What is the difference between a prosumer and a consumer?-prosumer.jpg
    10 characters
    09-23-13 10:57 AM
    Hi. Good question. I found this info in a Forbes article:
    The term “prosumer” has transformed from meaning “professional consumer” to meaning “product and brand advocate.” Rather than simply “consuming” products, people are becoming the voices of those products and significantly impacting the success or failure of companies, products, and brands, particularly through their involvement on the social web.

No longer are businesses completely in control of their products, brands and messages. Today, consumers are in control. The leaders of this shift are the members of the social web — bloggers, microbloggers, forum posters, social networking participants, and so on, who spread messages, influence people around the world, and drive demand.

Prosumers are the online influencers that business leaders and marketers must not just identify but also acknowledge, respect and develop relationships with in order for their products and brands to thrive.

Here is the url for that article:
    The Shift from CONsumers to PROsumers - Forbes
    andyJH likes this.
    09-23-13 11:05 AM
    Hi. Good question. I found this info in a Forbes article:
    The term “prosumer” has transformed from meaning “professional consumer” to meaning “product and brand advocate.” Rather than simply “consuming” products, people are becoming the voices of those products and significantly impacting the success or failure of companies, products, and brands, particularly through their involvement on the social web.

No longer are businesses completely in control of their products, brands and messages. Today, consumers are in control. The leaders of this shift are the members of the social web — bloggers, microbloggers, forum posters, social networking participants, and so on, who spread messages, influence people around the world, and drive demand.

Prosumers are the online influencers that business leaders and marketers must not just identify but also acknowledge, respect and develop relationships with in order for their products and brands to thrive.

Here is the url for that article:
    The Shift from CONsumers to PROsumers - Forbes
    This so much without a doubt.
    09-23-13 11:10 AM
    So I kind of read that to mean that they aren't really giving up on the market as a whole but rather trying to find a way from within it to success again?

Unfortunately the way they worded their press release last week said otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 11:27 AM
    Long story short..they plan on focusing on enterprise.. there will no longer be anymore blackberry commercials for us consumer market .. they will focus their brand to corporate America in a sense.. governments/medical sector and so forth..

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 11:31 AM
    Very simple: Prosumer = BlackBerry People
    09-23-13 11:41 AM
    I think they just stuffed that word in there to try and spice up the bad news, there is no such thing as prosumer in the smartphone market. Same as "mobile computing".

Werent they saying that they recognize the BYOD trend just a few months ago? Now suddenly they are going to cater to some magical business and prosumer users that are not going to move to ios and Android?

I think the hardware business is done, its just how to get rid of it as painlessly as possible thats the issue right now.
    09-23-13 11:43 AM
    None, BlackBerry bull****, consumers are same as proconsumers

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 11:55 AM