Hello,

I am a technician for a school district and we have had little luck in finding a work order system or app that ties in with a work order or ticket system. I should clarify we have not looked much at this point and at my level I can only suggest things but my boss and co-workers are pretty receptive to suggestions. Is anyone using anything like this or have methods they use to track/record/update/close requests while "in the field". I know many products have web based apps and what we use now does but is on a server we simply can't open up. My boss is looking at and taking suggestions for new products and options. If anyone knows of any specific products that play well with the BB (8330's) either web based or a specific app I would really like to take a look at them.

The best I can come up with at this point to be paperless is to export my list of tickets to a PDF on my computer, open that file, copy the text and paste it into a word document, save that doc to my BB media card, and then open it with docs to go that came with the 4.5 OS update. - Not exactly efficient and way to static.

My boss was looking at Dell Mini's which he may or may not have ordered for us which we could use via wireless in all our buildings and access our work order system that way but I would still like to find something that BB can work with also. Who knows maybe once we change we can set it up properly for open (but not publicly known) access and use the BB browser but I am looking for thoughts from BB veterans here
    10-22-08 10:47 AM
    Try Canvas at gocanvas.com. You can build your own data collection and work order applications, and there are a catalog of existing applications and data collection forms you can use and customize.

Good luck!
    12-31-10 12:48 PM
    01-02-11 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD