Yes, we all do know that BlackBerry Messenger is delayed again (not like the release date was early either) and that most of us android and iOS users are left in the shadows. Fine. I'm not sure if I am speaking in the opinion of all but for sure my opinion is that it's alright. Problems do arise, not every country, company or anything is God gifted and is bound to fly to success in a mass release.

These releases are big. There are many things that go wrong and I know through personal endeavors that lots of things can go wrong in the smallest of things which leads me to say, why not the big things? Well, the worst has happened. BBM is delayed. BlackBerry needs to be more communicative on this. I was scouting twitter earlier today and at a point, BBM was a major trend. It's nothing small. I constantly refreshed my twitter to see 10s of tweets popping up about BBM every 5 seconds. The audience is massive. What is the audience being treated with? A bare bones relay between blackberry and the consumer.

I'm sure half of us wouldn't complain if blackberry would come up to us and tell us the truth. We can never confirm the truth in their press release. BlackBerry needs to have twitter updates to keep waiters happy. Otherwise, before we know it blackberry messenger will be known as the gigantic failure down the street. If we had tweets posted by BBM every so minutes reassuring us and giving us updates we wouldn't complain but leaving us in the dark? That hardly seems fair.

I know, blackberry messenger is a free app but it's eventually going to get monetized and do you think people would buy products from companies that don't interact with customers and are highly unreliable? We are humans, we can empathize, understand other people's failures but the moment we give up on a situation and lose trust is when somebody doesn't talk to us, doesn't tell the truth. I'm sure we can all be happy if we knew more but with the bones of information being handed to us, our human instinct is nothing but a mere thought that this entire release was a failure and that blackberry cannot be trusted in.

Just as an afterword, I do not hate blackberry. Been using them for years and still am using them but I'm just saying what would be better for BlackBerry so that we can see it as a better company, so that it can make it to the top again. I have quickly typed this up on a phone so if you sight any errors, please be a gentleman/lady and point it out for me. Thanks!
    09-22-13 12:02 PM
    https://twitter.com/BBM/statuses/381825370808274945

But I definitely agree with you! Many small companies have better PR than BB.
    ichat likes this.
    09-22-13 12:10 PM
    https://twitter.com/BBM/statuses/381825370808274945

But I definitely agree with you! Many small companies have better PR than BB.
    That's amazing! Got tired opening twitter and now see this tweet. I hope it's soon!
    09-22-13 12:16 PM
    The bigger they are, the slower the response time because of legal implications of what they say.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 01:11 PM
    Everyone makes mistakes, at least no one's phone got bricked http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/22/a...icked-updates/

At least BlackBerry eventually gave us a status update. Apparently apple is going more of the stealthy route. I would be a little pissed if my device was bricked and no statement for 2 days

Check out my "Facepalm" channel: C0001F676
    bbhuh likes this.
    09-22-13 06:53 PM
    Companies are only silent when it's their fault.

BlackBerry forgot about the beta channels not working with the cross platform or didn't test it. Otherwise I am sure they would of said so before hand.

There was clearly a concern if the system could handle the load. They asked CB folks to do invites the other night to stress test it. No one has said a word about how that went. Why? Because issues appeared.

This weekend they witnessed the system overloading and fought to keep it running even before releasing the official app. This must of been early in the morning prior to the 7am release.

They simply could not handle the volume. So now they must invest more time and dollars as well as insuring a staggered launch.

They over estimated their systems ability, the leaked version caused issues and revealed the short comings of the system.
    So they pulled the plug before it failed and caused a possible cascade failure like we saw a while back.

In short, BlackBerry failed to plan, build out, control and execute the rollout properly.

Impact will be further loss in confidence in BlackBerry's mgmt. team, app security, developers and techs.
    Stock could take a hit and possible buyers will run away or lower their offers.

The public will simply chalk up one more strike for BlackBerry.
    This time both Apple and Droid users as well as staunch BlackBerry users feel the pain.

Yes, Apple can pull an offering but they have time to make it right. They have a strong core of positive fans and a string of record launches.

BlackBerry has none of those anymore. Everyone deep inside know things are not looking good.

Let's hope new blood and a more intense, higher standard and innovative presence comes to BlackBerry and soon. That is not Mike L thing. Past performance is indicative of future performance.
    After all the last products released were all part of Mikes plan. Thor was just a follow along. He created nothing.
    New blood and excitement is needed. A strong vision and an iron will to make it happen.

If not, we are certainly seeing the last days of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 on my Verizon Z10. 10.2.0.1725
    bbhuh likes this.
    09-22-13 08:07 PM
    Companies are only silent when it's their fault.

BlackBerry forgot about the beta channels not working with the cross platform or didn't test it. Otherwise I am sure they would of said so before hand.

There was clearly a concern if the system could handle the load. They asked CB folks to do invites the other night to stress test it. No one has said a word about how that went. Why? Because issues appeared.

This weekend they witnessed the system overloading and fought to keep it running even before releasing the official app. This must of been early in the morning prior to the 7am release.

They simply could not handle the volume. So now they must invest more time and dollars as well as insuring a staggered launch.

