look!
    Kevin likes Apple's Touch ID!-screen-shot-2013-09-22-12.54.52-pm.jpg
    09-22-13 11:59 AM
    I do agree its thinking ahead. I hate entering my 4 digit code everytime to turn my phones on.
    09-22-13 12:05 PM
    Just because it brings a totally new way to complete a functional task using technology never before applied to smart phones,...that doesn't make it anything more than a gimmick.

Sorry Apple. Innovation FAIL.

BBRY RULZ!
    #BBMFORALLCOMINGSOON
    09-22-13 05:38 PM
    I haven't gotten mine yet, but this also eliminates the swipe to unlock in addition to the code, right?

I agree this needs to be on the Macs also. I've had it on laptops before, but apparently this works much better from everything I've read.
    09-22-13 05:41 PM
    I do agree its thinking ahead. I hate entering my 4 digit code everytime to turn my phones on.
    You hate entering the 4-digit code? I am just wondering...before the iPhone 5s launch where they officially announced the Touch ID did you ever sit there thinking "God I really hate entering my simple 4-digit code to get into my phone!"

A year ago did you think about that? or did you just realize this right now after Touch ID came out?

I can't say I hate entering my 4-digit code (which you can control how long before it actually activates...for me every 15 minutes of non-use) This is not inconvenient for me and I still think it is a great way to keep the phone safe

To each there own
    09-22-13 05:45 PM
    Touch ID is so secure it has already been "hacked"

http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/9/22...apple-touch-id

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 05:49 PM
    You hate entering the 4-digit code? I am just wondering...before the iPhone 5s launch where they officially announced the Touch ID did you ever sit there thinking "God I really hate entering my simple 4-digit code to get into my phone!"

A year ago did you think about that? or did you just realize this right now after Touch ID came out?

I can't say I hate entering my 4-digit code (which you can control how long before it actually activates...for me every 15 minutes of non-use) This is not inconvenient for me and I still think it is a great way to keep the phone safe

To each there own
    Yep i have not liked having enter the code since work made me put it on there basically. I understand the reasons but still its an extra step. It has nothing to do with the 5s. Sorry to disappoint you.
    mphillips828 likes this.
    09-22-13 05:55 PM
    Just because it brings a totally new way to complete a functional task using technology never before applied to smart phones,...that doesn't make it anything more than a gimmick.

Sorry Apple. Innovation FAIL.

BBRY RULZ!
    #BBMFORALLCOMINGSOON
    Are you being sarcastic? I hope so. BB fans generally note the advantages of being able to complete functional tasks faster. Does this not qualify?
    Barljo likes this.
    09-22-13 05:58 PM
    Who cares lol, he is on the Mobile Nations team. He can use a damn Palm Pre for all i care, it's his choice. He tries lots of different devices, Android, Apple, Blackberry, and heck even Windows im sure. What matters is that deep down inside he still has passion for BlackBerry, and trust me he does. We need to stop acting like a bunch of Crackberry nazis and let the man enjoy himself.
    Donvald and eldricho like this.
    09-22-13 06:15 PM

To each there own
    The 4 digit code is very low security so I went to the long one and boy that was a pain since I have mine engage in a few minutes. So much that in frustration I said screw it and didn't use any code. And I admit, such a joy to do it. Then one day I left it in the conference room. Fortunately recalled quickly but I realized how stupid it was not to use a code at all on my personal stuff. So went back to the 4 digit one but once my 5s comes in it's back to the long digit plus fingerprint.
    09-23-13 04:01 AM
    hate entering my 4 digit code everytime to turn my phones on.
    Try this code on for size 5555
    The hate will disappear :P
    09-23-13 04:06 AM

But that's exactly the point.

You don't realize how inconvenient the previous system until you've used a better solution. And Touch ID + password is a significantly better solution, especially if you're accessing your phone repeatedly throughout the day--including downloading music and apps. Use it for one full day and you don't want to go back. You don't think about it until you've used it, and then you can't believe how much easier and more efficient it is every single time you access the device.

Most importantly: it changes the way you think about the devices you used before--and you don't want to go back.
    koolpep likes this.
    09-23-13 05:17 AM

To each there own
    Isn't that the point. Apple innovated and made things easier by changing something WITHOUT everyone screaming and complaining "omg I hhaaaaate this. Fix it"

They successfully predicted our needs

Posted via CB10
    koolpep likes this.
    09-23-13 05:25 AM
    Cool I think I would too.
    09-23-13 05:32 AM
    Seriously? Everybody who used it for a while and has to go back to entering a code, is totally shocked how stupid it feels to enter the code so many times a day. The innovation is to make it work so flawlessly.

Give credit where it is due, in this case, well done Apple.
    09-23-13 05:37 AM

To each there own
    When u have email now, can u say that you don't hate if u have to write a paper mail to your friend or bussiness colleagues and wait several days to get replied?
    The standard of doing things is always raised..

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 05:39 AM
    Never forget where you came from...

CrackBerry Kevin!

Posted via CB Q10
    09-23-13 05:40 AM
    Never forget where you came from...

CrackBerry Kevin!

Posted via CB Q10
    ColumBiana? LOL...

Posted via CB10
    akabbani likes this.
    09-23-13 05:42 AM
    The impressive thing is, that other companies tried to launch a phone with built in fingerprint scanner.

But they dropped it cause people weren't using it, the system was too cumbersome, and was wrong too many times.

Only Apple could figure out how to make it work properly and without it being a hassle.

And as somebody who hates entering passwords (and uses long passwords!) I can't wait to get the 5s!
    09-23-13 08:16 AM