I'm thinking that Apple and BlackBerry would actually make a good fit.
    With Apple looking for an edge in the enterprise market, aquiring BlackBerry's knowledge in that field would give them a great product.
    Not only that, but it would be hoped that there would be a viable enterprise giving some service to legacy BlackBerry devices.
    Doesn't sound ideal for the purists maybe, but I do see this as a practical solution.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 06:38 PM
    I think I just died a little inside.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 06:41 PM
    Apple, doesn't need anyone's help. They're like the honey badger of the tech world.

BBM Channel: C001224E5
    09-22-13 06:42 PM
    Hmm if apple would be running BlackBerry we would still have BlackBerry Bold 9s. Dobt forget, s stands for same i doubt apple will even hold its market as sinve departure of Jobs they have lacked any single innovation idea... They will be next BlackBerry in maybe 4-5 years if u ask me

Posted via CB10
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    09-22-13 06:52 PM
    Definitely not. Apple doesn't need any help, but Microsoft on the other hand, could probably benefit from buying BlackBerry. But, I can definitely see Amazon doing it though.

Posted via my Z10!
    09-22-13 07:04 PM
    If Apple and BlackBerry ever merged, I'd quit and go buy a flip phone.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    09-22-13 07:06 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the iPhone has been a commercial success up until this point. Adding BlackBerry innovation and security to that platform would make a really good product IMO.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 07:28 PM
    Aaaaah yes ...The Fruit Company, I can see it now....SMILE
    rayporsche likes this.
    09-22-13 07:40 PM
    Definitely not. Apple doesn't need any help, but Microsoft on the other hand, could probably benefit from buying BlackBerry. But, I can definitely see Amazon doing it though.

Posted via my Z10!
    Amazon is the only company that makes sense.

Amazon has no foothold into the mobile market, just the tablet market. Rumors are they want to get into this market.
    Microsoft now has Nokia and Exchange makes BES not really needed. Had they not bought Nokia I could see this happening.
    Apple is the Juggernaut.
    09-22-13 10:35 PM
    Never going to happen, even though it's not a terrible idea. I absolutely believe that a ONX-based mobile OS is the key to the post-tablet era, where one's entire digital presence is managed by a single device, but the amount of work required to re-code iOS from a monolithic platform to micro-kernel architecture would be horrendous and certainly not worth Apple's time revenue-wise; Apple users (which I freely admit to being) are pretty happy with the experience as it is.

I think a better fit would be to have Samsung purchase the OS and IP portfolio and have them offer BB10 as an alternative OS option on their phones. Have them certify the virtualization engine as Android-compliant, slap the Play Store on there to circumvent the sideloading hassle, and watch the bodies hit the floor. There is dynamite business and security IP in BB's decaying body. It takes a behemoth handset manufacturer like Samsung, whose name and good will with it current prospective customer base are pretty sterling, to leverage BB10 appropriately.

My only caveat in that situation is that they desperately need new interface designers in this scenario. The existing BB10 UI is bad enough, but slapping TouchWiz on it would be ruinous.
    09-23-13 09:57 AM