They over estimated their systems ability, the leaked version caused issues and revealed the short comings of the system.
    So they pulled the plug before it failed and caused a possible cascade failure like we saw a while back.

In short, BlackBerry failed to plan, build out, control and execute the rollout properly.

Impact will be further loss in confidence in BlackBerry's mgmt. team, app security, developers and techs.
    Stock could take a hit and possible buyers will run away or lower their offers.

The public will simply chalk up one more strike for BlackBerry.
    This time both Apple and Droid users as well as staunch BlackBerry users feel the pain.

Yes, Apple can pull an offering but they have time to make it right. They have a strong core of positive fans and a string of record launches.

BlackBerry has none of those anymore. Everyone deep inside know things are not looking good.

Let's hope new blood and a more intense, higher standard and innovative presence comes to BlackBerry and soon. That is not Mike L thing. Past performance is indicative of future performance.
    After all the last products released were all part of Mikes plan. Thor was just a follow along. He created nothing.
    New blood and excitement is needed. A strong vision and an iron will to make it happen.

If not, we are certainly seeing the last days of BlackBerry.

Some who installed the ios version before it was brought down are able to talk to channels users again, and channel users can talk to them. And there was no problem talking to the test account they made last month.

The whole Channels not working with cross-platform is still just a rumour. Nobody but BlackBerry knows what's going on right now.

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    09-22-13 09:03 PM

I brought up the apple situation because of the topic of this thread, which is communication.

But just wanted to point out that apple is losing shares, alarmingly fast to android. If apple keeps up the attitude that they can afford to do these things because of their strong and positives fan, they might end up like BlackBerry...

09-22-13 09:22 PM
    I think the leaked version is just an excuse too!

Though I'm disappointed you can't share files like you can right now with the BlackBerry version. Guess they should keep some stuff for people who actually buy their phones

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 09:25 PM
    While it lasted I did test file transfer , via file explorer if I choose share option it works. As usual limit is 6mb so file transfer will work with bbm4all.
    I think the leaked version is just an excuse too!

Though I'm disappointed you can't share files like you can right now with the BlackBerry version. Guess they should keep some stuff for people who actually buy their phones

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 10:05 PM
    I brought up the apple situation because of the topic of this thread, which is communication.

But just wanted to point out that apple is losing shares, alarmingly fast to android. If apple keeps up the attitude that they can afford to do these things because of their strong and positives fan, they might end up like BlackBerry...

Ofcourse Apple will lose shares to android. Have you seen how many android devices are available? I can buy a android for 50€. Do you think Apple will be bought more then android devices? It will never happen. Android will always have the crown. Because it is more available and is in more price ranges. Don't you dare use BlackBerry in the same sentence as Apple. If i have problems with any Apple device i own, i easily get to a Apple Store and they will help me as good as it can. I don't see BlackBerry do that for me. You think with 1 website link you posted it will make Apple look bad to us? Every week people come to me with their BB devices with problems and complain about not getting service or help.

Speak the truth or don't speak. BBRY f*ks their customers hard.
    09-23-13 03:12 AM
    I saw the latest tweet and what caught my eye was the usage of 'timing' rather than 'date'. It gave me the impression that it's coming soon (possibly today) rather than at a later date. If this isn't true, timing isn't the right word to use and is yet another mislead.
    09-23-13 05:24 AM
    Ofcourse Apple will lose shares to android. Have you seen how many android devices are available? I can buy a android for 50�. Do you think Apple will be bought more then android devices? It will never happen. Android will always have the crown. Because it is more available and is in more price ranges. Don't you dare use BlackBerry in the same sentence as Apple. If i have problems with any Apple device i own, i easily get to a Apple Store and they will help me as good as it can. I don't see BlackBerry do that for me. You think with 1 website link you posted it will make Apple look bad to us? Every week people come to me with their BB devices with problems and complain about not getting service or help.

Speak the truth or don't speak. BBRY f*ks their customers hard.
    The irony is that I got a BlackBerry Z10 because apple store "geniuses" refuse to acknowledge that there was a home key issue with my iphone4. Even when I brought my co-worker in who had the same problem, they didn't give us an answer.

By the time apple admitted there was a problem, my co-worker and I had already moved on to the Z10. BTW: My Z10 had its earpiece jack housing broken, I was sent a knew phone, no questions asked.

Another irony is your elitist attitudes about not mentioning BlackBerry and apple together was once the same attitude (and probably still is with some) as a lot BlackBerry users.

I don't get why some people are so militant about their phone, it's a phone, people! If I am not happy with a product, I'll move on.

And once again, I did not post the apple news link to make it look bad. If you read my original email and even my second email, I put an example of how any company can make mistakes and have slow communication problems. I choose that particular one because I was reading Engadget and that was the latest incident of a company not communicating with its users. I would have used any company that had communications issues if it was the latest news. Speaking of which, I wish we could eventually get back to that topic.

Last edited by Young Z; 09-23-13 at 08:47 AM.
    unbreakablej likes this.
    09-23-13 08:36 AM
    BlackBerry won't communicate and now they're going private it'll become worse

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    09-24-13 01:44 AM