.
    09-23-13 02:23 PM
68 123